Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 15

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Ah dude... thats bad form. You've tons of coins and there's a chance that the guy who makes the mistake has worked his way up and then accidently messes up his big purchase. No need to potentially give some kid the heartbreak...

Now you have just given him a moral dilema over a ................. game lol.

That same little kid probably leaves cut scenes play threw when he scores and passes the ball around the back when he gets a lucky goal... I say do it do it do it :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

jayo26 wrote: »
    Now you have just given him a moral dilema over a ................. game lol.

That same little kid probably leaves cut scenes play threw when he scores and passes the ball around the back when he gets a lucky goal... I say do it do it do it :):):)

It might just be a game but its also a time investment. Be part of the solution not the problem. 😛

Besides Lord tsc comes across as a good guy and good community member in all his posts. Would be shocked if the idea wasn't one born out if immediate frustration.

It might just be a game but its also a time investment. Be part of the solution not the problem. 😛

Besides Lord tsc comes across as a good guy and good community member in all his posts. Would be shocked if the idea wasn't one born out if immediate frustration.

Ahh I understand that I was just humouring myself lol. I've made same mistake myself with fabregas last year was sickened

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ah, it is in part. But most of my coins have come from the same basic ideology; there's people who don't check through players for the cheapest card available and instead opt to just buy rashly. I made my coins by buying a tonne of IF cards, doubling their price and hoping people just buy without checking the lowest BIN.

I'd personally feel someone who accidently buys an IF for SIF price is someone who hasn't "worked their way up", but rather someone who has a tonne of coins and doesn't care about getting the cheapest option. Someone with more coins than sense, earned through whatever means. The overwhelming majority of people will check the card stats and get the lowest price possible; I'm hoping it's one of the others who have 10m sitting in the bank so just search for "Benzema" and buy the first one they see....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Ah dude... thats bad form. You've tons of coins and there's a chance that the guy who makes the mistake has worked his way up and then accidently messes up his big purchase. No need to potentially give some kid the heartbreak...

Same as any other marketplace. There's wolves and sheep. Caveat emptor etc etc

I personally wouldn't give it a seconds thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ah, it is in part. But most of my coins have come from the same basic ideology; there's people who don't check through players for the cheapest card available and instead opt to just buy rashly. I made my coins by buying a tonne of IF cards, doubling their price and hoping people just buy without checking the lowest BIN.

I'd personally feel someone who accidently buys an IF for SIF price is someone who hasn't "worked their way up", but rather someone who has a tonne of coins and doesn't care about getting the cheapest option. Someone with more coins than sense, earned through whatever means. The overwhelming majority of people will check the card stats and get the lowest price possible; I'm hoping it's one of the others who have 10m sitting in the bank so just search for "Benzema" and buy the first one they see....

I think the difference for me is that listing in forms isn't misleading anyone on what they're receiving. They're getting the player they think they are, even if they're paying way over the odds. But the other way is basically trying to trick someone into buying something different than they want. It's like selling someone a Ralex instead of a Rolex...

I get that it's an open market and people can list for what they want but I come from the ideology that setting the right example for the community is the good thing. It's why I wouldn't watch replays even if my opponent watches everyone. Better to be polite in that situation imo. Fifa etiquette is ropey at the best of times. Don't see the need to add to the issue.

Btw this is in no way a dig since I'd view you as one of the better members of this particular little segment of the community. (And boards is a good one too)

No, I get where you're coming from and it's a fair stance.

My thoughts would be that no one is buying said player blind; the quickest of quick glances would let you see its an 84 rated player, not an 85 like it's surrounded by. Again, if you're someone who is hard pressed for coins and you've been saving up, I'd imagine you're going to be very careful when choosing the card to buy (I still get anxious every time I go to buy a player over 500k :P).

I've seen a lot of people make good coins by doing it with the likes of Lacazette and Pogba. And it's praying more on the people who have more coins than sense; it's not that it's a blind card they are buying, and they don't get to examine it before they buy it. It's praying on the type of person who doesn't spend even a second researching a card's price or stats, and to me, that type of person is likely someone who hasn't "earned" their coins, so to speak, and doesn't value them. So if they've got coins to burn like that, I'll happily take them. Especially on a player I spent that many coins on 48 hours ago :P

Anyway, it's not working anyway. Going to cash out and take the 1m coins he's worth and suffer the loss. I'll still have 2m coins spare anyway.

