Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

x43r0 wrote: »
    I threw them up into an imgur album too: http://imgur.com/a/OplkW

This is mental - I'm getting myself a crapy bronze bench for the rest of my games

What I did straight away after reading Jayo's post :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

#graspingatstraws

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Liamalone wrote: »
    #graspingatstraws

An EA rep admitted it - what more do you want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lads I think you guys owe the man an apology for calling him a liar if he didn't put up pictures ect. Over the past month or so I've seen people putting up claims to of got unrealy luck in packs such as toty di Maria followed by toty Silva and the like but id never call someone a liar over a game forum someone even clamed to pack if de gea when he wasn't in packs lol.

x43r0 wrote: »
    An EA rep admitted it - what more do you want?

That doesn't tell me anything new, handicapping has always been present in Fifa despite what EA normally say, this rep admitting it doesn't change anything.

I play with a team rated 81 and with this team I have beaten teams rated 85 or more, sometimes it's blatantly obvious that the handicap system has helped me, other times it is solely because the player has played poorly/is poor and handicapping isn't evident so much. I have also been beaten and even swept aside by these quality teams, this is usually because the player is simply better than me and can overcome any handicap presented to them, other times there is no apparent handicap and their superior team does the trick.
    The above can be applied to me when I meet lower rated silver teams, sometimes I just know after 10mins match time that I'm on a beaten docket and no matter how much I try I cannot beat them, other times I sneak a hard fought win, other times I cruise to a win.
    The loading the bench with bronzes is something I am very sceptical about because I notice and remember these more than any other matches - I literally roll my eyes when I see a team with blue cards and black cards, all players maybe 84 and above yet their team is rated at 82 or something when it should be around 87 ..... I really up my game against these guys and I find that I win more than my 'fair' share, so how does that work? They think they have eliminated the risk of being handicapped yet I still prevail most of the time.

The handicap system is here, has always been here but I think it varies in severity, if any at all, from game to game, it is not a reason for plunging down the divisions as some here seem to imply.

At the end of the day it is only a game :)

Disclaimer: The above may seem like a load of horse manure, feel free to think of it as such, it is only an opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Did a bit of pack opening last night. Manages to get SIF Aubameyang, IF Depay, Bolaise, Ayew and MOTM Bony. Should I hold off on selling for now as prices seem to be low?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    An advisor from ea?

I don't think handicapping exists. However there is variance scripted Into the game and that's a good thing. It would be bad game design to create a game were the better player always wins. That's chess and computer games shouldn't be chess.

this variance happens when playing with low rated teams too it just isn't as noticeable because your expectations are lower. When Toty Iniesta misplaces a pass it feels wrong, when Ramires does it doesn't seem like that big a deal.

Is it frustrating of course it is, but it is good business sense to keep it in the game since it ensures that everyone had a chance of winning a match. Also it's still very possible to win the games were your team are playing poorly.

You've just blown my mind. Now I know why **** games are made, people actually want them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I don't get that attitude at all.

If I spend 6 months working to get Ronaldo, or if I win the lottery and pack him, then yeah, you should have a Ronaldo level player who can utterly destroy teams. Effort put into trading, or vasts amount of cash put into the game, should give massive rewards, not punishments.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I don't get that attitude at all.

If I spend 6 months working to get Ronaldo, or if I win the lottery and pack him, then yeah, you should have a Ronaldo level player who can utterly destroy teams. Effort put into trading, or vasts amount of cash put into the game, should give massive rewards, not punishments.

I agree with you and I cant understand why it benefits ea, surely if they were greater rewards for having Ronaldo they sell more packs? I can see the reasoning for levelling the game off in regular seasons mode but not in ultimate team.

Just completed my first full season in Div 1. Needed to win the last three games on the spin to win the title and couldn't manage it. Starting to play better football now. Sturridge has been on fire for me. If I could sort out my defending I'd be happy out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Well I played against this team last night - 11005696_10206293284597573_309400908_n.jpg?oh=c2602970eef695cfec4637b75f0ecc5a&oe=54E3A726&__gda__=1424142418_7893e3d0533491b8561e4b1248142624

Ended up winning 7-3.
    His Ronaldo didn't really look dangerous.. Yet my Palacio was unstopable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

AdamD wrote: »
    You've just blown my mind. Now I know why **** games are made, people actually want them.

