Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angry over landlord

Options
  • 02-09-2014 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Bit upset, but moreso angry writing this, so sorry if it's not easily understandable.

I am going into my second year of college starting on Monday 8th September. Myself and a friend found a house that we liked but had 3 bedrooms. The landlord agreed with us over texts that we would be paying for rooms separately and not the whole house. She said herself that she would find a 3rd tenant but even if she doesn't we would still have our rooms.

Last week we met the landlord in the house to have a look around it. We were hapy to go ahead with the deal (after already agreeing over text).

Deposit and first months rent were paid by both of us.

Sadly now at the final hour she says she got a group of 3 people for the house and basically said tough luck to me and my friend but she's gonna rent to them.

I have a bad feeling I know the answer here but is she entitled to do this? We hadn't signed a contract. She said she will return security deposit and first months rent to us immediately.

It's the fact that she didn't say one word about it until we rang her which is upsetting. We are both stuck in pretty bad situations now which is the last thing you want before going to college.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Pain in the backside but as it would only be a room rented, then you have next to no rights. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 House Issue

Thanks.

Disaster

Advertisement