Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Much Does It Cost For V.A.T Number

Options
  • 02-09-2014 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi
    I am looking to start up a business. Does any know how much it cost to get vat number.
    Thanks
    Pat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 alllowercase

Dosn't cost anything, just fill out a form for the tax office, but just make sure that you are earning enough that you need too register for vat you might not need to... or get yourself a good accountant

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ph5.5

I was told there was cost. I am trying to start up something. I am only working 3 day week. So funds are starting to run low. But I think This mite work.
    Thanks lad

• Registered Users Posts: 14 alllowercase

Dosn't cost a cent!! if you need to register go in to your Revenue office and fill out the form, but I think you have to be earning over €50k before your rwquired to register fpr vat, the vat number I was given was my pps number! But seriously get a goods accountant, I had a brilliant accountant that was writing every thing off against tax etc. down to the dog food.....he said they were guard dogs and not pets!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

If you are supplying services you need to register where you will earn more than €37,500. Where you are providing goods then you should earn more than €75,000.
    There is an option to register where you earn less than this. There are different thresholds where you are getting deliveries from other EU countries and shipping stuff over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Seeing as you are based in Cork, drop into the revenue business offices (details below) and go though it with them. They will give you all the info you need and will advise you on the right course of action. Generally revenue are extremely helpful on matters like these.

Contact details for the Cork District
    District Address & Public Office Opening Hours Phone Email
    Cork East
    including Cork County East, City North & City Centre Business Tax / Customer Service

Audit & Compliance,
    Revenue House, Assumption Road, Blackpool, Cork.
    Monday - Friday: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. 021 602 7058

021 602 7000 cork.it@revenue.ie

corkeast@revenue.ie
    Cork South West
    including Cork County South West & City South and City East Business Tax / Customer Service

Audit & Compliance,
    Revenue House, Assumption Road, Blackpool, Cork.
    Monday - Friday: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. 021 602 7058

021 602 7000 cork.it@revenue.ie

corksouthwest@revenue.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ph5.5

I be doing a catalog for business so would that be €75,000
    Thanks for ever one help.

Advertisement