Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 15

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I always hate the "The only way to have coins is to buy them" mentality.

Before price bands, and when the web app was working, it became very easy to trade if you knew how. At one stage, I had about 4.5m coins. It wasn't hard once you got the hang of it. Started trading Joe Harts and David De Geas. Then managed to buy a load of Sturridges. Did some +10 cards (which was great when people were putting glitched onces on the market at 250 coins; bought 100 of them, threw them back up at 1000 coins and sold within 2 weeks). Pre-Price Bands then, it was just a case of buying ten of the same IF card, doubling their price and throwing them back on the market. I made a fortune on IF De Gea, buying for 70-80k, selling them for 110-120k.

With the web app gone, and as the player base winds down, I really can't be bothered to do it as much now, but I think it's probably still possible. Just have to realise that there's a lot of people don't bother checking past page 1 on the transfer market, so if you can control the entire first page once an hour, you're likely to be able to sell at an inflated price :)

I used to use that IF method as well before price ranges. It was my favourite thing about UT and was so easy to do especially with the web/companion app. Now trading is still possible but it is difficult to find the right ones due to the prices EA set on some players. Either the players are extinct or at min buy now. Despite that I have still been able to trade 2 mil plus since price range but it takes more effort now as before all you had to do was buy 1 or two IFs, put them up for one hour, a couple will have sold, restock and relist.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

Dybala's silver TOTS has 92 PAC, 88 DRI , 80 SHO and 73 PAS. Yet his range is 80-100K Ps/ 75-95K xbox. Madness!

R00ster wrote: »
    Dybala's silver TOTS has 92 PAC, 88 DRI , 80 SHO and 73 PAS. Yet his range is 80-100K Ps/ 75-95K xbox. Madness!

Unreal stats. Haven't been able to get online but i'm not even going to ask whether he is extinct or not. Seriously who the hell comes up with these price ranges. If they just set it right every time then they wouldn't have to do price range updates as frequent as they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Getting non rare silvers in a 15k pack is taking the piss.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Despite that I have still been able to trade 2 mil plus since price range but it takes more effort now as before all you had to do was buy 1 or two IFs, put them up for one hour, a couple will have sold, restock and relist.

I know I probably could keep trading but they've made if far harder and I just don't think I can be bothered. Have pretty much all the standard cards I want at this stage though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

My god Ibra is a absolute beast at CAM. He wasn't doing it for me at ST so changed him up, and has gotten 12 goals in 6 games.

Anyone who has him, I would strongly recommend making the positional switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I always hate the "The only way to have coins is to buy them" mentality.

Before price bands, and when the web app was working, it became very easy to trade if you knew how. At one stage, I had about 4.5m coins. It wasn't hard once you got the hang of it. Started trading Joe Harts and David De Geas. Then managed to buy a load of Sturridges. Did some +10 cards (which was great when people were putting glitched onces on the market at 250 coins; bought 100 of them, threw them back up at 1000 coins and sold within 2 weeks). Pre-Price Bands then, it was just a case of buying ten of the same IF card, doubling their price and throwing them back on the market. I made a fortune on IF De Gea, buying for 70-80k, selling them for 110-120k.

With the web app gone, and as the player base winds down, I really can't be bothered to do it as much now, but I think it's probably still possible. Just have to realise that there's a lot of people don't bother checking past page 1 on the transfer market, so if you can control the entire first page once an hour, you're likely to be able to sell at an inflated price :)

I always struggled. Maybe I should've come on to boards for tips :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

daRobot wrote: »
    My god Ibra is a absolute beast at CAM. He wasn't doing it for me at ST so changed him up, and has gotten 12 goals in 6 games.

Anyone who has him, I would strongly recommend making the positional switch.

what kind of squad are you using him in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

what kind of squad are you using him in?

Ligue 1 squad with 4-3-3 (4)

Lavezzi - SIF Lacazette - Lucas

Ibra

IF Grenier Matuidi

Bedimo - IF Luiz - T.Silva - Aurier

IF Ruffier

Lavezzi is just ok, so I sub on Reus. Same with Grenier so I put on SIF De Bruyne.

Nice team to play with. Would like SIF Matuidi but not worth the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Opened a few packs yesterday on web app. Got nothing in 4 packs and just closed it without assigning players. Said I'd log on and see if my luck has changed. I noticed there was 25 items in my unassigned pile. But there's 24 items in a 15k pack. Enter TOTY Thiago Silva

zc5OD.jpg

• Advertisement

Opened a few packs yesterday on web app. Got nothing in 4 packs and just closed it without assigning players. Said I'd log on and see if my luck has changed. I noticed there was 25 items in my unassigned pile. But there's 24 items in a 15k pack. Enter TOTY Thiago Silva

Wow man, quite some pack luck there. Does the TOTY go for much more than his IF card this week???

I absolutely hate tournaments. Haven't won any since I started ultimate team (FIFA 11). I don't know why either..just there managed to win the first 2 grand, then come up against a sweaty BPL with a rainy stadium and it ended 5-4. Remy scoring 4 and Sturridge with 1 against me... My players felt really sluggish too, and I've Reus, Bale and Ramos(ST).

