Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

That's why I never open packs :pac: I got TOTS Nolito, Schweinsteiger and Casillas all from free packs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

That's why I never open packs :pac: I got TOTS Nolito, Schweinsteiger and Casillas all from free packs!

For free packs that is very good mate!!! You should open a couple 15k packs and let us know who you pulled

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Got TOTS Schneiderlin a few days ago and I still can't sell him, along with the rest of the market.

Rows upon rows of blue Schneiderlin cards all at the minimum buy now of 296k but no-one is buying him, understandably as he's worth 100-120k at most.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Despite saying I was taking a break, have tried doing that cup.

Can get so far until I hit the Walcott/Bolaise pace abusers and then that's game over :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Despite saying I was taking a break, have tried doing that cup.

Can get so far until I hit the Walcott/Bolaise pace abusers and then that's game over :(

The BPL Cup is honestly the hardest cup I have ever played. So much different teams but all of them have one thing in common and that is pace abuse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Got to the final on first attempt last night. Though it took 4 finals to actually win the bloody thing. Played some serious squads. Met tots Sanchez 3 times. He is seriously beastly. Also came against if Walcott. Your man was useless with him. Quick tho. 1
    This the squad I used. lGBOFNn.jpg

On another note have ya seen how cheap tots fonte is on Ps4. For 30k I may buy em

Tried BPL cup for the first time. Made it to the semi-finals and came up against a guy with the full BPL TOTS minus Hazard and the other CB. Got absolutely pounded 3-0 in the first half..TOTS Costa is unstoppable. Managed to contain him at 3-0..
    My team was:
    Aguero-Costa
    Yaya
    IF Bolasie-Walcott
    Sandro
    Clichy-Komp-Mangala-Coleman
    Begovic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭baldshin

Lost BPL Cup final in extra time (classic pacey teams all the way against me). But I still got the 7000 coins and rare players pack. Opened it, got Iniesta, Muller and a few decent players. Ten minutes later, they've all disappeared from my club!

Trying to get ST Walcott and TOTS Dybala... Literally impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

What makes Dybala's price range of 80-100k all the more daft is that his normal card is 41-60k!

• Advertisement

R00ster wrote: »
    What makes Dybala's price range of 80-100k all the more daft is that his normal card is 41-60k!

I wish EA would just release a couple pages of him onto the market :pac: he's like 40k for TOTS on xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Ultimate Team is good craic, building your own team is a bit of fun - I don't really do this with any endeavour but I roll with it to a certain extent.

At the top end of UT it boils down to this... it's a way of letting those who are fairly ****e at the game think that they are good at the game!

It does this by letting them gain, via cash purchases, or insane amounts of their time 'trading', teams that are above and beyond the norm and thereby gaining an advantage over the majority.

UT is a cash cow for EA and the lesser players, ability wise, feed this cow, whether it be with their time or their hard earned cash.

On top of this everyone knows UT is biased/glitched to the high heavens but they continue to play because it's 'their team' that they made.

My reason for spurting the above waffle? Apart from the lack of sleep, it is my total disdain for what Fifa has become through 'Ultimate Team', it's a joke of a game mode designed for players more interested in flipping 'cards' or paying extra cash and it doesn't reward the better player for the majority of the time.

Case in point, I used a 'technique' in Ultimate Team that invariably got me a goal each time - it just doesn't work in 'seasons', why? If you've read this far then you know.

Ultimate Team isn't Fifa

Edit : Play 'Seasons' and enjoy the real game.

If you enjoy seasons over FUT, bully for you. But looking down your nose at those of us who enjoy the trading, the building our own teams and the other aspects of FUT is snobbery.

I think it's rather condescending to tell anyone what the "real" game is in any game that someone forks out money for. Ultimately, the "real" game is the one that people get the most enjoyment out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

I somewhat agree with some of what you said but still play the ultimate team sometimes. Why? Cause it's a bit of fun and different from seasons. it can be scripted but if your good and patient you can beat the script by playing possession based football. I'm probably never gonna have a great team as I don't have the patience/money to invest but I wouldn't look down my nose at someone who does.

Condescending, snobbery, call it what you wish my point still stands, UT is a cash cow and is tailored to that effect. I suppose it likens itself to modern day FIFA, corrupt to the core.

Oh, its definitely a cash cow and a money grab. Same as any "Free" to play game nowadays on mobiles or whatever.

But if people enjoy playing, thats what matters, and trying to make people feel bad cause they enjoy the game differently to you isn't fair at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

TOTS Matic who is rated 88 sells for 150k and Schneiderlin who is rated 85 sells (or doesn't sell) for 300k.

Where's the sense in that?

It's just my opinion, no intent to 'hurt' folk, it's only a game after all as said. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

J. Marston wrote: »
    TOTS Matic who is rated 88 sells for 150k and Schneiderlin who is rated 85 sells (or doesn't sell) for 300k.

Where's the sense in that?

