Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgently need ill dog to eat

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭coathanger

Hi there,
    Had been through a similar situation with my jrt recently.He has since been diagnosed with IBD,he was rapidly loosing weight,with vomiting & Diarrohea, my vet suggested baby rice,which has a lot of vitamins & nutrients,made up very small quantities with boiled water & a very small amount of milk.
    I had to syringe it into him at first, it was great when he managed to keep it down.he then progressed to eating it himself with a tiny bit of shredded chicken mixed in.

Fingers & paws crossed for u.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 IrishCarol

Thanks everyone for all the comments and helpful advice...apologies for not replying sooner.
    We tried syringing pureed food into him...but he threw it up 30mins later.

Unfortunately he deteriorated quickly on Sunday...and started throwing up blood Sunday and to make the heartbreaking decision to take him to the vet Sunday night and put him to sleep. There was no more we could do..and as much as we loved him, we couldn't let him suffer any longer :(

I have to say the staff of Bailieborough Veterinary were absolutely amazing. They did everything humanly possible to save our little guy, and were so kind and understanding afterwards. I can't recommend them highly enough to anyone.

Again, thanks to everyone that tried to help here....and remember to give your pets an extra hug today.

Carol x

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Very sorry to hear that Carol, that's very sad :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Sorry to hear that carol, at least you know you did all you could.
    Hugs to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

Poor fella, very sorry to hear that Carol :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Esterhase

Very sad news Carol, sorry for your loss :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I'm so sorry Carol, that must have been a very tough decision - sounds like you did everything that could be done to save him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Awh no thats very sad Carol, so sorry to hear that. Run free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Sorry to hear that Carol, it's a heartbreaking decision to have to make, but a brave and selfless one nonetheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Deepest and most sincere condolences, Carol. xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

So sorry to hear that, very sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

:( RIP to your poor dog :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

So very sorry to hear. Run free little guy :(

Advertisement