Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 15

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 winterwheat

Coming to the realisation that I'll never afford Ronaldo :( Say I'll spend all my coins on packs. Have 330k. Are 100k packs any good? Or just stick to the 7.5k packs? :s

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Reading that makes me tempted to offload Ronaldo and give TotY DiMaria a run behind Messi. Is he available on bthe market on X1?

Yeah he should be. Was last time i looked anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

4 100k packs, best player was Silva. 5th pack went okay I guess

HdOCm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

4 100k packs, best player was Silva. 5th pack went okay I guess

HdOCm.jpg

Unreal now watch how he can't out pace Mertesacker in some random game.

You gonna keep or sell?

duffman13 wrote: »
    Unreal now watch how he can't out pace Mertesacker in some random game.

You gonna keep or sell?

I'll sell at the weekend, price should be up when he's out of packs. A fresh TOTY Ronaldo will be getting rare at that stage so people will be willing to pay more I'd reckon

I'll have enough for regular Ronaldo and Messi when he sells, plus a bit of change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I'll sell at the weekend, price should be up when he's out of packs. A fresh TOTY Ronaldo will be getting rare at that stage so people will be willing to pay more I'd reckon

I'll have enough for regular Ronaldo and Messi when he sells, plus a bit of change

I couldn't imagine selling him tbh. At least without using him. Cards like that one are the dream in FUT. Sure you can play with normal Messi and Ronnie in Seasons. :P

I spent about 4.1m on him i think and don't regret it. He's great fun and those long shots are lunacy!! Try him out in CF in false 9 if you like that formation. He's bonkers.

Also TOTS Pique is pretty much the best CDM in the game by a MILE imo. Been playing him there recently and he's just unreal. Current team is...

FzsrjHV.png

Wish a Willems TOTS would come on the bloody market... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭baldshin

For people with teams like the above- do you guys spend actualy money on fifa points, or do ye make enough coins trading to afford teams like that?

In all my years playing ultimate team I've never gotten so much as a team of the week player in a pack!

baldshin wrote: »
    For people with teams like the above- do you guys spend actualy money on fifa points, or do ye make enough coins trading to afford teams like that?

In all my years playing ultimate team I've never gotten so much as a team of the week player in a pack!

I spent about 80quid on packs on release weekend and then traded up. I managed to get a little lucky in that i liquidised just before the price ranges were announced. My big earner was SIF Lacazettes bought when he came out and stashed til the jan upgrades. Made close to 11million on him alone i think.

I also blew a lot on packs this year tbh but the prices of players were so high at one point that it was actually positive equity to do it. Normal Robbens going for 1.2m and stuff was just crazy. If you had the capital you could just open a few mils worth of packs and eventually make money. It also leads to situations like i have atm where i'm clearing out all my consumables. I have about 3mils worth of squad fitness cards.

This year was different btw, in previous years the most i managed to trade to was about 4-5 million and i imagine that would be the target again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

baldshin wrote: »

Ultimate Team is really for two types of folk :
    Firstly, those who pay solid cash, and PLENTY of it, to buy packs and go from there.

Secondly, those who spend a whole lot of time on the transfer market buying certain players low and selling a bit higher, most times a lot higher. There is a lot of cunning involved in this but a lot of time involved also.

I hate the first and am jealous of the second because I don't have the time to spend on a game like that. ****ty BPL team does me right enough :) That said, UT is a twisted version of the game gameplay wise, seasons is normal Fifa but UT is pretty darn addictive.

Each to their own, apart from the ones that EA love :P

Liamalone wrote: »
    Ultimate Team is really for two types of folk :
    Firstly, those who pay solid cash, and PLENTY of it, to buy packs and go from there.

Secondly, those who spend a whole lot of time on the transfer market buying certain players low and selling a bit higher, most times a lot higher. There is a lot of cunning involved in this but a lot of time involved also.

I hate the first and am jealous of the second because I don't have the time to spend on a game like that. ****ty BPL team does me right enough :) That said, UT is a twisted version of the game gameplay wise, seasons is normal Fifa but UT is pretty darn addictive.

Each to their own, apart from the ones that EA love :P

Why? Surely people can spend money on the game if they want, thats the right everyone has when they earn the money? Once they're not buying coins they're playing within the rules. If you feel it gives an unfair advantage then direct your hate to EA and not the player playing within the system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Why? Surely people can spend money on the game if they want, thats the right everyone has when they earn the money? Once they're not buying coins they're playing within the rules. If you feel it gives an unfair advantage then direct your hate to EA and not the player playing within the system.

Because I don't agree with the way that EA work that side of the game, that pay model is awful but obviously not for EA and folk are essentially buying their way to the better players/teams.

Liamalone wrote: »
    Because I don't agree with the way that EA work that side of the game, that pay model is awful but obviously not for EA and folk are essentially buying their way to the better players/teams.

But thats not on the players... and lets be honest there is very little difference between Ibarbo and Ronaldo on FUT. Thats chemistry for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Got my hands on a few TOTS players (KDB, Chiellini, Bonucci and Nainggolan) and the biggest let down is KDB. Tried in numerous positions and doesn't seem to do anything for me. 14 games, 5 goals and no assists. Dribbling is incredible but usually always run into trouble or doesn't finish.