Beyond all else, I hope they remove min limits for the next game. I can understand max caps, but the min ones are idiotic and killing the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Had an itch to open some packs this morning and **** am I glad I did!

Everything bar Aubameyang (been on the trade pile for ages) packed. Easily my best pack session ever. Over the moon with ST Walcott :D

lUulk4y.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Liamalone wrote: »
    Ultimate Team is good craic, building your own team is a bit of fun - I don't really do this with any endeavour but I roll with it to a certain extent.

At the top end of UT it boils down to this... it's a way of letting those who are fairly ****e at the game think that they are good at the game!

It does this by letting them gain, via cash purchases, or insane amounts of their time 'trading', teams that are above and beyond the norm and thereby gaining an advantage over the majority.

UT is a cash cow for EA and the lesser players, ability wise, feed this cow, whether it be with their time or their hard earned cash.

On top of this everyone knows UT is biased/glitched to the high heavens but they continue to play because it's 'their team' that they made.

My reason for spurting the above waffle? Apart from the lack of sleep, it is my total disdain for what Fifa has become through 'Ultimate Team', it's a joke of a game mode designed for players more interested in flipping 'cards' or paying extra cash and it doesn't reward the better player for the majority of the time.

Case in point, I used a 'technique' in Ultimate Team that invariably got me a goal each time - it just doesn't work in 'seasons', why? If you've read this far then you know.

Ultimate Team isn't Fifa

Edit : Play 'Seasons' and enjoy the real game.

I hear... waaa waa waa there tbh. Some people enjoy the MMO style grinding of trading. Its the fifa equivalent of having a pokemon style game in it. It appeals to people because collecting is a natural instinct in people. I really don't see the point of posting this in a FUT thread apart from to have a dig at people.

This who play season and enjoy the "real" game rubbish is so pathetic. As if you get to decide what the "real" fifa is. Personally i still think the gameplay in fifa 12 is the best its ever been, does that mean thats the only "real" fifa?

I enjoy Ultimate team and i enjoy building different teams and I also enjoy the collecting aspect. For you to tell me that its not "the game" is so patronising and to insinuate that good players don't win more at FUT is also pathetic. Look at the top level youtubers and see their win records. Often done during Road to Glory style series where they're playing with sub optimal teams. But yeah... its pay to win. which is why most peoples biggest fear is that ludicrously expensive front 3 of Ibarbo, Doumbia and Gervinho.

And its not like seasons is any better. In seasons mode if you play 5 stars its all Real all the time. At 4.5stars its Arsenal and Roma all the time... what do those teams have in common? Pace... its the same for all modes.

As for scripting a quick glance at the results thread in the boards league will show you that people think its alive and well in online games too.

You play "real" fifa. Me, i'll play every mode that I enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

fl_zpsn9rfprmu.png?t=1432899269

Just won the cup with this team. Jerome is a beast. I was hoping to grab one of the sick strikers in the Toty but no joy. Still Jerome did the job for me. And McClean is defo one of the better silver wingers you can use in it.

one thing i did notice was that Freeman (the cm) is a lm in almost every other card i found. Futhead says he's a cm... literally can't find another copy of him at cam or cm on the market. Anyone know the deal?

Freeman_zpseed9lgtt.png?t=1432899281

Finally got IF Walcott!! So good..his dribbling/slalom running is overpowered as hell. Next to get TOTS Dybala, haven't seen any on the market..been searching 2 days on PS4 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Just won the offline bpl cup there. Nothing g more than I hate playing on world class. With there perfect tackles and never getting free kicks. Anyways opened my pack to an untradelabe tots Charlie Austin . Il take that.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Copa Mundial

Recently I've changed over from UT and started a player career, CAM for Luton Town :D

Good bit of fun to change it up a bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Recently I've changed over from UT and started a player career, CAM for Luton Town :D

Good bit of fun to change it up a bit :)

you'll be back, they allllllll come back

won the BPL offline cup today in one go! Had an easy run in, United-Southampton-City-Newcastle(finals). Also decided I cba with hybrids anymore so just created 4 squads for the top 4 leagues :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just won the BPL online cup, nobody good in the pack except a blue 90 rated John Terry, cant put him or any of them up for sale though, so whats the point in having him

Plus i haven't got the 7000 coins for winning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Just won the BPL online cup, nobody good in the pack except a blue 90 rated John Terry, cant put him or any of them up for sale though, so whats the point in having him

Plus i haven't got the 7000 coins for winning it.

No one is buying the lower rated TOTS players. I've have 2 blue Clynes that I've been listing at the minimum and cannot shift them

• Advertisement

I don't mind non-tradeable cards, but then building teams is my favorite part of the game, so I'd happily start throwing him into various teams. :P

I am so ready for Bolaise not to be a thing anymore...though I can imagine the German cup will be full of Aybumuang (or however you spell his name) teams...and the Italian cups will be painful too....

Advertisement