Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Was talking to the nephew tonight and he spent his pocket money on Microsoft points so he could buy FIFA points to open some packs. First pack some silver card that went for 35k. Second pack aguero,third pack benzema!!!

So he says with all the joy in his heart after getting 3 great packs "hey uncle discobeaker,you should open some packs and see what great players you get too" so I did....

I got ryan shawcross....

Cheers EA for making a grown man cry Infront of his 12 year old nephew.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TheNumpty

I've got about 300k to spend on a team. I've already got 2 Serie A teams that i switch around for fitness etc. I want to build another squad but not a Premiership team, its still far too overpriced. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Done with UT this year.

I've won division one once and that's enough. The scripting is too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

TheNumpty wrote: »
    I've got about 300k to spend on a team. I've already got 2 Serie A teams that i switch around for fitness etc. I want to build another squad but not a Premiership team, its still far too overpriced. Any suggestions?

Bundesliga has lots of good choices, at 300k you could build a serious team there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Finical wrote: »
    Done with UT this year.

Why do people get so worked up, it's only a game, there is no scripting just bad game mechanics at times.

Why do people get so worked up, it's only a game, there is no scripting just bad game mechanics at times.

If it was bad game mechanics I could adjust no problem. I've played fifa at a competitive level and I just don't like being ****ed over. It's been the same with fifa for years, but UT in particularly the last two years has been progressively worse for it.

Clubs only from here on in for me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

If it was bad game mechanics I could adjust no problem. I've played fifa at a competitive level and I just don't like being ****ed over. It's been the same with fifa for years, but UT in particularly the last two years has been progressively worse for it.

Clubs only from here on in for me. :)

I find more BS in clubs than UT.
    Also there's plenty of scripting in clubs.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I find more BS in clubs than UT.

Yeah that's true too with all the midgets . It's good fun though and very satisfying when a god team goal goes in.

That's what people who can't accept defeat say tbh.

• Advertisement

That's what people who can't accept defeat say tbh.

Well thats not true.. (for UT and Clubs)

I've a record of 31-7-5 and while i've yet to lose directly to scripting I can still tell when its happening.

I've scraped wins against really bad teams that are using 77 rated teams with 60+ chem. Yet i've played 84 rated teams and hammered them by 5+ goals. There have been plenty have times where my team just feel invincible and vice versa.

People do exaggerate how much scripting has an effect on their game.. But it is 100% there. But it can be beaten if you focus and set your team up right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Picked up a few cheap Keanes there, prices rising already. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭crazy eyes

Picked up a few cheap Keanes there, prices rising already. :D

Any idea when the best time is to sell potential if's? I got 4 keanes for 750-850

Had a game there where my team just got utterly demolished by one rated a solid 10 points lower; Crouch, Ferdinand, Noble and a few other lower PL team players.

Two penalties given against me when the AI ran in and utterly clobbered him, numerous freekicks every time there was a gust of wind. Two stonewall penalties for me not given when his players bodytackled me. Rio Ferdinand able to keep pace with a fully fit Ibraro. Higuain ****ing up every touch of the ball he had.

I do think that some people over exaggerate scripting, momentum, handicapping whatever. But when I have games like that, I do genuinely believe that there's something going on somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Definitely something going on. I had the wba striker Ideye waltz through my cb pairing of thiago silva and kompany to bag two goals. Bizzaro world stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

The thing is scripting isn't always against you, sometimes you feel that it's with you :D, it happened to me when my best striker has over 10 shots but none on target and most of them are from a good position but sometimes I can clearly notice that my players are winning the ball way too easily and that is an indication that I will most likely win the match :pac::pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

This is my team:

Krul

Coleman - O'Shea - Collocini - Flanagan

McGeady - McCarthy - Gibson - Guttierrez

Keane - Long

I regularly beat teams with Ronaldos, Bales etc. They are probably screaming 'scripting'! But theyre probably just ****.

I'm working towards getting Moreno, Sterling, Hoolahan and Coutinho.

alwald wrote: »
    The thing is scripting isn't always against you, sometimes you feel that it's with you :D, it happened to me when my best striker has over 10 shots but none on target and most of them are from a good position but sometimes I can clearly notice that my players are winning the ball way too easily and that is an indication that I will most likely win the match :pac::pac:.

Have had that too. Had a game yesterday where every ball bounced absolutely perfectly for me, and despite the guy having a top PL team, he had one shot (off target) over the entire game, which I won 6-0, walking the ball into the net 3 times....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

How about that for my 2 top strikers :D:D:

rae24k.jpg

People putting down the controller after 30-40 minutes is starting to drive me fúcking mental, end up taking it easy on guys leaving it at 3-0 so they keep playing, cause once it hit's four, the controller is gone down. Painful.

• Advertisement

J Mysterio wrote: »
    This is my team:

Krul

Coleman - O'Shea - Collocini - Flanagan

McGeady - McCarthy - Gibson - Guttierrez

Keane - Long

I regularly beat teams with Ronaldos, Bales etc. They are probably screaming 'scripting'! But theyre probably just ****.

I'm working towards getting Moreno, Sterling, Hoolahan and Coutinho.

I came up against a fairly full specc'd German Team in the "For club nor Country" tournament the other day, whooped them 6-1 with my Serbian team, I'd bet they were absolutely raging, my striker has 67(i think) pace and scored a hat trick, HERO!!!

Djordaveic is the name or something close to it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

I came up against a fairly full specc'd German Team in the "For club nor Country" tournament the other day, whooped them 6-1 with my Serbian team, I'd bet they were absolutely raging, my striker has 67(i think) pace and scored a hat trick, HERO!!!

Djordaveic is the name or something close to it anyway!

Funnily enough I was taking the piss against a friend a few days ago and I put a 44 year old goalkeeper from the K league upfront and he did unspeakable things to defenders. His first touch and finesse shooting was unreal, it kind of put into perspective how broken fifa has become

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Must remember to buy as many Keane's as i can for the paddy's week tournament.
    Remember buying Long for 2-3k in Fifa 14 and getting 17k for him that week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Just had Lucas make up a couple of yards at full sprint on Di Maria to disposses him

The realism is astounding

Getting tempted to drop my German team and replace with a BBVA/Spanish team.

Already have the barebones of a better team; Bravo, Mascherano, Isco, Vela. I can use Torres, Javi Martinez and Xabi Alonso as well. Hernadez looks cheap enough, so is Coentrao. So all I'd need to figure out is a LM (or converted LW) and a RB....

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Getting tempted to drop my German team and replace with a BBVA/Spanish team.

Already have the barebones of a better team; Bravo, Mascherano, Isco, Vela. I can use Torres, Javi Martinez and Xabi Alonso as well. Hernadez looks cheap enough, so is Coentrao. So all I'd need to figure out is a LM (or converted LW) and a RB....

Buy Dos Santos.. He's the closest thing to Messi in game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Buy Dos Santos.. He's the closest thing to Messi in game.

Doesn't have a patch on Cerci.

Done with UT this year.

Fair play for even getting to D1.

I got to D2 and relegated straight away, same in D3 and more or less done in D4 too in the 3rd season from D2.

Haven't touched UT since.

Waste of time when the games are so unenjoyable.

Funnily enough I saw a clip the last day where a Dev was talking about 15 a few months back.

He specifically made the point about the clean tackles, how in previous FIFAs you didn't win the ball enough and that was tightened up.

It's WORSE this year, and that's not because of the game mechanics but the scripting.
    Considering a Dev said they tightened that up yet you have games where you feel 10 sections of the game heavily against you including something that's supposedly not meant to happen :confused:

The dribbling in 14 was atrocious, but at least the defending worked.
    It's completely ****ed now with attackers walking right through you or some other crap all too often.

The only saving grace for this game for me in Clubs, it's always an enjoyable experience.
    Seasons have just been diluted to the point where it's pointless to play(if even ye picked teams together so you could spread your opponents it would make it more playable, hate picking 5* and matching with Madrid every game) I think they wanted that anyway as it doesn't make them any money.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fúck EA for messing with the fitness. In previous games you could get three games out of a team before they'd drop into the 80's.

Now with my La Liga team after two matches, the average fitness of the team seems to 86-87.

• Advertisement

Build a second team?

Advertisement