Finally breaking out of my losing streak. 4 wins on the trot, followed by a loss to an Italian side with Doumbia :( Scored 3 goals but he scored 4, continually spamming the kick-off flaw :( Still, Suarez and Lacazette are proving to be such a great partnership for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Suarez and Lacazette are proving to be such a great partnership for me :D

what squad did you make with them in the end

At the moment, it's...
    Neuer
    Clichy - IF Benatia - Boateng - Aves
    IF Vidal - Khedira
    IF Pogba
    James
    IF Lacazette - Suarez

I tried the Kos-Varane combo but felt the Bayern players provided a stronger trio for me. Still tempted to switch out Vidal for Mathudi, who'd probably link better. But since I've started winning again, I don't want to do anything yet...even afriad to upgrade Pogba and Lacazette to their SIFs...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I think the difference for me is that listing in forms isn't misleading anyone on what they're receiving. They're getting the player they think they are, even if they're paying way over the odds. But the other way is basically trying to trick someone into buying something different than they want. It's like selling someone a Ralex instead of a Rolex...

I get that it's an open market and people can list for what they want but I come from the ideology that setting the right example for the community is the good thing. It's why I wouldn't watch replays even if my opponent watches everyone. Better to be polite in that situation imo. Fifa etiquette is ropey at the best of times. Don't see the need to add to the issue.

Btw this is in no way a dig since I'd view you as one of the better members of this particular little segment of the community. (And boards is a good one too)

Whoa now! Philosophy forum that way http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=443

:D:D

• Advertisement

Totally no value in market anymore even with a good bit of money saved I have all I can unless I could go and buy Ronaldo or messi. Kinda messes up the game. Gonna spend 300k on packs for sake of it see what comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Totally no value in market anymore even with a good bit of money saved I have all I can unless I could go and buy Ronaldo or messi. Kinda messes up the game. Gonna spend 300k on packs for sake of it see what comes out.

Get anything good?

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Get anything good?
    Spent the whole 300k and no messing have neymar and ribbery and Suarez to show for it. Already have them so up for sale worth over 2 mil

And that was on 7.5k packs?

And that was on 7.5k packs?

Yhh mate only packs on sale at moment

Yhh mate only packs on sale at moment

That's amazing :)

That's amazing :)

Ha I thought so too lol. Luck won't last long

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I sold FIFA back in December since i had gotten pretty bored with it. Picked up PES and have been playing that since...

....I'm now bored with PES and i've bought FIFA again.
    Time to buy Doumbia for some sweet link up with Ibarbo

I also bought a twin pack of Lynx for the sweatiness :p

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

Anyone not able to play online? Keep trying and keep getting "Unable to find an opponent......" BS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Mongo wrote: »
    Anyone not able to play online? Keep trying and keep getting "Unable to find an opponent......" BS

Check your NAT type.
    Try to make sure its set to Open or at worse Moderate.

• Advertisement

Hate asking, but would anyone be able to gift me the level 35 transfer increase for FUT? <snip>

Hate asking, but would anyone be able to gift me the level 35 transfer increase for FUT? <snip>

I think I can mate I've never gifted any of them what console are u on

I'm on ps4 Jayo. would be so grateful. I'm not sure how to do it tho. my psid is Poet85. can send some coins your way for the hassle :)

I'm on ps4 Jayo. would be so grateful. I'm not sure how to do it tho. my psid is Poet85. can send some coins your way for the hassle :)

Add me mate its jayo26

Done cheers :)

Done cheers :)

I'll be on later mate

Anyone up for a few games later tonight of ultimate team on ps4 be online about half ten for an hour or so. Psn is jayo26 just let me know who u are if your adding me cheers

I'll def get ye a game some night. I'm out tonight so won't get on til later if at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I just can't seem to win games lately now :( one of them usual FIFA losing streaks

• Advertisement

I just can't seem to win games lately now :( one of them usual FIFA losing streaks

Everyone goes threw that I've gone from div 2 down to div 5 in space of few days

Advertisement