Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to get a degree online for free?

Options
  • 02-09-2014 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

This may sound like a silly question but I'm on a gap year and I'm interested in studying an online degree in theology or philosophy. Any of the websites I've seen seem to provide the material and leave the rest to the user. Is it possible to do an online course which provides some sort of a recognised certificate which could be used at a later date or on a CV. I want to study one of these courses but also don't want to feel like it was all for nothing.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

KOB33 wrote: »
    This may sound like a silly question but I'm on a gap year and I'm interested in studying an online degree in theology or philosophy. Any of the websites I've seen seem to provide the material and leave the rest to the user. Is it possible to do an online course which provides some sort of a recognised certificate which could be used at a later date or on a CV. I want to study one of these courses but also don't want to feel like it was all for nothing.

No , not in 1 year and not for free .

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭feet of flame

You could try University of the People

uopeople.edu/

I cant post links so www. before that address

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You're not going to get anything actually recognised for free.

Advertisement