Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unlocking of iphone5

Options
  • 03-09-2014 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I'm a bill pay eMobile customer and I finished my contract in June this year. I would like to unlock my Apple iphone 5. I called customer service twice for the last couple of months, after taking IMEI number I was told that Apple would send unlocking code in next 10 working days. But I did not get any communication from Apple. I tried opening ticket 2 times with eMobile customer support, but no help so far (for the last 2 months)
    Just wondering is it possible to contact Apple directly or any suggestions?

Thanks
    Hanu

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You don't get communication from Apple. You sync your phone with iTunes and it tells you that it has been unlocked. Not sure if there is a time limit for this to happen. It can take up to 10 days for the unlock to come through from Apple. No, you can't contact Apple directly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

gongura wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm a bill pay eMobile customer and I finished my contract in June this year. I would like to unlock my Apple iphone 5. I called customer service twice for the last couple of months, after taking IMEI number I was told that Apple would send unlocking code in next 10 working days. But I did not get any communication from Apple. I tried opening ticket 2 times with eMobile customer support, but no help so far (for the last 2 months)
    Just wondering is it possible to contact Apple directly or any suggestions?

Thanks
    Hanu
    Hi gongura

The best advice I can offer in requesting the unlocking code is to contact emobile care on 1800690000. In some cases apple then arrange the code to be sent but there may be a proceedure when there is delays with this.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement