Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

is anyone else shockingly bad at defending? they seem to walk around me but i cant do the same, usually have to run it down the wing and cross or work it into the box......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Have 2200 fifa points for packs. What's my play here? Where's the best value?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

is anyone else shockingly bad at defending? they seem to walk around me but i cant do the same, usually have to run it down the wing and cross or work it into the box......

would say stop mashing the standing tackle button, hold L2/LB and try and jockey him and make a well timed tackle instead, most of the time the run straight into you. it takes getting used to though. my defensive woes are now coming from C*nts running along the end line and cutting in completely bypassing my whole defence and basically having a tap in :pac:

7 300 FP's jumbo packs and a 100 FP pack

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

chips1234 wrote: »
    would say stop mashing the standing tackle button, hold L2/LB and try and jockey him and make a well timed tackle instead, most of the time the run straight into you. it takes getting used to though. my defensive woes are now coming from C*nts running along the end line and cutting in completely bypassing my whole defence and basically having a tap in :pac:

yeah that seems to be the only way i can win the ball back! or an unreal slide tackle that usually ends up in a yellow card but ill take it if its not a goal...

one thing that really pisses me off aswell is when one of their players just runs into you and they get a free.... i preferred last years fifa if im honest and i wasnt too happy about that game either!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

yeah that seems to be the only way i can win the ball back! or an unreal slide tackle that usually ends up in a yellow card but ill take it if its not a goal...

one thing that really pisses me off aswell is when one of their players just runs into you and they get a free.... i preferred last years fifa if im honest and i wasnt too happy about that game either!

I am totally terrible at defending and creating chances which means I just suck at this game haha usually ill end a game with 5 shots on goal and they are all on target so I guess I'm only shooting when I have a clear shot I usually do score 3 of them in fairness but my problem is that the other team is after getting 10 shots on goal in mean time and scoring 4 lol. Anyway last few days I've built two excellent teams and decided to study different ways of defending I started using the r1 button to call a defender to tackle the ball for me and I'd be close by incase he ****ed I've found this works brilliant for me especially in my premier league team in using yaya as a cdm so he can cover alot of ground and is brilliant at defending if needed and if he gets the ball he can give a good long pass also. This works great also if he rubs down the wing I send my fullbacks to take him out and if he does get a cross in I'm in the middle with yaya to clear the ball. In my German team its not so simple I'm using lahm in cdm he is good but doesn't have the strength of yaya.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Stay away from the 25k/350FP packs.

You can get one or two non-rare silver players in those packs, which is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Folks i've kinda only got serious with UT just before christmas. What is the best way to make money ? Obviously I know buy low sell high but who is a good player to use this tactic on ?

just pulled bale and tevez in the same pack first pack i open after deciding to bite the bullet and buy some :D

EDIT: and IF juaquin

Also how do you tell the differences between in form players or do ya just guage from real life ?

• Advertisement

14murphy wrote: »
    Also how do you tell the differences between in form players or do ya just guage from real life ?

their cards are black, team of the year cards are blue

just pulled bale and tevez in the same pack first pack i open after deciding to bite the bullet and buy some :D

EDIT: and IF juaquin

Nice! What packs did u pull them from

Nice! What packs did u pull them from

the 15k packs

their cards are black, team of the year cards are blue

Oh so thats why all the stats are vastly improved. Tempted to invest in some fifa points. Best place to get them ?

Oh so thats why all the stats are vastly improved. Tempted to invest in some fifa points. Best place to get them ?

psn store or if your on xbox whatever the equivalent is there

sound

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

One for the "Give them a second chance" files.

Had tried RVP and Falcao before but really didn't like them. But given I'm sitting with Ronaldo on my trade pile, decided to make a cheap team till I get my 3m coins back. Noticed the duo were sub 20k now so got them.

My god, I'm banging in goals with them now. Just unreal, and all types too. The two are doing me really well. Now, if I could just learn to defend properly/stop getting hit by stupid moments from the AI, I'd be set.

