Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying off a term loan account early

Options
  • 03-09-2014 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I have a motor loan with you guys with just over €1,100 left. Repayments are €83 a fortnight and I've never missed one but have a bit of extra cash and would like to clear the loan, which I see I can do via Banking365. Are there any repercussions for doing so? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Hi, I have a motor loan with you guys with just over €1,100 left. Repayments are €83 a fortnight and I've never missed one but have a bit of extra cash and would like to clear the loan, which I see I can do via Banking365. Are there any repercussions for doing so? 

I think there are penalties for paying loans early. They wont be able to tell you here so it's best to call them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi super_furry,

Thank you for your query,

To discuss the terms and conditions associated with your specific Motor Loan, please contact the Lending Advisor in your account holding branch or alternatively please contact our Lending Team on 1890 365100.

A representative through either of the above channels will be more than happy to advise you of your closing balance and if any penalties would be incurred.

We hope this is of benefit to you, if you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Paula C

Advertisement