Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Id invest in Ibarbo and Mertens, both class!

What the hell is scripting?

When the game is against you, you just know you'll concede. Things like the ball bouncing off your players, touch gone to ****, passes not going where you want, the opposition cut everything out and everything goes their way. I haven't seen it in UT15 yet since I haven't played much but it was in all the other games, so annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

When the game is against you, you just know you'll concede. Things like the ball bouncing off your players, touch gone to ****, passes not going where you want, the opposition cut everything out and everything goes their way. I haven't seen it in UT15 yet since I haven't played much but it was in all the other games, so annoying.

Allright, every game i lost then must be scripting so. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I can't say I've seen much of it tbh but this is my first year playing UT properly

Some of the videos on it look pretty convincing though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Allright, every game i lost then must be scripting so. Cheers.

Sure if you just want to scoff it off like that workaway. Its quite a clear turn in the way the game plays, I've noticed when it happens in my favour too. But sure whatever, no way its true.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd highly recommend Iturbe for right mid. Played a few games with roma offline and he was unstoppable, it actually got a bit silly how well he kept the ball from tackles

Will give him a try; only 2k coins, would have better chem with Higuain. Thanks :)
    Love the 3-4-1-2 and Pirlo is a free kick scoring machine, anything around the edge of the box of a goal.

Edit - I'd maybe move Vidic into the middle of the back three as he'll be outpaced heavily on the wing and would be ideal in the center for winning defensive headers!

Yeah, did that after I posted. Plan would be to replace him with Chiellini long term to counter that, and the fact he is a disaster for me tackling wise (4 red cards in the last 6 games :rolleyes:).
    alwald wrote: »
    I dislike the 3-4-1-2 in this FIFA simply because the through ball isn't as effective as last years so there is no need for 3 CB, the wings are so exposed so whenever a player will get past Biabiany or Shaarawy the defence will suffer big time especially against fast wingers/forwards

I'd usually agree, but there's a horrible lack of full backs this year. Evra and Maggio were getting beaten as if they weren't there anyway, hence why I'm dropping to 3 CBs instead, and just gonna pack the box with them :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Always a lack of decent fullbacks in the serie a :(

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Sure if you just want to scoff it off like that workaway. Its quite a clear turn in the way the game plays, I've noticed when it happens in my favour too. But sure whatever, no way its true.

Im not scoffing anything, its just good to know when im playing badly its because its scripted and not because of an off game. Glad its clear to me now. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

It's been going on for years it happens in all game modes to be fair I'd say Career mode is definitely the most prevalent for it to occur.
    It's not scripting it's momentum, strange coding within the game and terrible AI.

Shame I had a group of lads who have played for years on XBOX but this year only me and 1 other have gotten it everyone has gotten sick of it in FIFA 14 everyone gave up on the game within a month in FUT, we mainly play Clubs now though which is 100x better than FUT.

I would venture to say it happens less in H2H seasons since 1) it is a lot less demolition derby like 2) no computer AI like Career.

Don't be put off because you have people screaming and crying because they lost and continued to play and continued losing and blame it on Handicap or whatever it's definitely there but people in other forums just can't express it in a rational way.
    You have to be very very good at the game and take your chances no matter what to overcome the momentum which is very unfair.

Edit: The video 1 page back nearly killed me at 0:50!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Kells... wrote: »

Just buy a Italian CB and then match him with Criscito.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Kells... wrote: »

3 man defence. Plenty of pacey Serie A centre backs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭irish coldplayer

you can actually put together a very fast and skillful Brazilian gold team for very little money.
    Plenty of really good Brazil rare golds going for 6-700 coins. My team is full of players I've never heard of but they are class to play with.
    ST is the only position that causes problems overcome by making a decent CAM (which there are lots of) into a CF then a ST

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Anyone got to Division 1/won it yet? Just wondering what the reward is this year for it.

In 13 you would get 7k coins and a premium pack, last year it was 15k.

Im in Division 4 maintaining my promotion each season I play. With my Russian squad its getting tougher though and momentum/scripting can be really hard come back from as the opponents get tougher.

Ive about 270k coins and am currently trying out that IF trading thing but think Il have to bite the bullet soon and build a decent side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

joe123 wrote: »
    Anyone got to Division 1/won it yet? Just wondering what the reward is this year for it.

