Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Upgrading my Seria A team now.

Anyone any thoughts on Vidal, Pogba or Strootman? Have Strootman and he's seemingly doing grand right now for me, but tempted to splash out on one of the two for a significant upgrade. Also upgrading Torres to Higuigan (whose name I know I'm butchering).

had strootman as a holding midfielder, switched him for naingollen for the craic and I find he's actually better than strootman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Had them in past fifas including all versions last year.

Vidal is well worth it good on the ball,good defensively the most well rounded player on fifa had him on loan and he was very good . Pogba I haven't tried he's more of a destroyer his stats look good ie good longshots and if you know how to use skills then it can be handy plus H/M he'll always be on the edge looking for the ball to shoot.

I find Strootman has a few negatives like Balance/Agility and 2*skill and 3*WF is a let down he's definitely underrated though.

Although if you want to wait for the price to go down Guarin and Marchisio have very good stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Upgrading my Seria A team now.

Anyone any thoughts on Vidal, Pogba or Strootman? Have Strootman and he's seemingly doing grand right now for me, but tempted to splash out on one of the two for a significant upgrade. Also upgrading Torres to Higuigan (whose name I know I'm butchering).

I depends on what your formation is.

I sold my Bundesliga team last nigh to fund a Serie A team. Got around 55K for the Bundesliga squad.

My front 3 are lethal so i'm all good there. Maybe swap Tevez for Palacio in the future.
    Marchisio is fantastic and having him there allows me to play Criscito. De Jong is good for what his job is.. Just sit back and protect the back 4. I'll upgrade him for De Rossi later. Strootman is decent.. But would love Vidal or Pogba.

Made this - xsMmtFP.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Current team is...

Higuian
    Honda
    Hamsik
    Asamoah
    Strootman
    Biabiany
    Evra
    Vidic
    Castan
    Maggio
    Buffon

As I said, tempted to move Strootman for Pogba or Vidal. Also getting tempted to switch to 3 at the back and try and get Chiellini instead of Evra and Maggio, and then maybe deploy a second CM as well (with the long term plan of Vidal and Pogba together).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Current team is...

Higuian
    Honda
    Hamsik
    Asamoah
    Strootman
    Biabiany
    Evra
    Vidic
    Castan
    Maggio
    Buffon

As I said, tempted to move Strootman for Pogba or Vidal. Also getting tempted to switch to 3 at the back and try and get Chiellini instead of Evra and Maggio, and then maybe deploy a second CM as well (with the long term plan of Vidal and Pogba together).

3 man CB is brilliant for UT I find. Do most people only have one team and put all their coins into it? Or multiple teams?

• Advertisement

Current team is...

Higuian
    Honda
    Hamsik
    Asamoah
    Strootman
    Biabiany
    Evra
    Vidic
    Castan
    Maggio
    Buffon

Get Barzagli very cheap and perfect workrates Low/High.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

3 man CB is brilliant for UT I find. Do most people only have one team and put all their coins into it? Or multiple teams?

I personally build 2 teams at least. Play one of them until all the players are around 80 in stamina, use the other team then. Never have to buy fitness cards then

I personally build 2 teams at least. Play one of them until all the players are around 80 in stamina, use the other team then. Never have to buy fitness cards then

I've never bought a fitness card :pac:

I've four teams, I get bored quickly of using the same players over and over so like to have lots of options!

Have a Serbian, Serie A, Brazilian and Spanish team, use them all regularly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

2 teams for me and I play them one after the other to avoid injuries and fitness issues.
    For those who are building a liga team, what do you think about the CAM position? I am debating between Cerci and Rakitic!!!

alwald wrote: »
    2 teams for me and I play them one after the other to avoid injuries and fitness issues.
    For those who are building a liga team, what do you think about the CAM position? I am debating between Cerci and Rakitic!!!

I had Rafinha there at one stage and quite liked him, cheap as chips too.

• Advertisement

I had Rafinha there at one stage and quite liked him, cheap as chips too.
    I have him now but I am just looking for an upgrade, Rakitic's price is decreasing so I might wait another week or so to get him for under 10k :)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

alwald wrote: »

Have isco in there find him brilliant won't of been first choice but got him in a packet and doing great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Quick question, whats the difference between Gold and Premium Gold? I assume you wont get Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar etc in the regular Gold ones?

Is Premium worth the extra 50 coins?

Quick question, whats the difference between Gold and Premium Gold? I assume you wont get Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar etc in the regular Gold ones?

Is Premium worth the extra 50 coins?

You get more rares (1 vs 3) in a premium pack, but you can get Messi et al. in normal gold packs. Just far lower chances.

Mind, it's the difference between winning the Irish Lottery and winning the Euromillions; one is better odds than the other but still a 1 in a billion chance :P

gotthebug wrote: »
    Have isco in there find him brilliant won't of been first choice but got him in a packet and doing great

I have Fabregas as Attacking CM (yes not La Liga but still works for Chemistry) and Tiago on the bench. Works for me, cant emphasis enough how good David Villa is up front. 2o odd goals in 15 games for me and the closest scorer behind him for me is Soldado and Llorente with 5

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Anyone with a Serie A side should try Nainggolan in CM, he's an absolute beast. I've got Strootman, Nainggolan and Pjanic as a midfield 3 and Nainggolan is everywhere.

