Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

or have same rated players play each other, and its weird because I sold TOTY Di Maria who is higher rated than ronaldo

and now I cant string 2 passes together

I even get handicap using players like Aguero or Reus

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

i just spoke to an advisor and he said its handicapping. think of the lower rated players who lose he said ha
    so what the point of releasing TOTY players and having ronaldos and messi's when you play better with a lower rated player

An advisor from ea?

I don't think handicapping exists. However there is variance scripted Into the game and that's a good thing. It would be bad game design to create a game were the better player always wins. That's chess and computer games shouldn't be chess.

this variance happens when playing with low rated teams too it just isn't as noticeable because your expectations are lower. When Toty Iniesta misplaces a pass it feels wrong, when Ramires does it doesn't seem like that big a deal.

Is it frustrating of course it is, but it is good business sense to keep it in the game since it ensures that everyone had a chance of winning a match. Also it's still very possible to win the games were your team are playing poorly.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 AnthonyWalsh07

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    An advisor from ea?

I don't think handicapping exists. However there is variance scripted Into the game and that's a good thing. It would be bad game design to create a game were the better player always wins. That's chess and computer games shouldn't be chess.

this variance happens when playing with low rated teams too it just isn't as noticeable because your expectations are lower. When Toty Iniesta misplaces a pass it feels wrong, when Ramires does it doesn't seem like that big a deal.

Is it frustrating of course it is, but it is good business sense to keep it in the game since it ensures that everyone had a chance of winning a match. Also it's still very possible to win the games were your team are playing poorly.

yes an ea advisor he says here its basically handicapping

Ankit: Can you please tell me that the player's in opponent team are of very lower rank than of yours.
    you: yes sometimes my team would be stronger sometimes not
    Ankit: Okay Anthony I want to inform you that its a in game feature name Handicapped feature of FIFA where the strong players are supposed to play like handicapped against weak opponents so that it would not be a one sided match .
    Ankit: So please don't worry .
    Ankit: Okay Anthony .
    Ankit: Anthony are you there ?
    you: so i have to sell my players to lower rated players to play better ha. whats the point of there being high rated players
    you: ultimate team is about playing with teams you want ot build and play with :(
    you: thank you for you're help anyways i appreciate it
    Ankit: No if you will play with your level ranked player you will surely get a great match .

i tested my ronaldo team in divsion 2 with a bronze bench rated 79 and he scored 6 in a game and a half after 1 guy quit. my team passed and the game played at a much quicker pace

i know people dont believe in handicapping and i never really thought about it but my theory on it is that it does exist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Amazing that they confirmed the handicapping, as it always seemed to be just rumours.

Personally, my 85 rated team still plays ok, but my 80 rated Russian league team seems to be much quicker/dynamic.

daRobot wrote: »
    Amazing that they confirmed the handicapping, as it always seemed to be just rumours.

Personally, my 85 rated team still plays ok, but my 80 rated Russian league team seems to be much quicker/dynamic.

i have had 85 rated teams with the likes of reus and robben aswell and they played great but for whatever reason since I got ronaldo its been sluggish

suprsrised they confirmed it aswell ha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

So I sold my German team consisting of robben and Reus ect on friday i got close to 5 mil for it but I still have a Spanish league team with sif benzema and neymar and bale in it that I love playing with but I interchange teams every second game for fitness so I built myself another Italian league team with all players I had in my club that I pulled from packs it has doumbia and all in it so its still I decent team its rated 82, anyway I'm in division 2 now and after 7 games I have won 4 and lost 3 so take a guess which team I won all four games with.... It was the Italian league team, I don't consider myself to be using pace all the time either I score a mixture of goals but the Italian team just seems so much better then my Spanish team. The players are in better passing positions and seem to just be in the right places all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

i have had 85 rated teams with the likes of reus and robben aswell and they played great but for whatever reason since I got ronaldo its been sluggish

suprsrised they confirmed it aswell ha

Yep, my team is basically a dortmund/bayern hybrid.

My end goal was to get Ronaldo and build a laliga squad, but from your experience (and a few others on here) he seems to do more harm to a team than good.

Might give a front three of neymar, suarez and bale a bash instead.

Yep, my team is basically a dortmund/bayern hybrid.

My end goal was to get Ronaldo and build a laliga squad, but from your experience (and a few others on here) he seems to do more harm to a team than good.

Might give a front three of neymar, suarez and bale a bash instead.

get him if you can he could play great for you cause 90% ive heard is just good things about his card , if not try lower rated players on your bench

seems to be playing like 1 of the best players in the game for me now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Not to be a doubting thomas but you get banned and your posts deleted for even mentioning handicapping on the EA forum. I just don't see them confirming it. A screen shot would be a good way to set me straight tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭elefant

Not to be a doubting thomas but you get banned and your posts deleted for even mentioning handicapping on the EA forum. I just don't see them confirming it. A screen shot would be a good way to set me straight tho.

