Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant Thornton5k

Options
  • 02-09-2014 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭

Well run event tonight. Slick operation . What I find interesting is the quality in the field. Tonight 411 runners were clocked at under 20 mins. Over 1800 were under 25mins. If the AAI could find some way of tapping into these runners who are not members of clubs , ( I would say that there is a large percentage not regular runners but playing other sports) and it would not be that hard to do it, it could be a big plus for the clubs in Dublin and the outlying areas. Let's hope they grab the chance. This event is a good advertisement for the sport and I think it will keep growing .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

Agree, super event. Well done to all involved in participating but mainly in organising, brilliant overall race experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Excellent event, really well organised even though it was a tight squeeze at the start line. We had 10 runners and we all will be back next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Rashers23

Second year running and enjoyed it again, bag collection was a bit chaotic at the finish though, maybe they should shout out for a few runners to volunteer handing out bags at the end - I know I would have been happy to help out.
    Thanks to all the stewards for the support along the way, sure I heard Marthastew roaring advice to people as they passed her!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Rashers23 wrote: »
    Second year running and enjoyed it again, bag collection was a bit chaotic at the finish though, maybe they should shout out for a few runners to volunteer handing out bags at the end - I know I would have been happy to help out.
    Thanks to all the stewards for the support along the way, sure I heard Marthastew roaring advice to people as they passed her!

Yep, Marthastew was there alright, and in full voice it must be said!
    Very well organised event, lovely evening for running. We had 28 runners out and I think most if not everyone got a PB.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭AJAYC

The BHAA does this work/sector team competitions in an exceptional way for just €10 per race & you have a choice of 20+road, track, trail & cross country events. http://bhaa.ie/news/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jk_Eire

Superb race. A bit tight a times, but I demolished my PB by over a minute and nearly broke sub 20 which I really didn't see coming. The course was clocked at 4.95km on my Garmin though, with a colleague confirming his GPS. I think it may have been some of the corners in the later part of the race when everybody took the foot path instead of following the road.

Will be back next year. It's also a great way to introduce colleagues into road racing and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

AJAYC wrote: »
    The BHAA does this work/sector team competitions in an exceptional way for just €10 per race & you have a choice of 20+road, track, trail & cross country events. http://bhaa.ie/news/

Yes u do, super events, but you need to push it a big more on the advertisement front to get companies interested, I am trying to get our company to sign up at the moment

Advertisement