Current team is...

Higuian
    Honda
    Hamsik
    Asamoah
    Strootman
    Biabiany
    Evra
    Vidic
    Castan
    Maggio
    Buffon

If you can afford him go pick up Mertens. Lovely little player to use.
    Palacio is also great... As is Ibarbo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I've never played Ultimate Teams before, but this thread is making me want to!! :D

It's just a shame that I'm still stuck playing FIFA 13 on the PS3! :pac:

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    If you can afford him go pick up Mertens. Lovely little player to use.
    Palacio is also great... As is Ibarbo.

Have been tempted by Mertens but Honda and Hamsik are doing the business for me. They are doing me really well. And Higuain has been a revelation. Walking the ball into the net with him....

Have been tempted by Mertens but Honda and Hamsik are doing the business for me. They are doing me really well. And Higuain has been a revelation. Walking the ball into the net with him....

Yeah if you're playing 1 up front then Hig would be the better option.. Or Ibarbo but he ain't cheap.

I'm currently playing Ibarbo + Palacio off one another and there doing great.

• Advertisement

Was flipping Sturridge yesterday but dried up today. Was making 5k profit a card, and once made 15k. Made about 40k overall.

Going to take a swing at some IFs now. Found a topic on the official forums where people are trying to price fix them, so buying them and trying to undercut them, hoping they will buy me out :P

Was flipping Sturridge yesterday but dried up today. Was making 5k profit a card, and once made 15k. Made about 40k overall.

Going to take a swing at some IFs now. Found a topic on the official forums where people are trying to price fix them, so buying them and trying to undercut them, hoping they will buy me out :P

Can you share this with us here on Boards, I would love some profit :D:D

Sure, though disclosure: I'm only starting to try the method now so can't vouch personally for success. The people using it are raving about it mind, and with the web app back (Hooray!), I'd imagine it will get better too.

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/2942688.page

Can post details here too though. Basically, each week, they are choosing 3 IF cards, buying them up, agreeing a price and then selling them in massive batches at the same price. As an individual, the idea is you sink you coins into multiple of a card, list them as the same price and put them up. As soon as it sells, buy the card again and bank the profits.

The aim is to hit it lucky with lazy people who just search for a player, see the first ten are all the same price, and then don't shop round to see if it can be got cheaper (it usually can). They are impulsive so just grab the first one they see. The more people who are using the set price (or thereabouts), the easier it becomes to convince the lazy (who only casually scan the first page) that the price is right and just to BIN quickly. (That's why I've no problem sharing on a smaller community tbh; it seems the more people do it, the easier it becomes to fix the price, and that there wouldn't be a fraction of the people on here that are on the offical forums anyway, where it's pretty much stickied right now...)

The current price list they are using to sell is...

TOTW 1

Icardi - Sell 18k
    Rodrigo - Sell 65k
    Miranda - Sell 70k
    Menez - Sell 45-50k

TOTW 2

Reid - Sell 18 - 19k
    Ricardo Rodriguez - Sell 30-31k
    Rondon - Sell 15-16k
    Milner - Sell 17-18k
    Rakitic - Sell 75-85k
    Gignac - 16-17k

TOTW 3

Klaasen - 15k
    Aogo - 21k
    Jagielka - 43-45k

So buy below those values (and make sure you factor in the 5% you lose because of the tax) and sell at those values. Strikes me it's slow but the idea is to have 10 or so of a card at a time and be patient.

I've got two Jagielka cards at the moment, and when I shift on my last Sturridge, I'll be buying three more. Hope this works. There's some people talking about having 1 million coins made in the first three weeks :D

Jordi Alba is one fast bastard! Signed him yesterday for 30k, A bit expensive but worth it...

I dream of a team of Jordi Albas

I did that method last year around November and I netted Ronaldo just before TOTY.

It's good but pretty time consuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I'm rubbish at trading and don't understand the market at all.

I listed three of the same player. I listed one card, then knocked 100 off the buy now for the second, and 100 again off the third. The guys had the same fitness and contracts. They were listed within 30 seconds of each other. The most expensive one sold. The other two didn't.

I listed the other two again, and once again the most expensive one sold, and the one that was 100 cheaper with the BIN, didn't.

I really can't find a proper niche in the market at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Finding it extremely hard to trade in this FIFA too. I try to snatch up a few players on open bids, but I usually always get outbid and people even bid a price for a player to which they could be bought on a buy now. :confused:

Do PS3+PS4 player share the same market?

Maybe it will get easier when the amount of people on the game decreases.

Scripting definitely exists, sometimes it affects me and sometimes it affects my opponents but it's so frustrating when you have played with a player more than 10 matches (so you know how he plays, dribbles, runs ......) and in 1 match you will notice that it's like if the player doesn't even exist in the pitch.....sooooo annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I want Di Maria so bad. :(

• Advertisement

Not doing well trading today. Nothing moving at all :(

Advertisement