Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go to in Dublin to brush up on computer skills?

Options
  • 03-09-2014 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Looking for suggestions as to where someone could go to brush up on work related computer skills...Microsoft Office, Excel, that kind of thing.

I found a local college in Ringsend that offer one class per week for 12 weeks. I would prefer to get it done sooner, with more classes over a shorter period of time.

Mods - is this the right forum for this? I looked in the Education forum, but everything seems to be third level related there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Microsoft themselves have training courses with videos.
    Some of them, especially Excel go into some depth.
    I would recommend doing them.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

do you specifically need a cert or are you just interested in getting the knowledge?
    There's lots and lots of online resources to learn these applications better.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Beffs

whiskeyman wrote: »
    do you specifically need a cert or are you just interested in getting the knowledge?
    There's lots and lots of online resources to learn these applications better.

Just interested in getting the knowledge, so it can be put on a CV and help job hunting.

Do your online tutorials require you to have your own programs? My laptop has 2007 versions of Microsoft Office and Excel. I presume there are more up to date versions of them out there. Would not having them be a problem?

Advertisement