Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I don't know which is worse

A player being extinct, or not being able to sell a player

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

I don't know which is worse

A player being extinct, or not being able to sell a player

Not being able to sell. Harry Kane is just waiting to be bought along with hundreds of identical ones. Price ranges are ruining TOTS aswell

duffman13 wrote: »
    Not being able to sell. Harry Kane is just waiting to be bought along with hundreds of identical ones. Price ranges are ruining TOTS aswell

at their min, I've got 500k worth of players in my trade pile, but in reality it's 200-300k worth of players

I packed Kane, and because he doesn't sell I just decided to use him. Not my kind of striker, 12 goals in 20 games ain't that good for a 90 ig striker. TOTS Bolasie has more from LW in same amount of games

Usually with tots there's a crash. No trouble really in normal pre price range times. But for weeks players were going at their min with people not buying, waiting for TOTS. EA only adjusting prices by 10/20k a week when players weren't selling didn't help. Price ranges need to either be wider, and adjusted more often

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

J. Marston wrote: »
    They upped the prices of the BPL TOTS cards despite none of them selling. Charlie Austin wasn't being bought for 40k yet they bumped him up to 100k, same with Terry who was 60k and is now 190k.

IIRC, they said originally price increases would be based on what prices they were selling at; so, I'm guessing, if the cards that are selling are selling at top range (which they would be given their scarcity), then the prices will go up accordingly.

The whole system is a disaster, but I guess at this stage, they won't be reversing it. I genuinely don't mind max values, they are a decent idea. But the min values have killed the market badly, not even just for traders, but people who want to experiment; I used to build teams as cheap as possible, play a few games and if I didn't like, I knew I could get my money back. Can't do that now, sadly; when you buy a player, you're pretty much stuck with them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I started playing FUT again over the last few days. Won the gold cup and the BPL TOTS cup. Got nothing in the few pack.

Unfortunately I spunked 80K on packs. I didn't realise how valuable 80K is now. I kind of regret it as I got nothing as usual. The best players I remember packing on FIFA 15 so far, is 84 rated Khedira & Nasri. Never packed an IF, hero, TOTS, MOTM card yet. I cry a little bit inside when I see people talking about special cards.

All the players I have now are fairly worthless. I was considering selling my Bundesliga/Serie A teams with Pogba, Reus, Schweinstiger, Lewandowski to try fund a couple of decent players for my BPL team and I'll get the square root of f*ck all for them.

Also, does anybody have the regular version of Di Maria? He's played 14 games for me, and has had 5 leg injuries. In at least 3 other games, he's pulled up during the match with an injury (and then not needed a healing card after the game). He's basically unusable as I have no coins left and spend the earnings from every match, buying healing cards for him.

Trying to pull together 15K now to buy the regular version of Alexis Sanchez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Anyone here found that some formations become less effective as you go up the leagues?

I've been using 3-5-2 religiously since Div10 but now I've gotten to Div2 and can't do anything I'm starting to think that 3-5-2 is less effective against better players. Thinking about going to a 4-1-2-1-2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

x43r0 wrote: »
    Anyone here found that some formations become less effective as you go up the leagues?

I've been using 3-5-2 religiously since Div10 but now I've gotten to Div2 and can't do anything I'm starting to think that 3-5-2 is less effective against better players. Thinking about going to a 4-1-2-1-2

Found the same in previous years with 3-5-2 too, better players seem to drag one of the defenders away making it very tough to defend.

Played against a few 5-at-the-backs recently and it's so easy to get behind the wingbacks with anyone with 80/80 pace/dribbling on the wing...

Yeah, I've pretty much found the same thing. I've all the Online Seasons trophies (bar one) using 3-5-2. It doesn't seem great against the better players in Ultimate team though.

I've had limited enough success with it in the more difficult divisions/cups in FUT. My record is FUT is much worse. I think it's because of the faster game-play, that the counter attacks are so fast that they tend to get 3 vs 3 with my CBs very quickly. Even with my CDMs set to stay back, with decent workrates for those positions and on defensive mentality, they'd still push forward a lot, and my RM and LM would also get drawn onto the attack too.

It just doesn't seem to be as effective with the faster gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

v3ttel wrote: »
    Yeah, I've pretty much found the same thing. I've all the Online Seasons trophies (bar one) using 3-5-2. It doesn't seem great against the better players in Ultimate team though.

I've had limited enough success with it in the more difficult divisions/cups in FUT. My record is FUT is much worse. I think it's because of the faster game-play, that the counter attacks are so fast that they tend to get 3 vs 3 with my CBs very quickly. Even with my CDMs set to stay back, with decent workrates for those positions and on defensive mentality, they'd still push forward a lot, and my RM and LM would also get drawn onto the attack too.

It just doesn't seem to be as effective with the faster gameplay.

I converted to the 433 (3) with the 2 holding dms, gives a bit more protection and you can use the CM as a completely attacking role imo (di Maria working alright for me)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

99 pace Aubameyang...dear lord that Bundesliga TOTS is bloody good.

Dybala's price range increased to 420k. I seem to be spotting at least one Dybala a day now..let's hope this means people are willing to sell now :(

• Advertisement

CGlma2iWoAALHeV.jpg:large

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

99 pace.

Kill me now.

