Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed Test

Options
  • 02-09-2014 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi,

When I run speedtest.net through the laptop, I consistently get a reading of 40-50Mbps. When this test is then done through my SGS4, the speeds being recorded are almost always down around 4-5Mbps. Upload speeds seem to be constent around 15-18Mbps whichever method I use.

Just wondering which one is accurate as the difference is huge.

Im having a few issues streaming content so I leaning towards the lower reading being correct?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,

When I run speedtest.net through the laptop, I consistently get a reading of 40-50Mbps. When this test is then done through my SGS4, the speeds being recorded are almost always down around 4-5Mbps. Upload speeds seem to be constent around 15-18Mbps whichever method I use.

Just wondering which one is accurate as the difference is huge.

Im having a few issues streaming content so I leaning towards the lower reading being correct?

Thanks for any help.
    Hi ilovespudss

This does seem quite odd however I'll be unable to confirm this for you I'm afraid, the best advice I can offer is to contact technical support in relation to this. You can now reach support over webchat here:
    [font=Calibri","sans-serif]http://www.eircom.net/about/contact/ or by calling on 1890260260[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Calibri","sans-serif]Al
    [/font]

Advertisement