EDIT: just as I say that, he scores a 40 yard screamer. But still lost the game. I honestly don't know why I'm losing games. Played about 15-16 with this squad and have only won about 4 times. Tried out 433(4), 4231, 4231(2). All have had the 4 TOTS players.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wow, there really is no real choice for the left back position if you are building an Argentinian team, is there?

Vangioni or Casco? Seem to be the only decent-ish ones.

Wow, there really is no real choice for the left back position if you are building an Argentinian team, is there?

I know they're not from Argentina but you could play Enzo Perez at ldm and Otamendi/Mascherano at lcb in a 433(3) formation and use Marcelo/Alba at left back

Yeah, Marvell looks likely. Will stick out like a sore thumb though :(

Edit. Marcelo. Damn autocorrect.

x43r0 wrote: »
    Does anyone here have a star player? What I mean by that is either a player who you've had for ages, features in all/most of your squads and has a knack for pulling out wins for you on his own?

For me its TOTY Di Maria. I've had him since division 9 and he's been in 90% of my squads; usually they are built around him too. The amount of losing games he's turned into wins for me is too many to count

This screamer today even reminded me again of his value to my teams

So, wanted to say thanks. Off the back of you post, I decided to offload Ronaldo and grab TOTY Di Maria, as well as TOTS Pastore and SIF Higuian. And by ****, am I having way more fun. With Messi in tow, I'm scoring 4 or 5 a game. Di Maria is unreal at CAM, just getting assists and key passes for fun. Such an incredible card.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

So, wanted to say thanks. Off the back of you post, I decided to offload Ronaldo and grab TOTY Di Maria, as well as TOTS Pastore and SIF Higuian. And by ****, am I having way more fun. With Messi in tow, I'm scoring 4 or 5 a game. Di Maria is unreal at CAM, just getting assists and key passes for fun. Such an incredible card.

Nice one, welcome to the club!

What formation are you using?

4-1-2-1-2 with CMs instead of wide players. Narrow but let's me score plenty with a shotgun approach down the center :P

• Advertisement

Feckin hate having to bin snipe a player

Feckin love when ya finally get him

Managed to win the Copa America cup there, though the store seems to be down so can't reclaim my prize pack yet :(

As amazing as TOTY DiMaria is, I actually find TOTS Dominguez has been nailing down the CAM spot over him. He's a ****ing beast, constantly popping up for goals all over the place. Shame the Greek League aspect makes him a limited choice for many, but he's utterly dominating in my Argentinian team.

Typical of every fut maintenance. Extended by "an hour". Wish they'd say it will take an unknown amount of time, rather than have to extend it almost every time

Managed to win the Copa America cup there, though the store seems to be down so can't reclaim my prize pack yet :(

As amazing as TOTY DiMaria is, I actually find TOTS Dominguez has been nailing down the CAM spot over him. He's a ****ing beast, constantly popping up for goals all over the place. Shame the Greek League aspect makes him a limited choice for many, but he's utterly dominating in my Argentinian team.

what does your Argentinian team look like? might sell my NIF Ronaldo and buy TOTY Di Maria

WkvFgf9.png

Rojo at left back isn't ideal but he was the best of the Argentinean CB choices due to his pace. Perez scored a few screamers, and seemed great when the other player would rush his goalkeeper for a clearance, only for Perez to get the ball and rocket it into the net.

Have enough to go after either CDM IF Mascherano or IF Rulli (to make the squad fully Argentinian), though I might save up for TOTS Otamendi.

How is Higuain? I never seem to be able to play well with 4312 or the 41212(2) formations. Pastore and Dominguez look like quality players, if only Dominguez had 4* :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

My Copa Team is pretty average - no special cards as can never afford them or get lucky in packs but I've managed to get to semi-finals winning first 2 games 7-2 and 5-2. Star for me has been a silver striker - Rubio (Chile) from Mexican League 72 rated who has been devastating and out scoring Tevez and Higuin - played him up front or on wing and equally as good and his stats ain't even that good - I think I got him in a free pack and was just using him to fill up my squad!

How is Higuain? I never seem to be able to play well with 4312 or the 41212(2) formations. Pastore and Dominguez look like quality players, if only Dominguez had 4* :(

He's always been one of my favoured striker; he's not quick but his finishing tends to be savage, and he can score from anywhere. A great finisher. So I'll tend to use Messi to charge forward, safe in the knowledge Higuain and Dominguez will be right behind to either tap in or take a rocket shot for me :D

EDIT: Should add, I probably have a bias cause his NIF netted me the best goal I ever scored :P

As for the 4*, given I rarely use skill moves, it doesn't bother me. He's a little terrier, always popping up to score goals from deflections. He's netted a good few hatricks for me :P

Anyone wanna tell me why I got a free Pink Gundogan this morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Anyone wanna tell me why I got a free Pink Gundogan this morning?

I assume it must be a free giveaway like when they gave away a free pink Sturridge card when they were bringing in the FUTTIES?

Whatever, I want one 😠I just checked my account and don't have it😭

Advertisement