Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From Mahon heading east at rush hour

Options
  • 02-09-2014 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

Got me a job in Abtran (just off Skehard Rd) and started today. The traffic passing the CRO heading for the tunnel is atrocious and was wondering if anyone could suggest a better route?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Exit at Douglas and go over well road? (although you have a good few sets of lights to navigate)

Or down the marina via the city, blackrock, around the back of mahon?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Sorry for being a plug but what is CRO? You are coming from Mahon is it or where are you coming from

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Milly33 wrote: »
    Sorry for being a plug but what is CRO? You are coming from Mahon is it or where are you coming from

Think OP might have meant CSO, on Skehard Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

If going to the tunnel, there's no better route really. Of you go through town it'll take the same amount of time but seem faster because you are moving more.

Are you on the bike? I live a half mile from there and find it to be fairly safe to filter most of the way up to the Mahon point lights. In a car, you may as well just get comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Milly33 wrote: »

CSO :o I have a mate that's been going on about the Company Registration Office lately.
    Are you on the bike? I live a half mile from there and find it to be fairly safe to filter most of the way up to the Mahon point lights. In a car, you may as well just get comfortable.

I may end up on the bike some or all of the time eventually depending on the hours I end up working after I finish training. If I'm in for a dose of 9-5s I think I'll crack up but if it's all oddball shifts avoiding the traffic then I'll probably keep to the car because I have a carpool buddy already.
    If going to the tunnel, there's no better route really. Of you go through town it'll take the same amount of time but seem faster because you are moving more.

I agree that going through town may not saving any time but today I ended up taking Skehard road West onto Well road. Even going through Douglas and joining onto the South Ring before Mahon appears to saved me 20 mins. Okay it's only two routes on two days but I'm wondering if it's just particularly bad at the moment and I'm normally better off to grin and bear the hack out past Mahon pt?

• Advertisement

The traffic between 445 and 615 in mp is a sh1t show. Through town is horrible at that time too, but not sure if it's as bad. But if Douglas seems faster stick to that. The bike is much more advisable though, you'll piss a hundred people off a day sliding past :D

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

Would be best for you in the long run if you can organise to start there earlier and then leave earlier as a result to avoid the traffic through the bottlenecks

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

What direction is the OP coming from? Might make things easier to figure out
    If I was coming from town I would be up the marina in a shot and loop around the back of Mahon - never been stuck in traffic there

-Toppy- wrote: »
    What direction is the OP coming from? Might make things easier to figure out
    If I was coming from town I would be up the marina in a shot and loop around the back of Mahon - never been stuck in traffic there

Op is trying to go through the tunnel from Mahon side.

Going through town at 5 o clock he would get caught on Albert road, and at the lights all the way to silver springs, though it would be plain sailing from there. The problem with Albert road is the amount of idiot drivers who hesitate when taking off, so only 4/5 cars get through the lights at a time.

Advertisement