Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

v3ttel wrote: »
    I'm finding that no matter how good or bad the opponents team is, the game is very tight. I've won 5 out of 6 now, and the scores have been: 3-2, 2-1, 3-2, 2-1, 3-2.

Hardly ever more than 1 goal in it. I find that very strange. In some games, my players will consistently run into each other, or I'll get a bunch of referring decisions against me. Something always seems to keep the game close.

Also, I hate the fact that running from the kick off is so effective.

I thought it was just me who was having trouble with kick offs. EA can't seem to get the simplest thing in football correct. Last year there was the boot it long kick off glitch and this year it's easy to run through on goal from kick off.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If defending at kickoff, just hang back some midfielders and don't rush them straight away. Easy enough to defend against once you get the knack of it.

4 IF De Gea's sold tonight for a profit of 100k :D Getting harder to replace him at low prices though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

I haven't played in a while, but in the last 2 days I increased the stats of my two top strikers :D:D:D

14szez5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

miralize wrote: »
    If you want to try the opposite end of the scale but be as effective, try Bernard as a striker. Not the most physically imposing, or imposing at all.. But he is so good at wriggling out of tight situations. 62 goals in 43 games for me.

Just on this. I played against someone who had him up top there and he scored 4. He was a nightmare to defend against

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

If you want to try the opposite end of the scale but be as effective, try Bernard as a striker. Not the most physically imposing, or imposing at all.. But he is so good at wriggling out of tight situations. 62 goals in 43 games for me.

Shhh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Parawind wrote: »
    Shhh!

No, it must be said!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

No, it must be said!

I claim copyright on him!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Parawind wrote: »
    I claim copyright on him!

You should really take a gander at the rest of my our team then :cool:

Ugh, near post shots. You can actually see how idiotic the keepers are on the replays. Completely broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Havent played more then 3 games. In last few weeks due to working away.

Baught 30€ worth of packs rather than going out.

Got lahm, alaba, boateng, kroos, 2x schurrle and a few more.

Got a falcao a few weeks back which i flogged for a lewondowski.

Team is now

Lewon. Gotze
    Reus. Schweinstger lahm. Aubeymang
    Alaba boateng hummels picskec
    Weidnfeller

Thinking of flogging lahm and putting gotze back to CM ..buying ribery as a LM and putting reus as a LF. Any suggestions?

Would love a robben but im at least 200k away lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

D_turbo wrote: »
    Baught 30€ worth of packs rather than going out.

That would have been a fairly crap night out in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

VeVeX wrote: »

lol paid the taxi at least.

Just got Reus'd there, just wow, couldn't even hack the wee sod, the guy knew what to do with him that's for sure - Poor Jagielka and Distin had no answer to him lol

I haven't seen any IF/TOTW card in all the packs I opened, mainly the 5k and 7.5k, am I doing anything wrong here or is it just my luck? also which packs do you recommend the 5K or the 7.5K?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

alwald wrote: »
    I haven't seen any IF/TOTW card in all the packs I opened, mainly the 5k and 7.5k, am I doing anything wrong here or is it just my luck? also which packs do you recommend the 5K or the 7.5K?

They're very rare, its all about luck, ive gotten 3 or 4 in the past 3 fifas all together. 7.5k gives you 3 rare items weither they're stadiums, players, constables etc. the 5k gives you 1 in each pack, so you will have a better chance with the 7.5k.

I think its even rarer when you use your coins you gained in games over actually buying fifa points and using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

VeVeX wrote: »

Haha. That cover pre drinks...i pocketed the rest i would have spent to pay for an lg g3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Looking for a bit of feedback. I have a BPL team, playing a 4231 with a cam and two Cdm's, I've saved up enough for a good cam but I'm not sure who to get. I currently have Coutinho but he just isn't physical enough, the options are Oscar, Mata, Ozil or anyone you suggest that I haven't thought of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Looking for a bit of feedback. I have a BPL team, playing a 4231 with a cam and two Cdm's, I've saved up enough for a good cam but I'm not sure who to get. I currently have Coutinho but he just isn't physical enough, the options are Oscar, Mata, Ozil or anyone you suggest that I haven't thought of.

