Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donate old bedding?

Options
  • 03-09-2014 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm planning a bit of a clear out at home and am wondering whether there are any animal charities in Kildare that accept donations of old bedding?

I've duvets & blankets that are a bit shabby but would be fine for animal bedding.

If there aren't any such charities is there any textile recycling facility or should I just chuck them in the bin?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

The kildare animal foundation except bedding. You can find them on facebook or give them a ring on 045-522 929 / 087 9311827. Ring before going cause they only allow people call at certain times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

The DSPCA are always looking for bedding as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

First off do you have neighbours that have dogs, mine was always happy to ake old bedding off me, especially heading into the winter,

Its always nice To recycle old bedding, my mechanic takes old sheets and dog eared pillowcases for oil rags too,

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    First off do you have neighbours that have dogs, mine was always happy to ake old bedding off me, especially heading into the winter,

Its always nice To recycle old bedding, my mechanic takes old sheets and dog eared pillowcases for oil rags too,

I live in an apartment block. I've seen one or two people with small dogs but
    I'm not sure they need any bedding, I can mention it if I see them.

Good tip re the mechanic too

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Check on http://www.crni.ie/ and they'll have a list of places you can donate to.

They've actually an app now that will find your nearest centre:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ammeon.crni

There's an iPhone one knocking around somewhere as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement