Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 15

Options

Comments

I'm about one bad loss away from being done with this mode.

The scripting this year is an absolute joke.

I'm literally having an a ridiculously scripted game 1:2 whereas in previous years it was more 1:6 and even back to FIFA 10 where you could even win the games.

Now it's just a complete waste of time.
    Had my 4th defeat in a row there in seasons after winning the opening two.

About to be relegated for the 3rd season running down to D5 :rolleyes:

Same crap every game.

I've actually got a good team too, so no excuses can be made about needing upgrades.
    My results are probably getting worse as I've upgraded :\

Defenders are impossible to even position(not holding sprint) never mind tackle yet you're tackled time after time in all areas of the pitch.
    Clean tackles for them, bobble tackles for you.
    Your players are tackled before they even make a touch.

Players move so slow, I've Benzema now... he's honestly not worth a fag in these sort of games.

I could make a collection of ridicules segments from most of my games now and it's just the same thing over and over.

No point of me playing this mode if I'm going nearly 1:1 when I can easily get to and stay in D1/2 in normal seasons(I've never been lower than D2 after getting to D1 but sometimes it's hard to keep in it).... in this mode I can't even stay in the middle divisions.
    Doesn't add up at all.... it's far worse this year than in previous years.

Not sure is it connected to spending cash, I've never spent anything on this mode.
    Or is to do with a turn system of sorts but it's making UT very unenjoyable this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

never spent a penny on FUT and I am certainly not going to start, I always start with a small team and take my time to build the teams that I want.
    This year prices are so high that it's impossible to buy good players so I am not spending any money on players and waiting until their prices go down :D:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I'm about one bad loss away from being done with this mode.

The scripting this year is an absolute joke.

I'm literally having an a ridiculously scripted game 1:2 whereas in previous years it was more 1:6 and even back to FIFA 10 where you could even win the games.

Now it's just a complete waste of time.
    Had my 4th defeat in a row there in seasons after winning the opening two.

About to be relegated for the 3rd season running down to D5 :rolleyes:

Same crap every game.

I've actually got a good team too, so no excuses can be made about needing upgrades.
    My results are probably getting worse as I've upgraded :\

Defenders are impossible to even position(not holding sprint) never mind tackle yet you're tackled time after time in all areas of the pitch.
    Clean tackles for them, bobble tackles for you.
    Your players are tackled before they even make a touch.

Players move so slow, I've Benzema now... he's honestly not worth a fag in these sort of games.

I could make a collection of ridicules segments from most of my games now and it's just the same thing over and over.

No point of me playing this mode if I'm going nearly 1:1 when I can easily get to and stay in D1/2 in normal seasons(I've never been lower than D2 after getting to D1 but sometimes it's hard to keep in it).... in this mode I can't even stay in the middle divisions.
    Doesn't add up at all.... it's far worse this year than in previous years.

Not sure is it connected to spending cash, I've never spent anything on this mode.
    Or is to do with a turn system of sorts but it's making UT very unenjoyable this year.

I would love to disagree with you here....but I experience the same sort of thing. Ive actually noticed this year that when it goes against you, if you are in the opponents third and want to play a 5 yard pass, the ball at times slows down as if its stuck in mud and doesnt reach the player.

Regular seasons gameplay is so much better but Ultimate Team definitely incorporates something to even up games.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If I make a team on Ultimate Team on the PS3, will it carry over to the PS4 version when I get it?

J. Marston wrote: »
    If I make a team on Ultimate Team on the PS3, will it carry over to the PS4 version when I get it?

Yep provided you are using the same PSN ID.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Sure, though disclosure: I'm only starting to try the method now so can't vouch personally for success. The people using it are raving about it mind, and with the web app back (Hooray!), I'd imagine it will get better too.

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/2942688.page

Can post details here too though. Basically, each week, they are choosing 3 IF cards, buying them up, agreeing a price and then selling them in massive batches at the same price. As an individual, the idea is you sink you coins into multiple of a card, list them as the same price and put them up. As soon as it sells, buy the card again and bank the profits.

The aim is to hit it lucky with lazy people who just search for a player, see the first ten are all the same price, and then don't shop round to see if it can be got cheaper (it usually can). They are impulsive so just grab the first one they see. The more people who are using the set price (or thereabouts), the easier it becomes to convince the lazy (who only casually scan the first page) that the price is right and just to BIN quickly. (That's why I've no problem sharing on a smaller community tbh; it seems the more people do it, the easier it becomes to fix the price, and that there wouldn't be a fraction of the people on here that are on the offical forums anyway, where it's pretty much stickied right now...)

The current price list they are using to sell is...

TOTW 1

Icardi - Sell 18k
    Rodrigo - Sell 65k
    Miranda - Sell 70k
    Menez - Sell 45-50k

TOTW 2

Reid - Sell 18 - 19k
    Ricardo Rodriguez - Sell 30-31k
    Rondon - Sell 15-16k
    Milner - Sell 17-18k
    Rakitic - Sell 75-85k
    Gignac - 16-17k

TOTW 3

Klaasen - 15k
    Aogo - 21k
    Jagielka - 43-45k

So buy below those values (and make sure you factor in the 5% you lose because of the tax) and sell at those values. Strikes me it's slow but the idea is to have 10 or so of a card at a time and be patient.

I've got two Jagielka cards at the moment, and when I shift on my last Sturridge, I'll be buying three more. Hope this works. There's some people talking about having 1 million coins made in the first three weeks :D

Just had a quick look at that and Im struggling to see how you can make profit? Searched Icardi IF's and there are tons of him going fro around the 14k mark. Youd never be able to sell him at 18.

Same goes for Jagielka. Ive seen loads up for 35k. Am I missing something on this? Im all for a bit of trade profit!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

**** >_<
    Just sold Jagielka for 26k instead of 36k by mistake :mad:
    joe123 wrote: »
    Just had a quick look at that and Im struggling to see how you can make profit? Searched Icardi IF's and there are tons of him going fro around the 14k mark. Youd never be able to sell him at 18.

Same goes for Jagielka. Ive seen loads up for 35k. Am I missing something on this? Im all for a bit of trade profit!

The idea would be to buy, say, 10 of him for 14k, then put all 10 up at the same time for 18k. Then if someone searches, there's the chance at the end of the hour cycle that someones entire first page of searches for the player will all be your Icardi going for 18k; they won't look past the first page, presuming thats the going price. Even better if someone else also has a tonne of them up for 18k as well. But yeah, it's risky. Also worth noting cause he's been round a while, his price has risen naturally as well; when it started, he was going for 11-12k. As the "price fixing" goes on on a single player, so too will everyone elses prices go up naturally as well.

I've bought a few Jag's for 27k and sold them for 35k. Few thousand profit. Working on Dzekos at the moment. Have 3 up that I bought for 37k and am trying to shift for 59k. Some are selling them round that, and the topic mentioned have only moved onto him today so the price will rise.. Slow enough starting off though. But the hope is that you can buy low and sell high.

If I can shift the cards I have right now, I'll breach the 200k mark :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Price fixing scandal

Booooooooo!

205396.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wow, Premier League prices are insane.

joe123 wrote: »
    I would love to disagree with you here....but I experience the same sort of thing. Ive actually noticed this year that when it goes against you, if you are in the opponents third and want to play a 5 yard pass, the ball at times slows down as if its stuck in mud and doesnt reach the player.

Regular seasons gameplay is so much better but Ultimate Team definitely incorporates something to even up games.

I suppose therein lies the problem.

There's money involved in this mode. So whatever needs to be done to enhance the return is probably the route they'd take.

I'd say at a guesstimation, 1:4 FIFA players are complete tripe who'd lose to a good player 99/100.
    If they kept playing those types they'd give up and the spending stops.
    Alternatively, if you're getting cheesed you might think ''I need better players, must buy packs''... maybe that buys into it.

It feels 10 times worse this year, you get the usual bobble tackles etc but now even getting a defender to a position to make the bobble tackle is a challenge(every ball goes through them in the interception game which is up from before, even CB's and DM's miss it) added to the speed handicap that I've noticed far too much.

I'm saving for one or two Legends as when facing them in 2014 they couldn't do ANYTHING wrong.
    If I'm still going 1:1 after that then I'll take my myself back to regular seasons and enjoy the game for what it is.

Can't keep struggling and losing to chumps in D3-4 and getting frustrated when I can up my win ratio 10 fold playing with regular teams.
    (I'm a lowly 50-20-34 in the seasons portion of UT, I'd bet I'd get well over 100 wins before 30 losses in the regular game mode)

I through this together last night from one of those games.
    I could have added more but the Xbox doesn't record half the time.

The corner clearance to a striker for a 1v2 seems to happen consistently in those types of games, he doesn't even manually move the striker so no reason for it to go there.
    When it's at your end of the pitch, it just keeps falling to one of their other players over... and over again for more chances.

Look at his passing at the start of the video.
    Thats another tell tale sign you haven't a a hope, he holds forward and presses the pass 3 times and he has a 1v1.... thats just awful play, 180 spins in a number of instances all on the money.

You honestly couldn't get a clear chance passing like that in previous FIFAs when you were getting cheesed, that passing working consistently, the corner clearances at both ends and players slowing down are three consistent things I'm seeing(along with the good old bobble tackles and clean for them).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Anybody who bought a few Jordan Henderson's a few days ago, cash in now. I bought a few for 550-800 last week, his lowest BIN price is now 1,200 and selling at that

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Assume thats on xb1 cos on ps4 you can BIN him for around 750 no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

This scripting stuff is nonsense. Just people who arent very good at football/ FIFA

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

J Mysterio wrote: »
    This scripting stuff is nonsense. Just people who arent very good at football/ FIFA

It's definitely real, there's no other game I play where things like it happens to me

It's definitely real, there's no other game I play where things like it happens to me

Maybe you're just not very good?

Im reaching for the word for when you expect an outcome it makes it more likely (on the tip of my tongue).

Also, Shakespeare: 'There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Im reaching for the word for when you expect an outcome it makes it more likely (on the tip of my tongue).

