Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 15

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Ah yeah, fair enough then! Enjoying online?

Very much so, I got myself through division 10 and halfway through 9 when I got stuck. I had f*ck all coins and players were getting injured and contracts were running out. So I had to buy coins.

I felt guilty but with so many people buying all their squads I felt it was the only way to compete. I felt less guilty at the fact that my team was not that good compared to some people who had pumped a huge amount of money into their team. I'm currently in division 7, 2 wins from 2.

It's a sad state of affairs to have to pay dosh to compete.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭elefant

Very much so, I got myself through division 10 and halfway through 9 when I got stuck. I had f*ck all coins and players were getting injured and contracts were running out. So I had to buy coins.

I felt guilty but with so many people buying all their squads I felt it was the only way to compete. I felt less guilty at the fact that my team was not that good compared to some people who had pumped a huge amount of money into their team. I'm currently in division 7, 2 wins from 2.

It's a sad state of affairs to have to pay dosh to compete.

Well you don't have to. It's perfectly feasible to get through division 9 with a silver/bronze or cheap gold team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 jbcarthy

I got to Division One without buying any packs and simply using the marketplace to buy cheap goldies with coins earned from promotions and matches. Team ended up along the lines of;
    Hart; Walker; Moreno; Kaboul; Chriches; Jesus Navas; Arnautovic; Wilshere; Ramsey; Benteke; Bony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

elefant wrote: »
    Well you don't have to. It's perfectly feasible to get through division 9 with a silver/bronze or cheap gold team.

It wasn't that the teams were hard it was that I had banged up players, also when you're playing against amazing BPL teams and teams with Ibra and Neuer in division 9 you have no other choice

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

It wasn't that the teams were hard it was that I had banged up players, also when you're playing against amazing BPL teams and teams with Ibra and Neuer in division 9 you have no other choice

Trading at that level is easy enough. Just buy up some contracts for their lowest bin and sell them for 100 coins more. Doesn't take too long til you can start trading in discard level players and from there its on to discard level informs and then mid range and so on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭crunchie44

Quick question. While searching the market for hermann, I spotted a card of his that had a different colour where it says position and I notuced his pace was 99 instead of 93/94. Why is this? I've noticed this with few players in last few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭elefant

crunchie44 wrote: »
    Quick question. While searching the market for hermann, I spotted a card of his that had a different colour where it says position and I notuced his pace was 99 instead of 93/94. Why is this? I've noticed this with few players in last few weeks?

The seller has put a training card on the player. The stats will drop again after one game. I assume people do this to try and trick extra money out of transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭crunchie44

Thanks. To be honest I've never used training cards but maybe I should seeing as I'm struggling lately.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I've noticed that most players with really good squads in the higher divisions are complete dirt and leave straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Gotze, Muller and TIF Messi in the TOTW.

That should ensure plenty of packs are opened this evening so there should be a price dip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

J. Marston wrote: »
    Gotze, Muller and TIF Messi in the TOTW.

That should ensure plenty of packs are opened this evening so there should be a price dip.

Where do you see the TOTW released? I can't see anything on futbin

x43r0 wrote: »
    Where do you see the TOTW released? I can't see anything on futbin

EA's twitter.

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Who should I add to my team, havent played much only in division 7 so far so only have 7000 coins but looking to save to strengthen my team . I really need a new gk anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Who should I add to my team, havent played much only in division 7 so far so only have 7000 coins but looking to save to strengthen my team . I really need a new gk anyway

i got to division 2 with a bpl similar to that. if players are playing well for you, don't change anything. when you notice certain people aren't performing then replace them

i got to division 2 with a bpl similar to that. if players are playing well for you, don't change anything. when you notice certain people aren't performing then replace them

Everyone is playin ok. I have a full set of decent subs aswel , but im only playing vs 83 ranked teams max atm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I would buy Phil Coutinho, i have him and Fabregas for CAM position, but i play Coutinho every game until hes knackered, just always seems to get Goals and assists

Ive Mignolet in goal, hes ok, had cech and sold him on, kept getting beat by long range finesse shots that just went over his head

I would buy Phil Coutinho, i have him and Fabregas for CAM position, but i play Coutinho every game until hes knackered, just always seems to get Goals and assists

Ive Mignolet in goal, hes ok, had cech and sold him on, kept getting beat by long range finesse shots that just went over his head

I have coutinho on the bench. Was thinking of buyin loris

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I have coutinho on the bench. Was thinking of buyin loris

I have Begovic in goal for me. Played about 70 odd games with him, very good goalkeeper.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Is the app working again yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Anybodys wins not counting. won my last 2 games but not getting the coins or the points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Is the app working again yet?

Nope

Got David Silva and Xavi in packs.

Would be nice to get an elite player that is actually worth something, for feck sake...

J. Marston wrote: »
    Got David Silva and Xavi in packs.

Would be nice to get an elite player that is actually worth something, for feck sake...

Pack opening only becomes worthwhile when opening up packs in the millions of coins amount. At that stage the odds are good that you'll hit an elite player and make it worth while. Tho that was more true when there was hyper inflation. I was opening a couple of million worth of packs each week. Filling my club with the totw players and opening a few bales, Robbens, Neuers, Neymars etc. All in all i'd say doing that for the 3-4 weeks prob made me about 6-7million. Now i prob could easily have made more just investing that money but opening packs is fun!! Sure i could buy Ronaldo but i could open anything!! Maybe even a Ronaldo!!!

ht1wl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Pack opening only becomes worthwhile when opening up packs in the millions of coins amount. At that stage the odds are good that you'll hit an elite player and make it worth while. Tho that was more true when there was hyper inflation. I was opening a couple of million worth of packs each week. Filling my club with the totw players and opening a few bales, Robbens, Neuers, Neymars etc. All in all i'd say doing that for the 3-4 weeks prob made me about 6-7million. Now i prob could easily have made more just investing that money but opening packs is fun!! Sure i could buy Ronaldo but i could open anything!! Maybe even a Ronaldo!!!

ht1wl

Yup I agree only times I made money on packs was when I spent 500k then I was packing neymar and hazzard ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Pyjamarama wrote: »

You wouldn't have a spare couple of contracts about ye? :P

Liamalone wrote: »
    You wouldn't have a spare couple of contracts about ye? :P

if I could still trade stuff to people i'd give you 100's! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

What do people who don't open packs do for contracts anyway? I never get anyone great but at least I always have loads of contracts and team fitness cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Just pulled Yaya , Costa , Benzema , IF Smalling and Shevchenko in about 300k worth of packs !! Ive never pulled a good player before , All 7.5k packs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Just won the division one title :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Getting itchy to open packs think ill go on a spending spree

Advertisement