Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Copa Mundial

First match of the Spanish cup I went down 4-0 in the first half, brought it back to 4-4 with Tello getting a header off the post and in on the 90th, only to lose on penalties. Rage enducing stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

Upgraded to an Xbox one today, tried to play Fifa before work- wouldn't connect to servers. Same again after work, called ea support and was on the phone for over 3 hours with no luck! They even signed in with my gamertag on a console in America and it worked there. But won't work here!

• Administrators Posts: 53,951 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Liamalone wrote: »
    Played a few games tonight and came up against lots of AllStar teams and found it to be a pile of kack, guys just using extreme pace as in Reus, Aguero and some dude Ronaldo, did fairly well still and just fell short of the division 1 title but every game felt like punishment and didn't enjoy them.
    Switched to seasons for the first time in about six months and what a difference, proper realistic-ish games that I enjoyed despite getting more defeats than wins. UT is not proper Fifa, I can't see myself going back to it tbh.

I did the same.

I got to div 1 but my team was fairly average (most expensive player I bought was about 25k for midfield Rooney). The game is no craic when every match you are paired against people with teams that cost millions.

Went back to seasons, way more fun.

awec wrote: »
    I did the same.

I got to div 1 but my team was fairly average (most expensive player I bought was about 25k for midfield Rooney). The game is no craic when every match you are paired against people with teams that cost millions.

Went back to seasons, way more fun.

That said, Seasons has problems too. You play Barcelona and Real Madrid all the time, it can get a bit dull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Liamalone wrote: »
    Played a few games tonight and came up against lots of AllStar teams and found it to be a pile of kack, guys just using extreme pace as in Reus, Aguero and some dude Ronaldo, did fairly well still and just fell short of the division 1 title but every game felt like punishment and didn't enjoy them.
    Switched to seasons for the first time in about six months and what a difference, proper realistic-ish games that I enjoyed despite getting more defeats than wins. UT is not proper Fifa, I can't see myself going back to it tbh.

Agree with this and I'm fairness I think it was always different to seasons. I just feel the game play on seasons has developed but ut seems stuck in fifa 12. Pace is still overpowered and the only way to have a bit of craic is to play with a sweaty team. I've won division one but just bored of the scripting

• Advertisement

That said, Seasons has problems too. You play Barcelona and Real Madrid all the time, it can get a bit dull.

Pick a 4 star team you'll have way more fun and get paired with other 4 star teams. Less predictable

• Registered Users Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭Liamalone

duffman13 wrote: »
    Pick a 4 star team you'll have way more fun and get paired with other 4 star teams. Less predictable

Agreed, I just play as Everton on seasons and get a good variety of teams :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Just sitting here, waiting for my IF Pogba to sell...

1268453211722.jpg

99 contracts, +10 all stats....weeks later, and he just.won't.sell. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Havent played UT in about a month and I dont miss it tbh. I go to it alrite just to check out the new totw. Just been playin career and the odd bit of seasons, really getting sick of playing real madrid tho

See, there's two things I like to do...

1. Build my own team.
    2. Play against actual people, as opposed to AI.

Career and Seasons offer one of each, but FUT offers both, so it's got me addicted, despite hating it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Lord TSC wrote: »
    See, there's two things I like to do...

1. Build my own team.
    2. Play against actual people, as opposed to AI.

Career and Seasons offer one of each, but FUT offers both, so it's got me addicted, despite hating it :(

Ya I agree but its very frustrating tbh. Getting beat by bad team even tho you dominate the game, always happening me ha. None of my player will sell now either and I cant get IF hazard so im pissed off

duffman13 wrote: »

Yea, but it'd be nice to play Juventus v Bayern or something for example, but just too often you get paired with one half of the el classico.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Yea, but it'd be nice to play Juventus v Bayern or something for example, but just too often you get paired with one half of the el classico.

You can't really blame people who want to play with the best team. Winning is what matters to most people. Personally i'm on the 4star team side of the fence myself. Sporting are a blast.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    You can't really blame people who want to play with the best team. Winning is what matters to most people. Personally i'm on the 4star team side of the fence myself. Sporting are a blast.