Anyone else feel there's alot more sweaty teams this weekend; just constantly facing Doumbia.

And things seem to be starting to sell again! Two IF Shawcross' and 1 IF Young sold this morning for 40k profit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Folks i've kinda only got serious with UT just before christmas. What is the best way to make money ? Obviously I know buy low sell high but who is a good player to use this tactic on ?

Start of with selling kits , you can get lots of kits for 150 - 1500 and then flip them for 2500 - 5000 , you just need to check thw web app a few times a day to keep your stock levels up, you can make 20000 +++ coins easily a day, then when you have about 100k start on the cheaper informs as well as the kits and after a few weeks move on to the better informs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

After a few days of playing with it I've gotten rid of my Borussia Munich team because I realised I was letting the players dictate the formation (4-3-2-1) when I am not good at playing with wide men up top. I'm more effective with two pacey strikers up top and spamming lofted through balls like a scumbag :o

Running with this XI now and it feels much better

gbMjnFK.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

x43r0 wrote: »
    After a few days of playing with it I've gotten rid of my Borussia Munich team because I realised I was letting the players dictate the formation (4-3-2-1) when I am not good at playing with wide men up top. I'm more effective with two pacey strikers up top and spamming lofted through balls like a scumbag :o

gbMjnFK.png

People like you are the ones who ruin this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

x43r0 wrote: »

gbMjnFK.png

I don't understand how anybody can enjoy a game of football if the only thing that they are good at is lofting balls left, right and center, does it happen in a real game? no, would you enjoy watching a real football game with constant lofted balls?

People like you are the ones who ruin this game.

Nope its people like you that don't learn to defend against it :) I'd prefer someone lobbing in threw balls then someone spamming crosses or spamming skill moves or spamming 30 yard shots at goalkeeper. Any defender with over 70 pace can defend lofted balls :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Eden Hazard? Yes, please!

:D:) :pac:

I.E. I just packed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

gizabeer wrote: »
    The prices are low now but they will dip later today for the 100k packs , Informs should go down by about another 20% but will shoot back up in price quicker than regular players , If you have a team in mind then build it today as some people keep waiting for the prices to go lower and lower and then suddenly the prices start to creep up and they've missed the boat .

Keep an eye on Futbin and check to see how low any of the players you want have dropped to earlier in the week, Last Sunday or Monday were probably the cheapest.

Yup, I should've bought when they first came out. My squad costed around 700k and its price now is roughly a mil :pac: should go back down to 800k hopefully

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jayo26 wrote: »
    Nope its people like you that don't learn to defend against it :) I'd prefer someone lobbing in threw balls then someone spamming crosses or spamming skill moves or spamming 30 yard shots at goalkeeper. Any defender with over 70 pace can defend lofted balls :)

Agreed here. Lofted through balls are easy to defend against tbh. Just don't go full attack and high pressing. If I find someone can't defend something, I'll always look to take advantage of it.

How's TOTY DiMaria? Stats look crazy...

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Agreed here. Lofted through balls are easy to defend against tbh. Just don't go full attack and high pressing. If I find someone can't defend something, I'll always look to take advantage of it.

How's TOTY DiMaria? Stats look crazy...

Exactly my thinking mate if I come up agains hummels I'm gonna loft balls over him bit wont try go around him but if I'm up against Ramos or Miranda I wont loft balls unless they are all out attack :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I see on the Twitter that they EA are going to release limited edition packs at 7pm / 9pm /11pm limited quantities....

Server going to melt!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I see on the Twitter that they EA are going to release limited edition packs at 7pm / 9pm /11pm limited quantities....

Server going to melt!

Ideal time to invest in squad?? Yes please, thank you EA

Lads, I got two diego costas and id love to send my younger brother one. How do I do that the easiest way? I know trades are gone in FUT 15 but can someone tell me how?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Server going to melt!

they're 100k packs aren't they ? feck that i'd rather buy 6 of the 15k packs

Advertisement