Rooney

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭elefant

Playing with a bronze (and some silvers) Serie B team on the ps3. Some pretty nifty attacking players in serie B, but the defenders are fairly awful (and woefully slow).

It's pretty challenging trying to move up through the divisions while up against highly-rated all-gold sides. When I come up against a top goalkeeper it can be very tough to score goals. Enjoying the challenge though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

x43r0 wrote: »
    Rooney

It's not a bad idea but just a bit out of my price range at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭SpuddMurphy

If you've the coins Rooney definetely, strong, great shooting and passing, decent dribbling, and a little bit more pacey than you'd think but nothing special, chips in with a lot of goals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Had totted up just over 400k coins using my Serie A team. Tevez and Ibarbo rotating with each other works grand.

Id avoid Higuain. Hes terrible in the game.

Back in Division 1 and won the Any 11 cup. Decided to splash 25k coins on one of those promo packs and got SFA.

Not sure what to do now really as Im getting bored with the Serie A team. The amount of disconnections and errors at the end of games is a killer.

Not sure if its my shoddy net or what but I got to the final of that ANY 11 tournament on 4 different occasions to end up getting progress reset once and disconnected three times.

By the way, learn to master the chip shot. I can now score goals by chipping the keeper almost like it was back in the FIFA 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

I have both Mata and Oscar so I can rotate them. Both very good. Great passing, good dribbling, Oscar is a bit more physical and his long shot is good. Haven't used Ozil but is excellent when I've used Arsenal.

joe123 wrote: »
    Id avoid Higuain. Hes terrible in the game.

Really? Have found him by far to be the most consistent player I've been using. Heavily tempted to upgrade to his TOTW soon....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Didn't receive any coins after playing a game, and then got disconnected before starting another which cost me a game from the contract of all of my players in the team, including my Messi loan player! :mad:

So decided I may as well contact ea and they're sending my a premium god pack. Could be worse.

[edit] Jaysus your man has to get approval from his supervisor before giving me a pack! you'd think they'd want to avoid wasting time with this kinda crap

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Cjayses

Looking for a decent Serie A striker? The stats don't lie! Really surprised I haven't seen him in more teams.

Going to sell Oscar and try Rooney or Van Persie at CAM. Could be an expensive mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

J. Marston wrote: »
    Going to sell Oscar and try Rooney or Van Persie at CAM. Could be an expensive mistake.

Oscar's a beast and I'd pick him over both of them..
    especially at CAM where you want high dribbling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Guys, I bought the Ultimate Team Edition via the US psn network as discussed on here.

Now I got the options of star players on loan (took Hulk for 10 games) but never got any packs. In fact I only found out I was supposed to get packs after reading on forums.

So I got in touch with EA and they have me some code to redeem on the psn store, which I did and applied correctly.

But it's been about 12 days since I applied the code and nothing has shown anywhere. I'm supposed to get one pack a week for 40 weeks.

Any idea where you find them?

They should just show up in the store under a "My Packs" heading.

My worry would be I thought such codes had to be applied before a certain date (usually a week after the game launches) in order to get the packs...

• Advertisement

daRobot wrote: »
    Guys, I bought the Ultimate Team Edition via the US psn network as discussed on here.

Now I got the options of star players on loan (took Hulk for 10 games) but never got any packs. In fact I only found out I was supposed to get packs after reading on forums.

So I got in touch with EA and they have me some code to redeem on the psn store, which I did and applied correctly.

But it's been about 12 days since I applied the code and nothing has shown anywhere. I'm supposed to get one pack a week for 40 weeks.

Any idea where you find them?

Did you check the packs in your Irish PSN account or the US one? Because for me all the packs appear in the US one.

Advertisement