Generally, whenever I go seasons, I choose Real. Yeah, they are OP, that's why I play seasons; to just beat the **** out of another team using Ronaldo :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

You don't need to rely on Real to win/smash other teams. Being an Arsenal supporter, I use them most of the time and I still win most games. Won the division 1 title 4 or 5 times now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,674 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

My only issue with being Arsenal is that 99% of the games are against PSG who have a team full of players ridiculously suited to Fifa (though Arsenal's aren't far off). If I'm going 5 star I use Bayern, tend to have no issues beating the Spanish 2 with them. Brazil are useful too, incredible defence + Neymar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

AdamD wrote: »
    My only issue with being Arsenal is that 99% of the games are against PSG who have a team full of players ridiculously suited to Fifa (though Arsenal's aren't far off). If I'm going 5 star I use Bayern, tend to have no issues beating the Spanish 2 with them. Brazil are useful too, incredible defence + Neymar.

Yeah I get matched up with PSG and Chelsea quite a bit. Also Real and Barca the odd time.

But I find the Koscielny and Gabriel partnership quite good. Have no problem defending against those teams. Then Ozil and Alexis on the other end of the pitch are just amazing. Ozil in particular, he gets assists/goals in almost every game. Wish he was just as amazing in real life :p

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Copa Mundial

Just won the Spanish squad cup, delighted! Got Cech and Alexis Sanchez in the pack, which are sadly untradeable... :(

Just won the Spanish squad cup, delighted! Got Cech and Alexis Sanchez in the pack, which are sadly untradeable... :(

I got to the finals once on my second try, and now can't get past the second round :mad:

Anyone reckon Messi and Ronaldo will drop significantly more? As in to half their current value? I've put the game to one side for the moment with 1.3m in the bank, enough to buy Messi and have change, and nearly enough to grab Ronaldo. Am wondering if I just leave the coins sitting for a few weeks, could I grab them both :P

EDIT: POGBA FINALLY SOLD! That's 1.5m now then. Going to offload Lacazette, Griezmann and Benatia now too for another 400k or so. Worst comes to worst, I can buy them back for a lower price in a few weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Anyone tried SIF Aubameyang as ST? Might sell Suarez to pick him up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Anyone tried SIF Aubameyang as ST? Might sell Suarez to pick him up.

If you like playing with a Doumbia style striker he's obv amazing. For me he felt clunky while dribbling and i prefer a guy up there who's more fluid in his basic skill moves (like Suarez). Personally Suarez > Aub and its not close.

Real lack of striker i love in the bundes. Initially i enjoyed Muller SIF but his 3 star skills and high def workrate just make him awkward imo.

It's a bit dull though.

I mean, can people really get satisfaction in beating other players with the best two teams in the game?

It's a bit dull though.

I mean, can people really get satisfaction in beating other players with the best two teams in the game?

I agree and if people want to play as Real, Bayern or Barca they can't be shocked or anjoyed when they are matched up with against any of those teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

If you like playing with a Doumbia style striker he's obv amazing. For me he felt clunky while dribbling and i prefer a guy up there who's more fluid in his basic skill moves (like Suarez). Personally Suarez > Aub and its not close.

Real lack of striker i love in the bundes. Initially i enjoyed Muller SIF but his 3 star skills and high def workrate just make him awkward imo.

I was playing seasons a fair bit with Dortmund and Auba up front with Reus behind. Was thinking of replicating it in UT cos it worked so well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

who's the best player people got in their 35k packs??? Mine were all gobs****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Not sure if this is the right thread but does anyone fancy an online fut game on the ps3? My username is justjake123

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

who's the best player people got in their 35k packs??? Mine were all gobs****

Spent over 500K on coins, guess which nice player I got :p?? nobody :mad:, all rubbish players :(.

Messi down to 900k. Ronaldo down to 1.1m. 200k needed to nab both :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,192 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Messi down to 900k. Ronaldo down to 1.1m. 200k needed to nab both :pac:

Got excited and then I checked Futhead.

Xbox. Bah!

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Got excited and then I checked Futhead.

Xbox. Bah!