Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 15

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Trading is probably great if you have the time and intelligence to play the markets, but if think some people who are good at it tend to underestimate how hard it can be.

I was doing well on Saturday before the web app screwed me out of a quarter of my coins. But I still needed real cash to set up a base to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,620 ✭✭✭bren2001

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Trading is probably great if you have the time and intelligence to play the markets, but if think some people who are good at it tend to underestimate how hard it can be.

I was doing well on Saturday before the web app screwed me out of a quarter of my coins. But I still needed real cash to set up a base to begin with.

I've only started trading this year. Started relatively safe. Can buy gold contracts for 200 coins, sell on for 300 coin. Guaranteed 3k (minimum really) in an hour. Takes about 10 minutes to buy the 30 contracts. Not mega money like some other people are making but enough to build a decent squad. Add that to the coin boosters. Its a simple start.

When the servers went a little hazy yesterday morning, I had 15k in the bank. Picked up Coleman for 3.5k and Moreno for 6k.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Everyone who got the US version, can you use your main account with the web app? I can only get onto my US account.

Keno wrote: »
    Everyone who got the US version, can you use your main account with the web app? I can only get onto my US account.

Using my Irish account no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Web app and phone app is being a cock for me. I can login but the transfer market is down. Fairly useless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

top right corner click the little person icon that changes your persona and you can switch between your accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

mines fine aswell.

did everybody else get the free pack last nite. I thought it was Monday we got it?

The prices in the bpl are just sick. got scrule in a pack sold him there for 35k. mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭SpuddMurphy

The prices in the bpl are just sick. got scrule in a pack sold him there for 35k. mental.

It's ridiculous, to build an average squad will cost about 30k or so, not worth it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

It's ridiculous, to build an average squad will cost about 30k or so, not worth it..

not defo not and I have 2 xavi's and he's only going for 17 or 18k and he's miles better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I've now got a very solid Serie A side and I haven't spent any money. I spent about a hour on Saturday and Sunday trading Diego Lopez's and made about 25k.

It actually isn't that hard, I've never been able to trade on past versions, but if you find out the regular going rate for a player and then search for buy it now prices below that going rate, then you keep searching untill you find them cheaper then post them for sale for a profit.

Example:

-Diego Lopez was selling for 4200 as the lowest buy it now, this means anyone who wants Diego Lopez will pay 4200 for him. If you are the cheapest card on the market it will ALWAYS sell, most often instantly.
    -I search the market at 4000 buy it now, anything I find I instantly snap up and relist for 4200 buy it now, guarenteeing me at least 200 coin profit.
    -As it is the weekend, thousands of people are opening packs and listing players, many don't pay attention to the prices.
    -My best bargain was a Diego Lopez for 2100, I instantly double my money.
    -If nothing is available below the standard cheapest buy it now, just wait. Keep searching.

I then tried a bit on Hatem Ben Arfa and Joao Moutinho, and had a bit of success, but I made 25k and built this team after about 2 hours work:

Diego Lopez
    Konko-Caceres-Vidic-Evra
    Strootman
    ----Pjanic
    Valero
    Hamsik
    Higuain--Rossi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭irish coldplayer

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

-I search the market at 4000 buy it now, anything I find I instantly snap up and relist for 4200 buy it now, guarenteeing me at least 200 coin profit.

If you sell for 4200 - 5% tax (210) = 3990
    If you bought for 4k thats a loss of 10 ????

While the sentiment is grand, this...

..is wrong, isn't it? EA take 5% as an auction tax, so in that case, when you buy for 4000, and sell for 4,200, you'd actually be down 10 coins net (5% of 4,200 is 210), wouldn't you?

EDIT: Beaten to it.

I did similar wth a player on Saturday though. Knew he was going for 10k, was buying for 8.3-8.7k, relisting as 9.9k. Made a few thousand before the app took my points :(

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Nokir

New to all this so bear with me. I've just been playing the online season and building up funds that way (haven't looked in to trading yet). So I might get up to something like 3k, then go and buy a couple of players, go back to playing x number of games and repeat. People do what I'm doing, right?

Spending points on bronze/silver packs, waste of time or worth doing?

One other thing: players contracts. I keep getting prompted before a game to renew a player's contract but am running out of this consumable. Can you buy this? Only place I've picked it up is in one of the bronze packs.

Nokir wrote: »
    New to all this so bear with me. I've just been playing the online season and building up funds that way (haven't looked in to trading yet). So I might get up to something like 3k, then go and buy a couple of players, go back to playing x number of games and repeat. People do what I'm doing, right?

Spending points on bronze/silver packs, waste of time or worth doing?

One other thing: players contracts. I keep getting prompted before a game to renew a player's contract but am running out of this consumable. Can you buy this? Only place I've picked it up is in one of the bronze packs.

