Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Keno wrote: »
    The new patch has slowed the game down, except for defenders. Every defender and their mother can catch up to the fast strikers and wingers now.

Yay! Down with pace w*****!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Liamalone wrote: »
    Yay! Down with pace w*****!

rb9ip2P.png

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

The new patch has slowed the game down, except for defenders. Every defender and their mother can catch up to the fast strikers and wingers now.

I wouldn't expect a lot of sympathy for that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Yeah, all right. Boo pace, boo! I built a team that catered to Fifa 15 - pace. I don't spend a cent on UT, and now I'm stuck with a load of players that have plummeted in value are effectively 'nerfed'. If the game was like this from the start I wouldn't have a problem.
    I wouldn't expect a lot of sympathy for that

I'm hardly looking for sympathy from a group of anonymous posters about changes to a video game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Yeah, all right. Boo pace, boo! I built a team that catered to Fifa 15 - pace. I don't spend a cent on UT, and now I'm stuck with a load of players that have plummeted in value are effectively 'nerfed'. If the game was like this from the start I wouldn't have a problem.

I'm hardly looking for sympathy from a group of anonymous posters about changes to a video game.

The one player that I struggle against is Lucas Moura, give him a try you never know.......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Annoyed by that. Not cause I use pace but because it's easy enough to defend against. Such a patch only rewards people who go All out attack and then get annoyed when their high line punishes them.

Can usually smack pace teams myself. Just go defensive and be careful of counter attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭SpuddMurphy

Right well I've 640k to spend, has anyone got any hybrid teams or just decent teams to win me Divison 1? or at least be very competitive and solid

well you were complaining and bitching to a group of anonymous posters about changes to a video game.

The patch hasnt changed the game that much anyway and the prices of all players have dropped recently as is natural,happens every year its not just your players.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

People make too much about these changes. It hasn't changed that much, before it everyone was complaining about how much pace is OP. Plus they fixed defending from kick off which is very welcome.

well you were complaining and bitching to a group of anonymous posters about changes to a video game.

The patch hasnt changed the game that much anyway and the prices of all players have dropped recently as is natural,happens every year its not just your players.

Yeah, went to sell a few the other day from my Italian team and found it was worth half what I paid :( Vidal had dropped from 40k to 20k :(

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeah, went to sell a few the other day from my Italian team and found it was worth half what I paid :( Vidal had dropped from 40k to 20k :(

swings and roundabouts as whoever you are replacing them with have dropped the same:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

swings and roundabouts as whoever you are replacing them with have dropped the same:)

Not necessarily, I payed about 7K for a player last week, he's worth half that if so at the moment and his replacement increased from 9K to 12K within the same period. It just depends you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Ultimate Team cards are essentially stocks in a stock market, prices will rise and drop, that's the risk you take. These patches are like say when the price of oil rises.

My team was made up of OP pacey players so it does hit me but I did think it was ridiculous how someone like Welbeck could run the pitch so regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Not much in the TOTW id go mad about, Vela tooks tasty though.

10419546_10152921601324759_827938986966443412_n.png?oh=e2bab1d6cc87f94dbeef9b18d97ac80a&oe=54FDD551

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

That's because of all the black Friday and cyber Monday packs causing a price crash.

Yeah.

Going back to trading De Gea now, going to try his SIF. Bale and Neymar are unreal, banging in goals and assists. Compared to other high price players, they actually feel and play like superstars. 6 games into Div 2, I am 4-1-1, so hopeful of promotion to Div 1 for first time this year. At the stage where when I stay in div 2, I can buy a pack of cards and roll the dice, while trying to build funds for Messi to play between the duo :)

Jesus prices are soared up on BPL anyway, the 84 rated IF De Gea was 80k few days ago now it's 120+ Di Maria was going for about 150k now minimum 200k..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Jesus prices are soared up on BPL anyway, the 84 rated IF De Gea was 80k few days ago now it's 120+ Di Maria was going for about 150k now minimum 200k..

The 84 one is still going for 81.5k

The 85 one is going for 110k

Unless you're talking about PSN, in which case you are correct

x43r0 wrote: »
    The 84 one is still going for 81.5k

The 85 one is going for 110k

Unless you're talking about PSN, in which case you are correct

Yea unfortunately I'm talking about PSN..

Psn prices seem more expensive for years now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Got promoted to Division 3, and still remain in Division 4. Highly annoying.

Going to get in touch with EA and see what can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

daRobot wrote: »
    Got promoted to Division 3, and still remain in Division 4. Highly annoying.

Going to get in touch with EA and see what can be done.

Nothing can be done unfortunately. All you can do is play through the division again.

On another subject I decided to buy the 2IF Tevez and IF Chiellini during the crash last week.

Its actually made me more inclined to think Scripting/momentum etc is definitely a factor. I went from being in Division 1 to getting relegated to Division 3. The Tevez card was useless for me and Im actually going to sell him on. I scored 8 goals in 18 with him :(

Im going to test a theory that the higher rated your team is, the worse the momentum can run against you. I built a crappy German squad for the tournament and won it on first try without any problems. Won the final 5-1.

So often you come up against teams with Legends/IFs and win.

With my Serie A squad, I've actually removed most of the higher rated players like Marchisio and brought in the likes of Honda. My IF's are gonezo too.

It is just a theory but I'm interested to see if I find a difference.

Regarding the patch, its a little annoying for me personally. The thing I was really good at (defending) has been made easier for those not so good at it. Grrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

joe123 wrote: »
    Nothing can be done unfortunately. All you can do is play through the division again.

Yep, that's what EA told me, but gave me three packs as compensation. Got nothing of great value though.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

Patch has turned my FIFA15 into FIFA14 what is going on :(

FIFA 15 was fun now it's shocking

Over the top ball is back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Well I tested out my theory last night.

Won 5 in a row with a team rated at 79 and beat teams 4-1, 5-1. The team felt fast and fluid.

Brought back my IF Tevez, team felt like it was stuck in the mud, lost 2 games in a row.

Got rid of Tevez again and won 3 in a row.

I have played with the regular version of Tevez and thought he was great. But its not just the IF that plays poorly, when I have a higher rated team, the sluggishness goes right across all players.

On one hand I think Im insane and on the other I feel like Ive proven there is a handicap.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

joe123 wrote: »
    Well I tested out my theory last night.

Won 5 in a row with a team rated at 79 and beat teams 4-1, 5-1. The team felt fast and fluid.

Brought back my IF Tevez, team felt like it was stuck in the mud, lost 2 games in a row.

Got rid of Tevez again and won 3 in a row.

I have played with the regular version of Tevez and thought he was great. But its not just the IF that plays poorly, when I have a higher rated team, the sluggishness goes right across all players.

On one hand I think Im insane and on the other I feel like Ive proven there is a handicap.

Your spot on , This happens me aswell .I was doing good with an average team ,Up to division 3 , then I bought loads of good players and straight away started to do terrible ,I then sold that team and started using a bunch of cheapo players and started to kick ass again , THEN (stupidly) I built a second deadly team and out of about 20 games I won 3 and drew 1 , so ive just sold everyone again and im gonna build a team of cheap guys again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

gizabeer wrote: »
    Your spot on , This happens me aswell .I was doing good with an average team ,Up to division 3 , then I bought loads of good players and straight away started to do terrible ,I then sold that team and started using a bunch of cheapo players and started to kick ass again , THEN (stupidly) I built a second deadly team and out of about 20 games I won 3 and drew 1 , so ive just sold everyone again and im gonna build a team of cheap guys again

Completely agree! My squads are normally worth about 10k. I use OP strikers usually worth about 1.5k each and then two pacey CAMs with 4/5 star skills(4-2-2-2) normally from either shakhtar, the turkish or portuguese league, strong agile CDMs and pacey defenders. My teams are usually rated between 78-80 depending on who I'm resting. I'm in division 2 now and the squads I'm coming up against are usually rated 85+ with the likes RVP and Aguero up front and Robben and co. on the wing. I still win most matches, normally if I lose it's down to a stupid pass at the back from me and he intercepts and is 1 on 1.

I've also played a match with a full silver Serie B squad against an 85 rated team with Di Maria and Rooney and got a 3-3 draw, bottling a 3-1 lead. I initially thought it was that I had become a FIFA god, but then I played my friend offline and lost 5-0 lol. So it's either some players are way OP or the players we are playing are ****.

For what it's worth, since I got Bale and Neymar leading my team, I've rocketed up the divisions :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

For what it's worth, since I got Bale and Neymar leading my team, I've rocketed up the divisions :pac:

whats the rest of your team like ? have u a link? cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

So my UT is basically half broken now. In the final of the Gold Cup, which is the main thing I play, and I keep getting an "Error connecting to game" message when I try to play it. Apparently it's a widespread problem and now I'll have to stick to seasons, which are rage-inducing or friendlies, which lack any form of competitive edge.

EA's solution? Go back to PS3 and reset the tournament. If you don't have a PS3 anymore? Tough.

Advertisement