Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,626 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

You need to control a CB and manually cover runs in behind on this game I've found.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

v3ttel wrote: »
    They definitely could, but the problem is we've no idea how they've implemented their system that flags coin farming, coin buying, etc.

I would presume it's very simplistic though. It could be a couple of high transactions for bronze players that triggers it, or one off suspiciously stand out prices, or regular activity between accounts. We're unlikely to ever find out.

I suppose now they warn you once, before they take any action, at least.

might try asking them on ea chat later and see what they say

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

v3ttel wrote: »
    Just a heads up, I'd say you'd need to be careful with that.

It seems a few here have been banned for "coin farming". I think Fincal did something similar to give his mate coins/players and has an Ultimate Team ban on his account.

yeh i was aware of that so kept the transactions relatively small ~50k at a time. I havent got a warning email off them thankfully. If i want fifa points I have to buy them on my us account, so hopefully EA look at it that it's them making money not some coin farmer/seller.
    Unless I pull some great player from my free packs I'll probably slowly sell off the contracts/trash players each week until I have enough worth transferring over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

How many gold players will you get in your US account each week? and what will they be worth? I don't think they will be worth a lot in fairness, so transfer little by little and it should be grand :D:D:D

I already sold today few players who are worth circa 1k in the market for just under 5K from my IE account to my US account :pac::pac::pac: money money money !!!!

alwald wrote: »
    How many gold players will you get in your US account each week? and what will they be worth? I don't think they will be worth a lot in fairness, so transfer little by little and it should be grand :D:D:D

I already sold today few players who are worth circa 1k in the market for just under 5K from my IE account to my US account :pac::pac::pac: money money money !!!!

it's a normal gold pack isn't it, so 3 rares in total. so I could be a while building up a fortune again :p I'm fairly set on my main account, have two decent teams and 200k in the bank (thank you Reus) so I'm in no panic to transfer coins

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Slowly getting the hang of trading for profit. Have started getting braver and spending all of my coins in investments. Have made 10k this afternoon trading on one player, buying for 8,500 and selling for 9,900 (he's selling for just over 10k as well, but think I'm guaranteeing my money by undercutting a bit).

Think I'll have to try upgrading to bigger players soon though...

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Slowly getting the hang of trading for profit. Have started getting braver and spending all of my coins in investments. Have made 10k this afternoon trading on one player, buying for 8,500 and selling for 9,900 (he's selling for just over 10k as well, but think I'm guaranteeing my money by undercutting a bit).

apparently once you have the capital, trading IF players is where the money is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

apparently once you have the capital, trading IF players is where the money is

any tips for it.

any tips for it.

Would imagine it's the same idea as non-IFs. For me, at the moment, I'm picking a specific player who I know is selling for 10-12k. I know that some are putting him up for 8-8.5k, and if I buy him at that, I can sell for 9,900 coins for a profit of around 1k coins. Do similar with the cash you have. Pick 1, 2 or 3 players and focus on them. Don't want to name who I'm doing it with, but it's a player from a top club in England, third or forth best in his position, so I know there'll always be a huge demand.

Presumably it's stepping up then, doubling the figures involved. I guess though that IFs limited nature means that there's more long term potential (versus the instant flipping I'm doing above); once an IF disappears for packs, his value goes up, so if you can buy now and wait a week, his value should increase.

any tips for it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/2hg4zz/for_those_of_you_that_need_an_easy_way_to_trade/

my limited trading knowledge comes from reddit, the above is a good start.

another one is when ea announce downtime for maintenance go bid on some players, when the servers go down you may still be high bidder and pickup some bargains

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Lord TSC wrote: »

Can I ask you a question? Do you bid the maximum price on a load of them you want them for straight off the bat or add to watch list and keep bidding on them until the end?

Finical wrote: »
    Can I ask you a question? Do you bid the maximum price on a load of them you want them for straight off the bat or add to watch list and keep bidding on them until the end?

I'm not bidding, I'm using the "Buy it Now" option.

