Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeowner not responding to calls

Options
  • 03-09-2014 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭

We rented our house from an agent who was managing the house on behalf of the bank who had repossessed. All was going great until we heard from a third party that the agent was no longer managing it.

We contacted the agent who told us that the homeowner had re engaged with the banks & was now our landlord. We signed a lease with the agent for one year, due to expire on Feb 27th 2015.

The agent advised that all rent to be paid to the homeowner from Aug on. On Sat Aug 23rd the homeowner called to the house (unannounced) but we were literally running out the door to our daughters 3rd birthday party. We gave him my husbands phone number to call us to arrange a meeting.

He called on the Monday but my husband missed the call & returned the call several times only for them all to go to voicemail.

I called from work last week & he said he would call in on Sunday morn last to meet us. He didn't show up. My husband called him Monday & once again got vmail.

Our rent for Sept was due to be paid on Aug 28th but we have no where to pay it!! The agent said he doesn't want it.as it's nothing to do with him anymore. We can't get a reply from homeowner.

Has anyone been here before? Advice needed!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

You are doing all you can to contact the landlord to arrange payment of the rent.

Perhaps send him an SMS or email requesting his bank details.

If he still doesn't contact you just hang onto the rent until he comes looking for it

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Our rent for Sept was due to be paid on Aug 28th but we have no where to pay it!! The agent said he doesn't want it.as it's nothing to do with him anymore. We can't get a reply from homeowner.
    Find out the address of the homeowner from the ex-EA?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Put it away safe! I.e. don't spend it. They'll get in touch with you soon I'd imagine once they realise they didn't get rent from you or agent...

Send them a text?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

We have text & rang him several times but no reply at all. The agent has no contact details for him as he only ever dealt with the bank.

According to our neighbors the repossession came about after the previous tenants stopped paying rent. It took 6mths & a lot of hassle ending in Garda intervention to get them out.

As landlords ourselves (own home is rented out as we relocated for work), I don't understand how/why he isn't in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Samsgirl wrote: »
    As landlords ourselves (own home is rented out as we relocated for work), I don't understand how/why he isn't in touch.
    Maybe the landlord is unwell or there are other issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Victor wrote: »
    Maybe the landlord is unwell or there are other issues.
    Yup. Death in family etc. who knows. Could be any number of reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

the_syco wrote: »

not allowed for data protection reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

the_syco wrote: »

The way to do this is to write a letter, put a stamp on it and give it to the estate agent, so they can put the address on it and post it.

Advertisement