Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Direct Debits on ROI Current Account?

Options
  • 03-09-2014 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi,

Can I buy services from companies in the UK and have them do direct debits on my Bank of Ireland Current Account that is registered in ROI?
    Is this covered under SEPA?

If not possible, can I get a second current account with Bank of Ireland for GBP?
    Or alternatively, can I get some sort of hybrid account type for both Euro and GBP?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi Matthijs,

Thank you for contacting us here on boards.ie

It is possible for a direct debit to be set up with a UK company however, payments may only be processed from an account in the same currency.

It is certainly possible to open a second Sterling GB account with us however, to open this type of account you will need to contact any of our branches in Northern Ireland. Details of our NI branches can be located here:

A representative there will be more than happy to walk you through this process and supply you with all the relevant information required.

We hope this clarifies this for you, should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Paula C

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Matthijs

Thanks Paula.

However, since it will be a GB account, will BOI NI not require me to have a residential address in NI or GB?
    Can you verify this for me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi Matthijs.

It is not necessary for you to have an address in NI or GB to open a sterling account with us however, you will need to visit a branch within that jurisdiction to complete the process.

For information on our sterling accounts, please see here.

If we can assist you with anything further, please let us know.
    Laura

Advertisement