You'd probably be likely to get players cheaper if you bid (particularly on the Xbox versions with the app down), and with the above example, I've seen the player go for 7-8000. I know I've seen many guides saying just bid on a few cards and if you win, grand, if you don't, you've still got your cash.

Given I'm not playing a lot though, I prefer to just BIN and try and turn it straight away. That, and I hate having to sit and watch bids come in and engaging on bidding wars...

Probably could make a bit more profit, but **** it, it's working for me for now...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Ive only started playing UT for the first time today. Ive always played Fifa but never ventured in. Anyway made enough to buy 4 Gold Packs. First 3 were basic. The 4th wielded Neymar!! I'm guessing thats rare from the little bit ive googled online?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Ive only started playing UT for the first time today. Ive always played Fifa but never ventured in. Anyway made enough to buy 4 Gold Packs. First 3 were basic. The 4th wielded Neymar!! I'm guessing thats rare from the little bit ive googled online?

Its one of the best cards you can currently get..

...I hate you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Thats actually hilarious!

Its generally a bad idea to spend coins on packs because it rarely covers the cost of a pack, but now if you sell Neymar you will have enough to build almost any team you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

migrane_always_sunny.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Completely dodged fifa 14 as really disliked it, but am absolutely living this years edition.

Have built a Serie A, La Liga, BPL and Ligue 1 team which are all decent standard for fairly cheap.

I'm playing 3-4-1-2 which seems great for pacey strikers, the 3 cbs rarely get caught out.

I have Pirlo and I must say he is amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Just use the open bid.

Ie buy 600 coin gold rare/NR put up for 4k.

Then depending how much you have on a 2nd account transfer accordingly.

Just bid on the 4k player you put up on your main with your 2nd so if your transfering 50k just bid 50k on your open bid player.

Or use multiple of that card/any gold card to transfer smaller batches.

YT/Streamers get people bidding large amounts on players nowhere near their full amount all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I never get any luck with unreal players:(. I've just been buying/selling to make profit. Have currently 44K coins. Was up to 57K hoping to sell a player to bring me up 60K+. BPL team seems OP as usual so will stick with it.

I've been making a killing off managers since Thursday.
    Stumbled across it as I was buying my own.
    Soon realised I could double my money within a few mins as they would sell BIN near instant.
    I could put them up a tad more but I'm happy doubling without many relists.

I've nearly maxed out my La Liga already with it:
    Alba, Alves, Casilles, Benzema, Modric, Iniesta, Kroos, Xavi.
    Only additions will be Ramos, IF Miranda and Rodriguez... Rest are too dear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭seany212121

I was trying with managers but no luck, players like Lamela and gold rated players of similar levels are doing well for me made about 122k from buying and selling Lamela.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Im just doing contracts over and over! Had 1000 coins this morning up to 6,000 now! Small figure but no point in having a killer team straight away :D

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

when is the web app going to be back so ****ing annoying

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

bicboy6666 wrote: »
    when is the web app going to be back so ****ing annoying

Its working fine :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Axwell wrote: »
    Its working fine :confused:

I think it's grand for the PS4, but the Xbox One web app has been down for a couple of days at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

No neymar in totw??? Mentalio!!

I might have to get that Tevez tho.

These disconnections you get AFTER the game ends are doing my head in.

Three times now.

Twice in the cup after a 1/4 and semi win and now in a league game(luckily I lost as if I won I'd be pissed more).
    I think it may be connected to losing EAFC server connection.
    If I lose connection to that again I'm rebooting as it's always came back after the reboot so wasn't even down.

Hate the DNF resetting... plus it seems bugged when it drops.

I've had it go 0.63.... 0.63... 1.00... 0.63 :/

Pretty sure before the first DC it never moved from full.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Bought a few Dzeko's there for under 8k. Hoping his price will increase later in the week with him getting an IF now.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Got Enough For Reus .

Prices are up around 140-150k.

Yesterday i think was around 120k -130k

Should i hold out or buy now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

D_turbo wrote: »
    Got Enough For Reus .

Prices are up around 140-150k.

Yesterday i think was around 120k -130k

Should i hold out or buy now?