Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claiming dental expenses as a student

Options
  • 02-09-2014 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello I just recently turned 18 I don't know if that matters. Anyway I'm trying to claim back for root canal treatment and on the Med 1 form it asks about tax credit and all that. i don't have any income or a job so I don't have anything like that.

I just don't want to fill out the for wrong and not get anything back.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi

You cant claim back any tax when you did not pay any tax to begin with.

dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

cc12313 wrote: »
    Hello I just recently turned 18 I don't know if that matters. Anyway I'm trying to claim back for root canal treatment and on the Med 1 form it asks about tax credit and all that. i don't have any income or a job so I don't have anything like that.

I just don't want to fill out the for wrong and not get anything back.

You won't get anything back give the receipt to your parents if they work and let them claim.

By the way you need a med 2 for dental.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cc12313

Ya I have the med 2 forms. I just didn't know my Mam would have to fill out the Med 1 form.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

cc12313 wrote: »
    Ya I have the med 2 forms. I just didn't know my Mam would have to fill out the Med 1 form.

Someone who paid tax has to fil out the forms to get tax back

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cc12313

Okay thank you. I didn't know a lot of people were saying to me you can send off the med 2 but others were like you keep that as a reciept. Do I send this in aswell? and will my mam get fully refunded because I know you only get 20% back for braces and crowns.

• Advertisement
Advertisement