'Okay Anthony I want to inform you that its a in game feature name Handicapped feature of FIFA where the strong players are supposed to play like handicapped against weak opponents so that it would not be a one sided match'

And this doesn't sound much like an official communication.

'Play like handicapped'? :pac:

• Advertisement

i have the transcript of the chat sent to my email how would i copy that on this??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If you have a genuine transcript, you can pretty much destroy EA by confirming something they've denied for years.

I do believe there is such a system in place (I had similar problems with Ronaldo), but I can't believe someone would confirm it in an official capacity.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If you have a genuine transcript, you can pretty much destroy EA by confirming something they've denied for years.

I do believe there is such a system in place (I had similar problems with Ronaldo), but I can't believe someone would confirm it in an official capacity.

yeah i can forward an email to anyone who wants to read it

found it strange when he confirmed it myself

yeah i can forward an email to anyone who wants to read it

found it strange when he confirmed it myself

Just take a picture of screen

jayo26 wrote: »
    Just take a picture of screen

how do i post that pic up here then?

Anyway in the name of science I said id do a quick experiment on what we have been talking about I played 3 games.

The first game I played using my Spanish league team with all proper subs, I put silver all attributes modifier in sif benzema and my team rating was 87 att 87 midfield and 84 defence playing 343. I was getting beaten 1 nil at half time so I decided to change benzema for doumbia and he ended up scoring 3 goals and result was a draw 3 goals each.

The second game I played my Spanish team again but I changed the subs for all bronze players rated below 49 I got my overall team rating down to 80 I didn't use any modifier on any players the results were unreal benzema played like doumbia and neymar was brilliant I won 5-2 i found i won alot more 50/50 balls.

My third game was with Italian team of doumbia and courdrado and if mertins on left. I have chilleni and vidal and pogba in team also its usually rated 83 so i used all bronze subs again and got rating down to 76 and as above the team played brilliant all passing was spot on and players seemed stronger. I won game 3 nil and I'm promoted to div 1 for first time in a while.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Anyway in the name of science I said id do a quick experiment on what we have been talking about I played 3 games.

The first game I played using my Spanish league team with all proper subs, I put silver all attributes modifier in sif benzema and my team rating was 87 att 87 midfield and 84 defence playing 343. I was getting beaten 1 nil at half time so I decided to change benzema for doumbia and he ended up scoring 3 goals and result was a draw 3 goals each.

The second game I played my Spanish team again but I changed the subs for all bronze players rated below 49 I got my overall team rating down to 80 I didn't use any modifier on any players the results were unreal benzema played like doumbia and neymar was brilliant I won 5-2 i found i won alot more 50/50 balls.

My third game was with Italian team of doumbia and courdrado and if mertins on left. I have chilleni and vidal and pogba in team also its usually rated 83 so i used all bronze subs again and got rating down to 76 and as above the team played brilliant all passing was spot on and players seemed stronger. I won game 3 nil and I'm promoted to div 1 for first time in a while.

good to hear mate, i was starting to doubt myself wondering was it all in my head ha

good to hear mate, i was starting to doubt myself wondering was it all in my head ha

I know the feeling I was same but I never bothered trying it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Post a screen shot of the email or it didn't happen.

Post a screen shot of the email or it didn't happen.

how do i post a screen shot?

• Advertisement

Use the snipping tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Use snip

Or press control-alt-print screen and just paste it to word

Use the snipping tool.

what type of file do i save it as? sorry im useless at this stuff

Price of messi is slowly dropping he was down to lower 8 million mark this morning I donno what he is at now

what type of file do i save it as? sorry im useless at this stuff

Didn't happen so.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Use the "Prt Sc" (Print Screen) button and paste it into paint.
    Save the image as a jpeg and upload it to wthax.org.
    Post the link here.

You probably won't be able to post the actual image here as your post count is too low, but you should be able to post the link (I think).

saying i cant post images or urls

image/120137

thats the number of the image of the website you said to upload it to if you can find it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

saying i cant post images or urls

image/120137

thats the number of the image of the website you said to upload it to if you can find it

I threw them up into an imgur album too: http://imgur.com/a/OplkW

This is mental - I'm getting myself a crapy bronze bench for the rest of my games

• Advertisement

x43r0 wrote: »
    I threw them up into an imgur album too

This is mental - I'm getting myself a crapy bronze bench for the rest of my games

appreciate that thanks

Advertisement