Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I'd imagine they said that more in jest than anger! 180k for Lewandowski is quite good, that's about his going rate at the moment. because it's your first time playing Fut you were right to sell him and use the coins to have a bit of fun building different teams!

Cheers

I'm leaning towards selling Neymar because I'm building an EPL team so I think the money brought in could be used to better the team. Having said that though, my team is at 100 chemistry already with him in so he's not doing any damage in that respect

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Getting that lucky is unreal so congrats.

180k should be able to build you a very, very solid team with a few stars in it. To get that much so quick is brilliant, but I'd imagine it might overwhelm a new player.

Advice would be to take your time buying; resist temptation to search for a player and just grab the first one you see. Shop round, see if you can shave a few coins off.

But yeah....**** you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

All in jest dude, take you rtime, wait till he scores a hat trick then bang him on the market for massive amounts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

x43r0 wrote: »
    I genuinely didn't come on to gloat. Sorry if it comes across like that

I literally have never played FUT before so I don't know what to do when I come across decent players - Is it generally wiser to sell them of put them in my team?

You're so lucky I assumed you were trolling :pac:

Check Futhead.com it'll give you the general price for players, then have a look at the market and see what the average price is!

I honestly don't think there's such a thing as momentum or scripting, just people playing poorly tbh, I know I've had games where I've had 15-20 shots to his 2-3 and have lost, that's due to me not being clinical enough, not scripting or momentum I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

****ig PSN servers. Down half the day and then I win a game to claim the title and its as if the match never took place, no coins nothing.

• Advertisement

Now its telling me there are no consumables on the transfer market.

Time to turn off the ps4 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Is the card that change players position permanent or it works for few matches only?

Permanent.

I honestly don't think there's such a thing as momentum or scripting, just people playing poorly tbh, I know I've had games where I've had 15-20 shots to his 2-3 and have lost, that's due to me not being clinical enough, not scripting or momentum I think.

I'm not talking plainly about a difference in the shot count.

There's games where NOTHING works.

EVERY time you tackle it goes loose and they retain it, every time you touch the ball you're tackled cleanly within a touch.

A new addition to 15 is the pace, I've had fully rested Dos Santos(87 pace?) crawl just after HT with full stamina in a game just yesterday evening(it wasn't drained and over 60% total left).
    I've noticed this happen loads of times in cheesy games, my quick players run as fast as John Terry.

All the oppositions passes are on the dime.
    Swivel 180 pass out of a packed box, another 1 or 2 one touch passes all in a straight line and the CBs are gone missing and they're in on a 1v1.

Its not just one thing, it's a series of things stacked on top of each other.
    You're hacked - no penalty, you're not pressing tackle or anything - penalty to them etc

My records in UT and normal seasons have never came close to matching.

My normal seasons record has always been 10 times better than UT seasons and there's no other reason that should happen unless I play with poor UT teams(I've always had decent teams).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

FIFA is scripted and that's because of its intentional 'family fun' design for kids to be able to pop in and win straight away. And I'm not meaning that in any sarcastic way or nothing.

Something is up with the game it's been known for years it isn't something which is used a an excuse it is plainly obvious why, but I also attribute the ridiculous demolition marathon like gamespeed as the big reason, Not moaning but even if you play COD you have to have a decent aim/awareness.

• Advertisement

I honestly think if you think the game is scripted, you're just playing badly.

If people think that the game is intentionally favouring one player, that's crazy!

I do feel sometimes I go on these massive, unnatural streaks. Like...I'll win 10 games on the bounce where everything goes right (the ball drops perfectly, constant frees for nothing, etc), and then I'll get ten games in a row where absolutely nothing goes right and I lose them all.

I don't know if it's "scripting" or just psychological, where I gain/lose confidence.

I do know on those losing streaks, I get very tempted to drop real cash on cards though......

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I do feel sometimes I go on these massive, unnatural streaks. Like...I'll win 10 games on the bounce where everything goes right (the ball drops perfectly, constant frees for nothing, etc), and then I'll get ten games in a row where absolutely nothing goes right and I lose them all.

I don't know if it's "scripting" or just psychological, where I gain/lose confidence.

I do know on those losing streaks, I get very tempted to drop real cash on cards though......

