Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is mepps any good

Options
  • 03-09-2014 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

I am think of using a mepps aglia for brown trout sometime this week. Is it really as good as it says it is. What setup do I need for it as I never used spinners in my life until now. How do we catch a fish on them like what speed do I reel in at. Are they better than a bubble and worm. Is it worth getting. Would it catch me decent sized browns as browns are cherry iffy to catch I am wondering would a mepps make it a bit easier. Because I was reading that mepps catch fish even if they're not feeding as it is an I ticker not an imitator. Which one do u suggest feathered or unfeathered. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭zombiekiller

I had a similar question a while back and I think Dan brosbans response caught me my first brownie and the biggest i have seen to date. Don't be afraid to private msg him as he is a top bloke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

i have used mepps before for trout, there good size 1 or 2, but with trout sometimes if there taking flies they wont take anything else!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Seller159

Meps size 1 and 2 have always caught me trout brown or rainbow Evan got sea trout on them so it's wort a try when fishing for them :) they really are great and one of in not the best spinners out there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

They are the best spinners IMO. Action is great on them and the casting doesn't get caught up in line or itself unlike the likes of Shakespeare.
    But at 3-3.50€ a pop they're not to be lost either which happens on smalls rivers or trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

Best mepps around is the size 2, silver with black dotts....

Deadly for sea trout, only poblem is mepps don't make them anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Olwas2014

danbrosnan wrote: »
    Best mepps around is the size 2, silver with black dotts....

Deadly for sea trout, only poblem is mepps don't make them anymore

Thanks for your repliesðŸ˜႒

Advertisement