Wow man, quite some pack luck there. Does the TOTY go for much more than his IF card this week???

Twice as much, but same as his IF he ain't selling. 6 pages of him at his min bin, might just enjoy him for a few days and then stick some attributes on him

I absolutely hate tournaments. Haven't won any since I started ultimate team (FIFA 11). I don't know why either..just there managed to win the first 2 grand, then come up against a sweaty BPL with a rainy stadium and it ended 5-4. Remy scoring 4 and Sturridge with 1 against me... My players felt really sluggish too, and I've Reus, Bale and Ramos(ST).

I tend to avoid the cups, simply because the payouts aren't worth it unless you manage to win. At least with the league, you get that nice bonus at the end which is often the same as winning a cup outright, but if you get a **** game in a cup, then the prize vanishes.

I tend to avoid the cups, simply because the payouts aren't worth it unless you manage to win. At least with the league, you get that nice bonus at the end which is often the same as winning a cup outright, but if you get a **** game in a cup, then the prize vanishes.

True that. I've resorted to the bronze community one, doing offline atm then might chance it at online. Built a cheap Aussie league/K-League pace them and it's doing the job at the moment. Cups also give more coins per game..got like 800 coins in most

3-4 times repeating the offline bronze tourney final against Madrid and I finally beat them. Open the rare players pack and get TOTS Nolito :D not bad for a squad that cost me less than the tournament reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I bought around six packs tonight.

In the first two I got two TOTS - Meier and Marchisio!

Then I got Roberto.

I've never packed a TOTS before. What is going on?

70spO8a.gif

Someone is listing +4 injury cards for 400 coins at the moment. Easy flips cause you can grab a load, up them to 1k and sell easily. Might all be gone now though. Nabbed 20 so far....

Someone is listing +4 injury cards for 400 coins at the moment. Easy flips cause you can grab a load, up them to 1k and sell easily. Might all be gone now though. Nabbed 20 so far....

I've made a mini fortune on injury cards. Some people will list 20/30 of them at once starting at 150 and if it's an awkward time like 3am you'll have no competition at all, wait til friday night to list them and make serious dough

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Ive tryed this twitch thing . Streaming now if anyone fancys a game

http://www.twitch.tv/bohsmurphy

• Advertisement

Is anyone else struggling to even get on UT since TOTS has come out. PS user here

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Copa Mundial

Got to the final of the online gold cup, could've won the rare players pack and 7k, instead I took a 5-1 hammering :( fell apart!

Tip for anyone doing the offline cups: If you're losing the game, you can just quit Fifa and when you go back you will be at the same stage you were already at

Tip for anyone doing the offline cups: If you're losing the game, you can just quit Fifa and when you go back you will be at the same stage you were already at

I did that for the bronze community one! Ended up doing it about 4 times before finally beating Real Madrid on penalties

Slight tip; if you conceed a free kick, be careful putting a man on a post to block a shot; it plays everyone else onside meaning an attacker can stand just behind the wall, have a short pass sent his way and a nice tap in for a goal :P

Just won the Bronze Community Online trophy with that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Slight tip; if you conceed a free kick, be careful putting a man on a post to block a shot; it plays everyone else onside meaning an attacker can stand just behind the wall, have a short pass sent his way and a nice tap in for a goal :P

The amount of goals I've scored against folk online by doing this is comical :)

Never thought of it that way! Always try and do a quick free kick when people do that :P

Nepenthez had a video up a few days back about a glitch to do with never losing a game in FUT, been removed since.

Basically once the whistle goes at the end of the game, but before it automatically brings you to the menu, pause the game and forfeit the match. You will go back the fifa main menu, go back into fut, and it'll be like you never played the game. You will lose contracts though

Works online too, so real handy in the later stages of tournaments and when you need to win to not be relegated in seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Nepenthez had a video up a few days back about a glitch to do with never losing a game in FUT, been removed since.

Basically once the whistle goes at the end of the game, but before it automatically brings you to the menu, pause the game and forfeit the match. You will go back the fifa main menu, go back into fut, and it'll be like you never played the game. You will lose contracts though

Works online too, so real handy in the later stages of tournaments and when you need to win to not be relegated in seasons.

Saw that video myself on Friday. Was shocked it worked. Was debating about putting it up as I'm sure some people might have issue with it as its cheating the system. I've it a few times now to win the cup As some matches you just feel it's fifa bulls**t that you lost.
    Wonder why he took the video down.

There's also a new price range update. I have lost sum amount of money on bale and robbed. Bought them for 700k and 550k. There not even selling there minimum now which is 265k and 230k. Must check the rest.

Neymar is now 95k(86) 115k (87)
    Ronaldo is now 3.7mil
    Messi 2.8mill
    yaya toure 65k

Ps4 prices btw

• Advertisement

Ah ****..seriously?! I should've sold Bale when I was still in the green..he was going for like 500-600k before this update, right? (Ps4 btw).

And with that Nepenthez method, do you lose DNF?

Advertisement