Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

gamer1234 wrote: »
    I've a premier league team at the moment doing ok but just fancy a change ive Costa and falcao up front but don't seem to play well together.
    Full team is
    Hart
    Walker
    Onouha
    Koscieley
    Moreno
    Willian
    Matic
    Oscar
    Schrulle
    Costa
    Falcao
    Open to change my plan was to sell all and start again but I'm easy. I prices the team and its worth about 135,000

I think you'd do better with a pacey striker up with Costa

I'd recommend swapping out Falcao with Sturridge or Remy

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭gamer1234

Thanks for that,what about the defence?? Sometimes hart lets in soft goals but he's unreal 1 on 1 and brilliant reflexes

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

I'm having an awful time at the moment. I've upgraded my BPL squad over the last while bringing in the likes of Rooney, Falcao, Costa and Hazard but I play better and win more when I have Mata, Balotelli and Schurlle instead of those guys. Story with that like?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

x43r0 wrote: »
    I think you'd do better with a pacey striker up with Costa

I'd recommend swapping out Falcao with Sturridge or Remy

The amount of teams I've come up against with Sturridge and Remy up front. There's a reason they're 2 of the 3 highest scorers

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'd stick with Falcao, I've used him before and he is lethal. One of the elite players that really lives up to his rating in the game.

He was always in the right position and it's basically impossible to miss with him. Put a hunter card on him and he'll have more than enough pace, not that he needs it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

My strikers are Remy and Di Maria {with his position modified to ST}, with Sturridge on the bench. Had Costa and sold him, had Aguero and sold him too... make sure in the team instructions tab that you tell Remy to try and get behind the defense as opposed to being a target man, his pace for through balls in unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Copa Mundial

I've had Sturridge for 4 games now and I find him immense. Surprised at how much of a physical presence he is, and with him and Balotelli up front there's very few centre backs that can muscle them out.

Made a cheap sweaty bpl team to tide me over until I get my reg team back.

Remy and Sturridge up front together is like easy mode

x43r0 wrote: »
    Made a cheap sweaty bpl team to tide me over until I get my reg team back.

Remy and Sturridge up front together is like easy mode

Are you serious?? What's your team

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

I'm confused about the market crash? What kind of players should you be buying before-hand to make serious coins?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Copa Mundial

Could someone comment on any of these? Saving towards 50k and they're all in the running.

Diego Costa.
    Van Persie.
    Rooney, ST and CAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Could someone comment on any of these? Saving towards 50k and they're all in the running.

Diego Costa.
    Van Persie.
    Rooney, ST and CAM.

had costa for a few days, and then got rid of him wasnt too impressed, could of been that he doesnt work well with falcao or that my team didnt play well together too though. ended up selling my whole team and had one of the guys on the EA forums build me this team http://www.futhead.com/15/squads/15473866/ works really well together and is good against the pacier teams too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

chips1234 wrote: »
    had costa for a few days, and then got rid of him wasnt too impressed, could of been that he doesnt work well with falcao or that my team didnt play well together too though. ended up selling my whole team and had one of the guys on the EA forums build me this team http://www.futhead.com/15/squads/15473866/ works really well together and is good against the pacier teams too.

I had inform reid in my team for ages. gotta say i definitely found him a lot better then I thought he would be.

I just was playing a game in div 5 ultimate team with Costa and Dzeko upfront as sturridge was injured. Dzeko got 4 in the first half unreal runs and finishing worked well with Costa,I was 7-0 up with 2 mins left a win would have won me the league and got disconnected by ea surprise surprise.

gamer1234 wrote: »
    Are you serious?? What's your team

De Gea

Mangala
    Koscielny
    Onouha

Ramires
    Fernandinho

Schurrle
    Coutinho
    Walcott

Remy
    Sturridge

Pace all over

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I finally have enough coins to afford Reus! Obviously I'm going to wait until the market crash to get him cheaper though. Hopefully I'll have enough cash to left to invest or buy some other good players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

I finally have enough coins to afford Reus! Obviously I'm going to wait until the market crash to get him cheaper though. Hopefully I'll have enough cash to left to invest or buy some other good players.