Its basic game design. You don't want people winning every time and you don't want them losing every time either. Victory in games should be an achievable goal. Without variance the game is decided before either player actually sits down and thats considered a bad thing. There's been tons of research into it.

Of course when it comes to fifa this is the most relevant research!

:P

Everyone is entitled to there own opinion but i just played my first game in div one after been promoted and just meet a team with toty di Maria, luiz and Silva innit and beat him 3 0 with my Italian team now if that ain't handicapping I donno what is lol. First photo is his team second is the team I used.

omggg upgraded Can at CB..4* skills CB!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wow, with the crash over the last few days and now these upgrades, the value of my players has been obliterated.

Edit: Ibarbo got a +3 upgrade. That's just flat-out trolling from EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

heres the list for winter upgrades

https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2015/fut-winter-upgrades?utm_campaign=fifa15-social-global-ic-tw-fut-winter-upgrades-021415-tw-text-site-sust&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&sourceid=fifa15-social-global-ic-tw-fut-winter-upgrades-021415-tw-text-site-sust&cid=35873&ts=1424030989132

erikson has been converted to cam and upgraded by 1
    lacazette is now 82 rated his inform cards upgraded to 84 and 83
    kane got the biggest jump by 9 to 77 rated

Just pulled my first IF :D Got LM Mertens.

What should i do now?
    Its funny because i already have regular Mertens in my 11 but he plays CAM.

When do the upgrades kick in? If I have one who has been upgraded died he get upgraded in my team?

Surprised to see young Coleman upgraded at all, let alone by two, he's been average this season due to Everton being poo.

Mr Blobby wrote: »

What should i do now?

i'll only get 85K??
    Pretty crap :(

Will his price go up or is this web app crash ****ed me over?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

They already have. Only IFs get upgraded if you have them. And only if their new normal card is equal to or better than their old one.

• Advertisement

Mr Blobby wrote: »

What should i do now?

If you can fit him in your team keep him mate I'm using him and he is better then el sha and his free kicks are good.

jayo26 wrote: »
    If you can fit him in your team keep him mate I'm using him and he is better then el sha and his free kicks are good.

I'm playing 4-3-1-2 so i've no room for a LM. I'll try him in CAM and see if the chem loss will affect him much.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 AnthonyWalsh07

opening a few packs looking for upgrades got 2 koscielnys early on and now just packed zlatan :)

Just packed 92 Ronaldo lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Panic selling my BPL team to fund Neymar's upgraded card.

I need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Liamalone wrote: »
    When do the upgrades kick in? If I have one who has been upgraded died he get upgraded in my team?

Surprised to see young Coleman upgraded at all, let alone by two, he's been average this season due to Everton being poo.

Coleman should have been rated higher from the beginning. But how they decided to upgrade McCarthy I just don't know, he's been injured almost all season.

I am seriously pissed about no upgrade for Robbie Keane though, how can they give upgrades to players who achieved nothing and not him. It's not an age thing cause they upgraded other older players. I will just leave this extract about his season here.
    On 3 December 2014, Keane was awarded the Volkswagen MLS Most Valuable Player Award after a season in which he recorded a career high 19 goals and 14 assists in 29 appearances.Four days later, he scored the 111th-minute winner in the 2014 MLS Cup final which the Galaxy won 2–1 against the New England Revolution for a record 5th title.

if the web app had been working, I could've gotten on to sell my Aguero and save me some coins...oh well. Eriksen, Lacazette and Vietto look nasty though!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

Some strange upgrades there, especially Lovren and Jovetic.

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Just packed 92 Ronaldo lads :)

Sure post a pic up lets all admire him..... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

Gabriel Paulista will be in a lot of BPL teams. 76 pace and 82 defending.

Advertisement