Also, Shakespeare: 'There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so'

It's real for sure, keeps some of the casuals interested. It's momentum

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

There's definitely momentum or some sort of handicap. Iv played a lot offline so far and a good bit of head to head online and nothing comes close to the bull**** that happens in UT.
    Surely you must have noticed games where your players just stop doing everything they have previously done right, like sometimes my wingers wont even run forward and every pass my midfielders will step away from leaving the opposition to easily pick it up.
    I'd go so far as to say its the bad players that dont notice the momentum :D

Ive noticed a few fucķ ups by my players but they are very rare. Maybe twice or three times out of about 50 odd games.

I think there may be a certain 'randomisation' or 'mistake chance' thrown into the code (to simulate errors real players might make) but I dont believe the game is deliberately sabotaging play as some sort of money spinning exercise or to 'keep casual players'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

There is definitely some element at play regarding the momentum, or "scripting" although I hate that word for it. That's what makes Ultimate Team so different from normal seasons or kick-off mode.

Some games it's like you can't win, this guy made an example:

But I actually think there are ways to change it, if I'm getting hammered and nothing is working I change formation, and I'm nearly always back in the game. Maybe try that? I also have a feeling that the majority of the time I noticed scripting, a very high rated team is involved. When I'm playing TOTW players and Bale and Neymar etc, I find I either hammer them or can't do anything, and as I have an decently rated Serie A team, I don't play those big teams as often which is maybe why I notice it less? Another theory there maybe if others notice the same.

Having zero luck with th IF trading method, so think I'll sell out and go back to my own devices. Might try flipping a few DiMarias :D

• Advertisement

Having zero luck with th IF trading method, so think I'll sell out and go back to my own devices. Might try flipping a few DiMarias :D

Said id give that IF trading thing a go. Seems pretty risky but sure its only coins. Trying to get a few of those Aogos. If ive any success Il let you know!

The max that I've made on profit is 2k with Busquets yesterday :D:D, bought him for 7K with a chemistry card and sold him for 9K :pac::pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Kompany is an absolute beast in this game!

I've played about 6 games since I bought him and he's scored a header from a corner in 5 of those games. It seems like as long as he gets a head on the ball it's going in

• Registered Users Posts: 38 AnthonyWalsh07

tryed the IF method myself sold a few rakitic but have a milner and jagielka almost 2 days that wont shift

and normal cards that are flipping good? and a what price to buy and sell

i have about 100,000 coins left

Decided to splash some cash; invested in El Shaawary, Pirlo and Barzagli for my Italian League team team, replacing Asamoah, Honda and Evra. Since I've switched from a 4-3-2-1 to a 3-4-1-2, I've also managed to shove Maggio out and replaced him with Torres up front, so I now have...
    Torres - Higuain
    Hamsik
    El Shaawary - Pirlo - Strootman - Biabiany
    Barzagli - Castan - Vidic
    Buffon

Not sure about Hamsik over Honda as of yet, cause Honda has been a beast for me so far, scoring goals and assists for fun. And Biabiany, for a player with 96 pace, never seems to do much for me, so long term I may switch him. Have bought Naingollan for the bench, and have started trading Vidals, so may swap Strootman out for one of them, depending on how everything goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Decided to splash some cash; invested in El Shaawary, Pirlo and Barzagli for my Italian League team team, replacing Asamoah, Honda and Evra. Since I've switched from a 4-3-2-1 to a 3-4-1-2, I've also managed to shove Maggio out and replaced him with Torres up front, so I now have...
    Torres - Higuain
    Hamsik
    Buffon

Not sure about Hamsik over Honda as of yet, cause Honda has been a beast for me so far, scoring goals and assists for fun. And Biabiany, for a player with 96 pace, never seems to do much for me, so long term I may switch him. Have bought Naingollan for the bench, and have started trading Vidals, so may swap Strootman out for one of them, depending on how everything goes.

I'd highly recommend Iturbe for right mid. Played a few games with roma offline and he was unstoppable, it actually got a bit silly how well he kept the ball from tackles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Torres - Higuain
    Hamsik
    Buffon

Love the 3-4-1-2 and Pirlo is a free kick scoring machine, anything around the edge of the box of a goal.

Edit - I'd maybe move Vidic into the middle of the back three as he'll be outpaced heavily on the wing and would be ideal in the center for winning defensive headers!

I dislike the 3-4-1-2 in this FIFA simply because the through ball isn't as effective as last years so there is no need for 3 CB, the wings are so exposed so whenever a player will get past Biabiany or Shaarawy the defence will suffer big time especially against fast wingers/forwards

I find the 4-1-2-1-2 the best to have double cover for both the wings and the through ball:

Torres - Higuain
    Hamsik
    El Shaawary Biabiany
    Strootman
    LB - Castan - Vidic - RB
    Buffon

In park the bus mode it turns to a 4-4-2 super defensive and in ultra attack in turns to a weird but effective 1-2-3-4 :D:D yes 1 CB supported the full backs and then 1 CB will join the midfield and the 2 wingers will play to support the forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Id invest in Ibarbo and Mertens, both class!

What the hell is scripting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Any good trading tips?

Advertisement