In 13 you would get 7k coins and a premium pack, last year it was 15k.

Im in Division 4 maintaining my promotion each season I play. With my Russian squad its getting tougher though and momentum/scripting can be really hard come back from as the opponents get tougher.

Ive about 270k coins and am currently trying out that IF trading thing but think Il have to bite the bullet soon and build a decent side.

I just got in to division 1, but haven't won it yet. You get 15k if you win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Probably an obvious question but is it normal to come across opponents who quit once you go 3/4 goals up?

Happening a fair bit. One guy quit 20mins in when I went 2-0 up :eek:

Trying to get rid of my IF Dzekos. Decide to buy a few packs. And guess who I get. My first IF pull this year, and it's a card I can't get rid of :pac:

On the upside, did pull Isco, Mascherano, Schurrle, Ox, Lallana, Vela and a few other top players :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

x43r0 wrote: »
    Probably an obvious question but is it normal to come across opponents who quit once you go 3/4 goals up?

Happening a fair bit. One guy quit 20mins in when I went 2-0 up :eek:

Oh yeah always happens, but gets less and less often as you go up the divisions.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Decided to splash some cash; invested in El Shaawary, Pirlo and Barzagli for my Italian League team team, replacing Asamoah, Honda and Evra. Since I've switched from a 4-3-2-1 to a 3-4-1-2, I've also managed to shove Maggio out and replaced him with Torres up front, so I now have...
    Torres - Higuain
    Hamsik
    El Shaawary - Pirlo - Strootman - Biabiany
    Barzagli - Castan - Vidic
    Buffon

Barzagli is my favorite defender so far. He just sits back and never gets caught on the break. His pace upgrade this year has made him a beast!
    Id invest in Ibarbo and Mertens, both class!

+1 on those two.
    Currently only 10K off Vidal. He'll take Strootmans place.

Just as I give up on Dzeko, I sell one for 60k.

30k profit :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

What console is everyone playing on?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

you can actually put together a very fast and skillful Brazilian gold team for very little money.
    Plenty of really good Brazil rare golds going for 6-700 coins. My team is full of players I've never heard of but they are class to play with.
    ST is the only position that causes problems overcome by making a decent CAM (which there are lots of) into a CF then a ST

Isnt the fun to play with players you actually like?

• Advertisement

What's an IF card?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

In form card

To be honest I hadnt even realised that there was form... doh

J Mysterio wrote: »
    What's an IF card?

Ah here.... you're trying to argue there's no scripting/momentum in UT and you don't even know what an IF card is?.

You obviously haven't much sample experience to draw that conclusion on so.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭crazy eyes

I've been training away at mainly gold contracts, few silver players and managers and I have around 70k now. Anybody have any suggestions on what to move onto selling? I bought a few IF donovans last week but his price hasn't budged since.

Anybody else notice there not selling as much stuff since yesterday. It took me almost a day to sell 50 contracts when they would usually be gone in a couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Serie A lads, is Mertens that much better than Hamsik? Very happy with Hamsik but reading a lot about Mertens so would like to hear from someone who has used both.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Serie A lads, is Mertens that much better than Hamsik? Very happy with Hamsik but reading a lot about Mertens so would like to hear from someone who has used both.

If you need someone who makes the final pass holds off other players then Hamsik may be best. I always felt that Hamsik let me down when counter attacking.

But Mertens would be better if you like to run at your opponent. He's very quick with insane dribbling. Like you know the second you pick up the ball and there's open space this guy will make us of it. He's pretty great for set pieces also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Tried a full Brazilian team for few days and sold them all including Ronaldinho AKA the legend :D.
    A lot of skill full players but their physique is crap and they loose a lot of challenges, the good defenders are pricey and the 2 top goalkeepers aren't that good.

Ah here.... you're trying to argue there's no scripting/momentum in UT and you don't even know what an IF card is?.

You obviously haven't much sample experience to draw that conclusion on so.

Ive been playing PES/ FIFA since nineteen dickety. I just dont obsess to the same levels other players may do, and I certainly dont have conspiracy theories to account for why I dont win.

In UT I build a team of players I like. I then add the chemistry styles to them and thats it outside of fitness cards and contracts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,626 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Doesn't take an obsession to know what an in form card is.

Advertisement