Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone to share in South Dublin?

Options
  • 03-09-2014 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Myself and my boyfriend are in our 20s and working professionals. We are having trouble finding a new place since our lease finished and we're currently travelling in from a family house in Meath to Clonskeagh/Rathmines everyday which just isn't going to work much longer.

Hoping to find someone looking for a room in South Dublin, so to share a 2-bed.. anyone any ideas on where to look for such a thing?

Daft, myhome, rent etc are all useless, nowhere takes couples so we're really stuck.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Rent a full place, sublet a room!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Rent a full place, sublet a room!

Considered that but we don't want to be stuck paying €1500+ a month for a few months while we find someone, we would rather find someone and then find a place if you get me :o

Is there a website that facilitates this kind of thing?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Daft, you will not be stuck for even a couple of weeks I would guess

You cant find anywhere, tonnes of others cant either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Hard to find a place that take's couples, especially when the market is full of tenants so landlords and subletters have their pick of the bunch. I'd say you're going to have to get somewhere yourselves first. If you do decide to do this make sure the landlord is ok with subletting.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Yer Aul One

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Daft, you will not be stuck for even a couple of weeks I would guess

You cant find anywhere, tonnes of others cant either

Totally agree with this. Its so easy to sublet at the moment!

You will fill it in a day, if it is an attractive property

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Agree with the previous. Get a place where the landlord will agree to a sublet because there are next to no places that will take couples. My OH and I were in the same boat a couple of times. It's almost the only way in Dublin.

Advertisement