Ye, you can buy them. In the transfer market they are in the consumables section. You should be able to pick up the non-shiny gold contracts for 250 or shiny ones for 350.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Gold players are the way to go, youll never sell a bronze player for more than 150. Realistically there should be 4/5 levels, Bronze and silver players are worthless

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Silver players are far from worthless. Knowledge of the silver market is a great trading tool. Plenty of good bronze players to invest in too. I've made about 50k off a bronze winger. Not near the amount I've made from if trading but it keeps things ticking over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Silver players are far from worthless. Knowledge of the silver market is a great trading tool. Plenty of good bronze players to invest in too. I've made about 50k off a bronze winger. Not near the amount I've made from if trading but it keeps things ticking over.

Invested in Vitinho a 5* skiller Brasilian. Got him for 6,600 sold him for 77k yesterday on ps4, but his price has now gone down to 40kish. Think a few people upped his price trying a price fix. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭irish coldplayer

easy way of making money are the premium bronze packs which only cost 750.
    More often than not I will make back more on sales than the cost of the pack.
    The risk is also very low as you're only playing with 750

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

If you sell for 4200 - 5% tax (210) = 3990
    If you bought for 4k thats a loss of 10 ????
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    While the sentiment is grand, this...

..is wrong, isn't it? EA take 5% as an auction tax, so in that case, when you buy for 4000, and sell for 4,200, you'd actually be down 10 coins net (5% of 4,200 is 210), wouldn't you?

EDIT: Beaten to it.

I did similar wth a player on Saturday though. Knew he was going for 10k, was buying for 8.3-8.7k, relisting as 9.9k. Made a few thousand before the app took my points :(

Sorry, that should have been 3000. Had to up it to 3600 a few times due to getting nothing but got a few sub-3000.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Pogba is going for around 40K (on xbox)

he's **** I'm finding...Playing a 4-4-2 with Vidal and a CAM like Hamsik or Mertens' who glide through opposing defenses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

For some reason 'players met' doesnt appear anymore for Fifa15?

Can no longer send the odd message...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I put my ultimate team edition code in on Saturday evening, I was told the gold packs come out on Mondays, did anyone receive their pack yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

No free daily gift this morning. :(

I did get Kompany in a pack yesterday though. I think he might be the best player I've gotten in a pack ever. Goes for around 80k. Now keep or sell.. hmmm

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    No free daily gift this morning. :(

I did get Kompany in a pack yesterday though. I think he might be the best player I've gotten in a pack ever. Goes for around 80k. Now keep or sell.. hmmm

Depends how good a team you have. For 80k, you could probably build a whopper of a Serie A team or a decent Budesliga team, and still have some over to dabble at the transfer market...

Any sign of transfers being re-enabled on the web app? Hate trading on the Xbox so don't bother, but when the app went down for 14, it never came back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

J Mysterio wrote: »
    For some reason 'players met' doesnt appear anymore for Fifa15?

Can no longer send the odd message...

That's a good thing though. That was rampant on the Xbox360, as it was so easy. I just disabled messages from everyone other than friends. It wasn't too bad on FIFA14 on the PS4. I guess because it takes a while for the 'players met' to pop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I put my ultimate team edition code in on Saturday evening, I was told the gold packs come out on Mondays, did anyone receive their pack yet?

I bought the US version and still no sign of the gold packs, any news about that?

v3ttel wrote: »
    That's a good thing though. That was rampant on the Xbox360, as it was so easy. I just disabled messages from everyone other than friends. It wasn't too bad on FIFA14 on the PS4. I guess because it takes a while for the 'players met' to pop up.

I liked it. I normally would sent 1 of two messages:

1) 'good game' - after a good game with a good player
    2) 'rage quit, lol' - to whatever dìck didnt have the good grace to finish the game.

Made some 'friends' of it: players i played again.

alwald wrote: »
    I bought the US version and still no sign of the gold packs, any news about that?

Same here. I think maybe the packs will only be assigned.to the US account but even then ive got nada.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Same here. I think maybe the packs will only be assigned.to the US account but even then ive got nada.

Exactly, no gold pack in the US account neither.....odd :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I liked it. I normally would sent 1 of two messages:

1) 'good game' - after a good game with a good player
    2) 'rage quit, lol' - to whatever dìck didnt have the good grace to finish the game.

Made some 'friends' of it: players i played again.

Why would you send the 2nd one?!? Personally I play out a game I'm getting thumped in and try to work on different stuff I wouldn't while in a tight game but I can understand people who quit. Especially if the opponent has spent the entire game just launching over the tops again and again and the game is no fun.

Regardless trolling messages don't paint anyone in a good light.

Advertisement