Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepay Power

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭ukoda

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    It's €3 a min it's cost to listen to that to a €6 before they start talking

Are you implying that's the cost of the phone call? Becsuse they have an 1850 number which are capped at about 30c max from a mobile and I think something like 6c from a landline.

I think you are mistaken or else you're not calling the correct number

http://www.moneyguideireland.com/cost-of-calling-1850-numbers.html

• Registered Users Posts: 28 katief101

Prepaypower.ie are a dreadful company and I would avoid them at all costs. I have spent the last few days calling them trying to get a deactivation code for a box in a new house we just bought and they have done nothing but mess me around. I am heavily pregnant and moving into a house with no electricity. I have explained all this but they couldn't care less. I have an account setup with a new supplier, supplied them with proof of ownership etc. but still no reply from them. They even told us we could top up the card in the house to use in the meantime during the 7 day switchover period and when we did it ate up all our money as the previous owner has arrears of over 100 euro on the machine. None of this was explained to us of course and we can't get a refund. They don't answer email and just keep promising to call back but to no avail. Am at my wits end with this company.

katief101 wrote: »
    Prepaypower.ie are a dreadful company and I would avoid them at all costs. I have spent the last few days calling them trying to get a deactivation code for a box in a new house we just bought and they have done nothing but mess me around. I am heavily pregnant and moving into a house with no electricity. I have explained all this but they couldn't care less. I have an account setup with a new supplier, supplied them with proof of ownership etc. but still no reply from them. They even told us we could top up the card in the house to use in the meantime during the 7 day switchover period and when we did it ate up all our money as the previous owner has arrears of over 100 euro on the machine. None of this was explained to us of course and we can't get a refund. They don't answer email and just keep promising to call back but to no avail. Am at my wits end with this company.

Lodge a complaint to the CER, tell them you are doing it and ask them if they have followed all their complaint handing procedures. You have to go through their process before the CER will get involved, but it might shake them up knowing there actions will have to be documented and produced to the CER upon their request. Send them an email and CC the CER email address for complaints, you'll find it on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 28 katief101

Thanks, I will certainly try that. Have spend hours on the phone to them over past few days and it's gone beyond reasonable now at this stage. Such an unprofessional company. Have enough things to get organized as it is without this unnecessary stress!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

ukoda wrote: »
    Are you implying that's the cost of the phone call? Becsuse they have an 1850 number which are capped at about 30c max from a mobile and I think something like 6c from a landline.

I think you are mistaken or else you're not calling the correct number

http://www.moneyguideireland.com/cost-of-calling-1850-numbers.html
    €3 a call with UPC and now esb donates money to charities , prepower don't donate money to charity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

€3 a call with UPC and now esb donates money to charities , prepower don't donate money to charity

Just call upc for free on 1908. Any good company will have CSR policy donations are part of that. ESB are cheaper than prepay I'm failing to see your point

As i said you're calling the wrong number so, they actually have a freephone number: 1800 98 91 03, which costs you exactly 0 euro from a UPC landline.

I can't comment on who donates to what charities as i don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 guiresy77

Just simply do not join..terrible customer service.. they even have charges if you leave after your contract year.. horrible company

• Registered Users Posts: 2 guiresy77

Just simply do not join..terrible customer service.. they even have charges if you leave after your contract year.. horrible company

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Charge to remove the meter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

they can't charge you if you are a new customer. So I would sign OH/flatmate/mother/father/dog or cat :) to another supplier and then demand they remove it for free!
    They are terrible to deal with, actually before removal you can get a deactivation code from them over the phone. I had to threaten them with the energy regulator before they gave in.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ruben37

JR1210 wrote: »
    Anyone know the cheapest option for prepay power?
    I just bought a house with Prepaypower, rang Electric Ireland and they seem a good bit cheaper, anyone any info on it?

Hi Jr to answer your question I would suggest either Electric Ireland prepay or Bord Gas prepay, neither have the 126 euros plus such as prepay power or pin energy. As for such comments as prepay users not being able to manage money, such a silly/stupid suggestion. I am a prepay customer of Electric Ireland with 196.50 credit on my meter, own my own home with no arrears on a 25 year mortgage with 3 years left. I also own and run a small but successful company for over 22 years no issues here with managing money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Pinergy aren't irish when they have company in Belfast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

For anyone considering these companies,i was with PPP for 3 yearsand got ripped off!moved to EI last year and I can definitely feel the difference in my wallet,a positive difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

Prepaypower are more expensive then esb , there no free credit with them, they only give fiver when the installed it and they promise give me my €25 and i never got it, i was paying on my esb €30 every 2 months but Prepaypower i was €50 every 2 months cheaper nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Smertrius wrote: »
    Prepaypower are more expensive then esb , there no free credit with them, they only give fiver when the installed it and they promise give me my €25 and i never got it, i was paying on my esb €30 every 2 months but Prepaypower i was €50 every 2 months cheaper nope

Basically they are giving the highest Standard Electric Ireland rate PLUS €13.60 per month for their fees and meter rental etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Moved into a new rented house two weeks ago and it has prepaid electricity.

Must get in touch with the landlord (who we know) and see what type of contracts etc. he is tied up into. The house was his mothers who it was handy for, but its utterly pointless for me and obviously just a nuisance in terms of cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

JR1210 wrote: »
    Anyone know the cheapest option for prepay power?
    I just bought a house with Prepaypower, rang Electric Ireland and they seem a good bit cheaper, anyone any info on it?

Prepay power is per kw the most expensive power available....

http://www.bonkers.ie/compare-gas-electricity-prices/your-results/

Advertisement