I think its more psychological aswell, also, the divisions haven't really filtered very well yet cause the game is new, so its very possible you are playing against five or six div 8-9-10 standard players and dominating and destroying them and get blitzed by a Div 1 Standard player a game later.

I haven't lost many UT games, most of which I did I dominated and was nowhere near clinical enough
    ... I don't blame the game for that, I played badly and I lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

I honestly think if you think the game is scripted, you're just playing badly.

If people think that the game is intentionally favouring one player, that's crazy!

I wouldn't say its scripted but there's definitely some sort of momentum or handicap during a game. One game last night iv had the opposition keeper save everything, finesse shots into the bottom corner driven shots into the side net nothing could get passed him, he had 1 shot and finessed it straight at my keeper it hit him in the face and went in. His keeper got a 9.9 rating aswell.

Even in a cup semi final game a few days ago I used a squad fitness item so everyone had full stamina but my players just wouldn't make runs and felt sluggish for the entire game. It was like playing with a new team

I think it's all psychological though, I mean the game does those things when you're winning aswell it's just you wouldn't take notice of it unless you're losing/lost.

I don't think there's any kind of momentum/scripting/anything that messes with the evenness of the game, at least not intentionally anyway.

I could be wrong though, it's been known to happen!

Have decided to offload the majority of my BPL team in the hopes of raising funds for Muller, Alonso and maybe Kagawa (to replace DeBruyne). Can never get going with my BPL team, probably cause they are as expensive as, but not as good as, other league's players.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Have decided to offload the majority of my BPL team in the hopes of raising funds for Muller, Alonso and maybe Kagawa (to replace DeBruyne). Can never get going with my BPL team, probably cause they are as expensive as, but not as good as, other league's players.

mhkitarian > kagawa imo. pops up with some nice goals for me with runs into the box

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

mhkitarian > kagawa imo. pops up with some nice goals for me with runs into the box

+1
    Ended up selling Kagawa.. His stats are nice but never seems to be in the right place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

mhkitarian has HH work rates, so will tire towards the end, that's why Kagawa would win for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

mhkitarian has HH work rates, so will tire towards the end, that's why Kagawa would win for me

Just on the workrates, can someone explain to me what workrates are best for each position? The only one I would assume is the right one is H/L with defence being High and Attack L for center backs so they dont run up the pitch and out of position?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

joe123 wrote: »
    Just on the workrates, can someone explain to me what workrates are best for each position? The only one I would assume is the right one is H/L with defence being High and Attack L for center backs so they dont run up the pitch and out of position?

Here is what I think are the best work rates for each position.

ST - High/Medium or High/Low

LW/RW - High/Low or High/Medium

LM/RM - High/Medium or Medium/Medium

CAM - High/Medium or High/High

CM - High/High or High/Medium

CDM - Medium/High or Medium/Medium

CB - Low/High

LB/RB - Medium/High

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

joe123 wrote: »

With centre backs, you'd want the 2 of them to have the same work rates, means they'll usually be both around the same position. Same with centre mids if you play 2 of them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Came up against this team in division 9 last night -

IMG_1039.jpg

Someone spent big by the looks of it.

VeVeX wrote: »

IMG_1039.jpg

I'd sell them all and buy as many cool legends as possible!!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

That is just mental.

Also Diego Costa is a pure beast in the game.

I'd sell them all and buy as many cool legends as possible!!

Guessing you're on Xbox? Really bugs me that you bastaŕds get legends and we dont!

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Guessing you're on Xbox? Really bugs me that you bastaŕds get legends and we dont!

I am indeed, it bugs me too, I'll be upgrading to a PS4 around Christmas!

Don't think I'll be able to afford one of the good ones anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

VeVeX wrote: »

IMG_1039.jpg

came up against something similar in div 8. he had totw Ronaldo Messi and bale up front. bet him 2-1 with my non rares. he could not shoot to save his life

Bought Mkhitaryan for 5k. Didn't realise he was a striker instead of CAM. Stuck him back up and sold him for 7.4k :pac:

Having a horrid run now. Got knocked back down to Div 8 and can't get a win to save my life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

IMO David Villa is a real Gem, scoring majority of my goals! Always gets one a game.

Advertisement