Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

suitable smartphone for a Parkinson's patient

Options
  • 03-09-2014 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭

I want to give a new phone to my friend who has parkinsons. he is tech savvy and uses a computer every day. The problem he has is that his fingers aren't as sensitive any more ie he presses too hard and too long. I've been trying to find out what my options are but there doesn't seem to be that much available. budget would be about 200e. any recommendation for phone or app?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

The iPhone has an accessibility menu as far as I know.

Other than that, I assume android would have some apps to enable accessibility options

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Just had a quick look at my phone (Galaxy S5) and it has some features that seemed to be geared towards people with limited mobility, but that's out of your price range. Have a look into the Moto G. Very good android phone (so similar in operation to the galaxy). I think most of the android handsets have configurable options to adjust, but I don't have one to test..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

no way would 'i convince him to put 500e in his pocket. I'm already going to have to be economic with the truth re price. I'm thinking of a moto g or windows phone with a suitable app or adapted operating system. It has to be robust too, we get through several mice and keyboards a year.

Advertisement