Reus is absolutely incredible. A really great player and scores loads of goals. A far better player than Robben imo, as I've used both.

daRobot wrote: »
    Reus is absolutely incredible. A really great player and scores loads of goals. A far better player than Robben imo, as I've used both.

I have to agree - Reus has been one of the best attacking players I've used. I played much better with him than I did with Ronaldo, Messi, Robben. Not saying he's better than those three, just that he seemed to suit my playstyle better

What position do ye play him?

What position do ye play him?

I had him both LW/LF

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Hi guys just found this thread I haven't been a member long but I'm a bit of an ultimate team addict :) I'm not the best at playing the game but I love the trading end of it. Agree with the posts above tho reus is the best value for money forward in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

why is there going to be a market crash,can someone explain it to me,i have 300k of coins is it better to open a load of packs or wait till the crash(what date will it happen)?

soap1978 wrote: »
    why is there going to be a market crash,can someone explain it to me,i have 300k of coins is it better to open a load of packs or wait till the crash(what date will it happen)?

I'm not an expert. But essentially what is going to happen is the FIFA world XI is going to be released next week (I think the 12th) and so in FUT there will be special cards released of all of the players in the team as upgraded TOTY cards. So everyone ends up selling all their players to buy packs in the hopes of getting one of the TOTY cards and the value of other players declines significantly as a result.

I'm not an expert. But essentially what is going to happen is the FIFA world XI is going to be released next week (I think the 12th) and so in FUT there will be special cards released of all of the players in the team as upgraded TOTY cards. So everyone ends up selling all their players to buy packs in the hopes of getting one of the TOTY cards and the value of other players declines significantly as a result.

This

Due to people opening lots of packs trying to get some TOTY cards, the market becomes flooded with players which drives prices down

thats basically it mate and they will have happy hours and specials on all week but if I remember correctly from past few years the january market crash wont be a great big amount compared to what happenes from march onwards, the consumable prices are the biggest movers in january fitness team gold cards should go down to about 300-400 and a week later they will be back to 800 last year they went as high as 1200

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

In previous years they've released the cards at different stages. Goalie and defense first, midfield and forwards after. Crash will be at its worst/best when the forwards are out, Messi Ronaldo and Suarez will likely be the 3 forwards so people be packing like mad for those 3

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

In previous years they've released the cards at different stages. Goalie and defense first, midfield and forwards after. Crash will be at its worst/best when the forwards are out, Messi Ronaldo and Suarez will likely be the 3 forwards so people be packing like mad for those 3

Saw some people saying it's likely that the team will be announced tomorrow, starting the downward trend as people start selling up. Goalkeepers Monday, Defenders Tuesday, Midfielders Wednesday, Strikers Thursday, with the trend continuing all week, with the major crash when the strikers comes out.

Look to be going in with 3.5m. I want Ronaldo and after that, I don't care....

Lord TSC wrote:
    Saw some people saying it's likely that the team will be announced tomorrow, starting the downward trend as people start selling up. Goalkeepers Monday, Defenders Tuesday, Midfielders Wednesday, Strikers Thursday, with the trend continuing all week, with the major crash when the strikers comes out.

it will be announced the day of the fifa team of the year and ballon d'or and usually they leave it a day after that the first batch of defenders and keeper, the ballon d'or is on the 12th of January this year so it cant be before that so id say it will be tuesday next week before they announce it and packs come on Wednesdays same time as totw

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Has anyone ever used IF Aguero ? and if so how did he compare to any other top strikers ? cheers

• Advertisement

This Sturridge-Remy pairing is becoming comical. Chip through ball from the centre circle to Remy for the tap-in

Cue opponent rage quit :pac:

Advertisement