Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview with Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (Junior Diplomat)

• 02-09-2014 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone,

I've just been called for a final-round interview for the position of Junior Diplomat (Third Secretary) with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, and I was wondering if anyone could offer any advice on how to prepare. I've gone through the all of the instructions sent to me by the Department itself obviously, and have prepared the usual interview questions (at least the ones I could think of!), but any tips would be much appreciated! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

There's been a few threads on this before, have a search iirc one was pretty big

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Vag

Fair play on getting this far. I'm amazed that the interview process is still going on, because the closing date was October 2013. Just out of curiosity, what have the interviews involved so far? Also, I wonder how many candidates applied in the first place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

I think the interviewers are normally very high level, like the Sec Gen. Hope that info helps. Try not to use too much interview "b/s", & being pragmatic is the key thing I think.

Advertisement