Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contactless Transactions query

Options
  • 03-09-2014 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Dear BOI, I received my Fee Notification Stattement dated 28 Aug 2014.  It doesn't list any of my contactless transactions - I had a number of them betwwen May and August.  I understand these transactions are currently free but I wanted to make sure they were not included in my "ATM/Debit Card" transactions which were charged at 20c each.  I telephoned Banking 365 and your representative indicated that contactless transactions were charged wef 18 August 2014. However, the reverse of the Statement states the following: "Free Contactless payments until 24 November 2014".  Therefore your call centre is providing misleading information.

What I want to asceratin is: 
    Are contactless payments listed on the Statement at all? 
    When will BOI start charging for them?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Dear BOI, I received my Fee Notification Stattement dated 28 Aug 2014.  It doesn't list any of my contactless transactions - I had a number of them betwwen May and August.  I understand these transactions are currently free but I wanted to make sure they were not included in my "ATM/Debit Card" transactions which were charged at 20c each.  I telephoned Banking 365 and your representative indicated that contactless transactions were charged wef 18 August 2014. However, the reverse of the Statement states the following: "Free Contactless payments until 24 November 2014".  Therefore your call centre is providing misleading information.

What I want to asceratin is: 
    Are contactless payments listed on the Statement at all? 
    When will BOI start charging for them?

Many thanks.
    Hi angel eyes 2012,

Thanks for getting in touch on Boards.

Contactless payments are free until November 24th 2014. Initially the date was to be the 18th of August but this has since changed.

These transactions are not displayed on your fee notification statement as you are currently not charged for these transactions.

Please see this link here for information on fees and charges.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Nicola

Advertisement