Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Query

Options
  • 03-09-2014 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

I really do hope that you guys can really help.

I went to a branch in Dublin last May, asking the mortgage advisor to help me submit an application to remove my brother from an existing mortgage and put my wife details onto the mortgage and to restructure the mortgage from current term of 22 years to 30 years.

The mortgage advisor to date has been very poor and very lax in her professional ability to help me.

She advised me at first to complete an initial application form by my wife and I which we did and this was submitted.

She came back and advised to us that this was the incorrect form and instead, we should have submitted a product amendment form.

This was subsequently submitted and my wife and I were rejected due to the reason “capability to make repayment” by the Retail Credit Team.

I was advised by the mortgage advisor to submit an mortgage appeals letter and this was submitted a few weeks ago and we found out yesterday, that the appeals letter should not been sent to the Mortgage appeals Board and instead referred back to Retail credit for review and response.

What is frustrating is that I am not convinced that the matter I have is being dealt correctly by Bank of Ireland and what I am trying to achieve is being sent to the wrong personnel which has been the case twice already.

I would like to know what are the steps for removing someone from an existing mortgage and adding on another person because I have asked this question many times and yet, I have received no response by the Mortgage advisor.

I was being a very patient person on this matter but now, I feel that I have to go beyond the mortgage advisor for the correct procedure as she has demonstrated twice to me already that the correct information is not being sourced or sent to the correct team within BOI

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi DulchieLaois,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

We’re very sorry to hear you are unhappy with the service you have received to date with changing a name on your mortgage. 

We understand this can be frustrating to you and we’d like to help you resolve this as soon as possible. If you could please send us a private message with your contact number, name and the branch that you are dealing with (no account details are needed), we can pass this on to the branch manager to contact you and clarify these steps with you. 

You can send a PM to us by clicking on the link in my signature below (please ensure you have signatures set to display in your own control panel settings).

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement