Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,147 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

First time getting Fifa and first time playing FUT.

I have a Bundesliga team and a Premiership team.

Finding it really expense to move to the next level with the premier league team

Currently I have:

GK: Guzan
    CB: Lovern, Terry, Jones
    CM: Henderson, Allen
    L&RM: Pienar, Markovic
    CAM: Lallana
    CF: Kone and Gomis

I actually built the majority of the team reasonably cheap, but finding it really expensive to improve anyone.

The Bundesliga team is starting to pull away from them in terms of quality ...

Any tips or should I just build a different team?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

daRobot wrote: »
    I'm amazed that some of you guys are spending real money on FUT. I'd personally feel foolish spending 50 euro full stop, let alone per week, but to each his own, I suppose.

I'd personally feel foolish dropping €10 a day on cigarettes, or €100 on a drinking session on a Friday night. I know some people who drop €75 a week on a new game, and others who'd think we're all foolish for dropping that on Fifa to begin with.

I get more than my money's worth out of Fifa long term (even if not short term with stupid pack drops :P).

Im not going to lie ive been tempted to buy packs in the past but jesus if i dropped e50 on packs and didnt pull an expensive player id be raging. What a waste. But sure people can decide to spend their hard earned money on whatever they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I sold a player an two items today and didn't get the coins for it. Is there anything I can do?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I sold a player an two items today and didn't get the coins for it. Is there anything I can do?

Find a nice brick wall to bang your head against? About the most effective thing you can do :/

At best, if you get in touch with EA, you might get a free pack or two, but from what I've seen, when it happens, the coins are basically gone :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

You can contact EA about it. Might take a while but if your case is genuine they will do something about it

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Happened me a few times on the last fifa, contact them trough the live chat and they'll sort it, might take a few days though, but i got my coins in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'd personally feel foolish dropping €10 a day on cigarettes, or €100 on a drinking session on a Friday night. I know some people who drop €75 a week on a new game, and others who'd think we're all foolish for dropping that on Fifa to begin with.

I get more than my money's worth out of Fifa long term (even if not short term with stupid pack drops :P).

Ah I wasn't trying to imply that you're a fool, as you're clearly getting value (enjoyment) from what you spend , but personally I get the most satisfaction from playing the game and building my team with consideration and a tight budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Last year I contacted EA via chat several times, simply because my opponent was loosing, disconnected and I didn't get the win :D (no coins and no points), it took me at least 1 hour with them to come to a resolution but they always gave me a pack (Silver, Bronze, gold, contract pack....) :pac::pac:, I doubt they will give you coins but they should give you at least packs to cover the value of coins lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Just went to buy my favourite fifa player for Ultimate Team to find out he's not there :(

Rogerio Ceni, I will miss you :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I've bought me an IF Keane for 13k. Going to put him away now till March and see how much I get for him :P

Got Ashley Cole in my pre-order pack today; not bad going after Gundogan last week.

don't the normal cards get bumped up to IF stats after a few months?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Blazer wrote: »
    don't the normal cards get bumped up to IF stats after a few months?

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    No.

Potentially they can get close enough when the updated cards are released though no?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Potentially they can get close enough when the updated cards are released though no?

When players get updated cards, they are completely different cards. For instance if Fabregas gets an upgrade to 86 in January updates, on the market will be both his cards, but only his 86 card can be pulled from packs

Im going to play devils advocate here.

You can't grow your own tobacco and while you can brew your own beer it's a fair bit of hassle and takes a bit of skill.

You can however play UT without pumping real money into it.
    If you want fags/drink, you haven't got an alternative really.

TLDR: UT isn't reliant on using real money, in fact it's more or less always wasted and real improvement takes trading and transfer market buys :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,626 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

May as well take Ibarbo out of this game, joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

AdamD wrote: »
    May as well take Ibarbo out of this game, joke.

hehehehe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

F### EA! Played the other night, packed it in when I got a disconnection after an 'epic' game which I won. Just had a few games there and the last was against a Brazilian pace whore, was 6-2 down mainly due to yer man scoring from his kick offs, pulled it back to 6-6 in injury time... disconnection and got a loss. Seriously #### you EA, why does no other game I play have connection issues? This and your scamming in game purchases just go ####.

lol whimper

Edit: and wtf no fitness decrease in my players, doesn't add up that ****

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

Any of you guys making a Premier League squad? Who are your "must have's"? For me it's Matic and Koscielny and maybe Schurlle!

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Mongo wrote: »
    Any of you guys making a Premier League squad? Who are your "must have's"? For me it's Matic and Koscielny and maybe Schurlle!

Benteke so far for me, saving for schurrle at the moment though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Ross Barkley has been immense for me. Bony is a beast, bought lukaku but Bony is still better. Have him paired up front with Welbeck. Ben Arfa on the right. The rest of the team im improving as I go. Have Howard in goals and hes been pretty solid compared to previous keepers.

Matic

Ozil and Diego Costa were my two best, i packed in the premiership squad for a la liga one, i think its the best team to make, having the most fun with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Lloris is amazing in goal

Di Maria has been the best attacking EPL player I've used

Also Ideye, Henderson and Delph are the best value players I've used in the PL.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

Who are ye going for at the back?

Onuoha is decent and cheap, Koscielny is a beast if you have coins. Cahill decent and cheap enough also.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭SpuddMurphy

Wayne Rooney as a CAM is unbelievable if you've coins, 25 goals for me in 12 games, unbelievable passing and shooting, him linking up with Costa is why I'm doing so well atm

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Sterling if you can get him

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Best premiership player for in or around 20k?

Advertisement