Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<CONSOLE REPAIR>

Options
  • 03-09-2014 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Hi all,

Not sure what to do here, this bloke has just disappeared into thin air. Was repairing an Xbox slim for me and modding 2 x 360s for a friend of mine.

Cannot get in touch. No texts. No emails.

Its looking like a trip to Gards at this stage...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Moved from Xbox as this is a consumer issue, not an Xbox issue. Consumer Issues forum charter now applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have you called around to the premises?

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

Yes nothing there, gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭gnarbarian

It seems as though this has happened before with him disappearing, when I read your post I googled <CONSOLE REPAIR> because I never heard of them before and the first few links I found were boards.ie links to people complaining about the same thing as yourself going back as far as 2011...
    Good luck and I hope you can track them down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Keep an eye out on places like donedeal and adverts - pay particular attention to recent postings and users selling more than one console.

• Advertisement

Is this a Garda matter now or would they have no interest?

I'm not overly upset but my mate is absolutely raging, his kids Xbox 360 vanishing is not nice.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Is this a Garda matter now or would they have no interest?

I'm not overly upset but my mate is absolutely raging, his kids Xbox 360 vanishing is not nice.

Its unlikely to be a matter for the Gardai,
    Likely the business went under, or atleast that will be the reason.

It wouldn't be a criminal matter unless you prove otherwise,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Cabaal wrote: »
    Likely the business went under, or atleast that will be the reason.

Thats no reason not to return somebody elses property. Its not the businesses asset to liquidate.

Very different to not returning say stock from their wholesalers which was not paid for. Very different.

Its about 400 euros of Xboxs that have vanished. He must have put them somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Yes nothing there, gone!

If he was working out of a premises that's clearly unused and vacated you could ask around, find out who the landlord or letting agent is and ask them. ask some of the neighbours if they know his whereabouts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

It might be worth reporting it to the guards. If he's just gone then it could be theft, it's worth trying to find out whether it was ever a legitimate business. Good advice above.

Thanks everyone..

Its a bit low, the last I heard from him (after he went out of contact for about 3 months) was that he would return the xboxs. Then just vanished.

I'll keep you posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

you could check cro.ie for the registered name of the business. It should also give the address. With luck he'll be registered to his home address.

Advertisement