On the upside, I finally seem to have found a formation that lets Ronaldo, Messi and Bale play at their proper potentials. 4-3-2-1 with Ronnie and Bale as inside forwards seems to let the trio go nuts. Any other formation and Ronaldo has been the worlds most expensive penalty taker, but now I've gone from struggling in Div 3 to 6 straight wins in it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

CGlma2iWoAALHeV.jpg:large

I'm surprised Robben got one but sure that's EA. Just sounded 200k on jumbo packs, Handanovic and Joe Hart the two best pulls. Ugh

hots wrote: »
    I converted to the 433 (3) with the 2 holding dms, gives a bit more protection and you can use the CM as a completely attacking role imo (di Maria working alright for me)

I've been trying 5-2-3 and had some success with it. Not the formation I particularly want to use though, but it slows up a lot of fast counter attacks with 97 pace IF Walcott, Sturridge, TOTS attackers, et al. I try to switch to 4-2-2-2 if all my opponents attackers aren't special cards or if they don't all have 90+ pace.

I might try 4-3-3(3). With the way I've changed the 5-2-3 instructions, 4-3-3(3) sounds like it basically gives me a CDM instead of a CB.

Actually, what's everyone's record like in FUT seasons? And how does that compare to regular Online Seasons if you play it? Interested to see if everyone else seems to have more loses in FUT, or if it's just me.

So this worked out a treat. I went for 4-1-2-1-2(2)

http://www.futhead.com/15/squads/33613951/

Matic, Toure and Ramires sweep up loads of possession in midfield and the security of the fullbacks has really helped shore up my traditionally crap defense.

The front 3 speak for themselves :P

Now I'm stuck between TOTS Costa or TOTS De Bruyne :(

Now I'm stuck between TOTS Costa or TOTS De Bruyne :(

TOTS Costa, sure SIF De Bruyne is still a god

Win the online and offline Bundesliga tournaments, ya might get lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

TOTS Costa, sure SIF De Bruyne is still a god

Win the online and offline Bundesliga tournaments, ya might get lucky

Crossing my fingers! De Bruyne/Muller would be godly...or even Boateng/Naldo, arguably the two best CBs in the game atm. Hoping De Bruyne will drop to around 300-400k then I can get both Costa and De Bruyne ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I opened him last week and never used him til this tourney, but SIF Kagawa is a dream. It made me go check out his IG stats on futhead and his agility and balance are the reason i assume. Playing him and TOTS KDB as the outside mids in 4321 (lahm as holdin) and they've both been superb.

Feel like i should buy Aub TOTS to at least try him out but i hated his normal card, felt like he turned like a truck.

• Advertisement

Crossing my fingers! De Bruyne/Muller would be godly...or even Boateng/Naldo, arguably the two best CBs in the game atm. Hoping De Bruyne will drop to around 300-400k then I can get both Costa and De Bruyne ;)

Just seen KDB TOTS card

He's had 4 special cards before this, and that's why it's so godly. But lord god he's just amazing. I'm not a big fan of the ST Aubameyang or Walcott that some people have gone mad for, but I got that card it would be enough forever

Just seen KDB TOTS card

He's had 4 special cards before this, and that's why it's so godly. But lord god he's just amazing. I'm not a big fan of the ST Aubameyang or Walcott that some people have gone mad for, but I got that card it would be enough forever

Have you seen Mullers card? Just as deadly! If I grind out about 100k, I can afford both cards. Also used ST Walcott for a bit. He was very inconsistent for me, scoring a hat trick in some games the disappearing for the rest, so sold him. Went for his min 104k, but still something.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Jesus, those pack opening videos are cringy and annoying on YouTube

Sick pack
    Oh my days

Fück off! Just play the game you silly guntrehzods

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Trilla wrote: »
    Jesus, those pack opening videos are cringy and annoying on YouTube

Sick pack
    Oh my days

Fück off! Just play the game you silly guntrehzods

Not my cup of tea either but we're in the minority. The viewing numbers don't lie and those type of videos do far better than gameplay ones. Can't really blame people for doing them given its their job and it makes them the most cash. Look at the viewership on twitch for a guy like Castro compared to a guy like japes.

They also do a great job at selling packs for EA by showing videos of themselves packing amazing cards which leads people watching to believe they can do it to and they go spend £££ on fifa points

Be a lovely job though, imagine making a living from Fifa, that's the dream

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

They also do a great job at selling packs for EA by showing videos of themselves packing amazing cards which leads people watching to believe they can do it to and they go spend £££ on fifa points

Oh my days!!!

Were the fluck did that saying come from? CRINGE.

I'm very casually playing FUT for the first time. Not great at the game (division 4) and best player I have is Neymar, but those vids would nearly turn me off the game altogether. I'd love to punch that W2S guy!!

Trilla wrote: »
    I'd love to punch that W2S guy!!

He does have a very punchable face in fairness

The only ones I still watch are TwoSync and Ovvy

I was watching one guys stream last night and in the space of no more than 12 packs, he got 3 TOTS players including 92 Kevin De Bruyne

That's 3 more than I've ever gotten....I just stopped watching in disgust :pac:. The guy seemed like a bit of a tool, but had some weird sort of cult following. It was all very strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

I watch Castro daily and I'm actually subscribed to him on Twitch, like what he does not to mention the 80 grand he raised for charity a couple of weeks ago with his 50 hour live stream :)

Advertisement