Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Why can't I play against Remy and not have him score. Is it all in my head or is he just that good in the game?

I've played against far better teams than the ones with him included and kept clean sheets. But if I see him in the team I might as well be starting with at least a -1 handicap.

Thats like me against Ibarbo Doumbia or Emineke

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Built this team the other day, https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/show-off?showoffId=BPKwk5ujnLN77:ps3
    been crushing with it. Ibra really is exceptional. Also flase9 is such a fun formation. The only issue with it is that you can't really shoehorn players into it. For example i love Aguero but he is a terrible CF in it. Debating buying IF Matuidi... prob will but i'm half tempted to blow 2m on packs instead.

Bolaise got a skillmove upgrade to 5. His IF is now a pretty good cheap enough option for LM in a prem team. 83 strength to go with his skill is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Bolaise got a skillmove upgrade to 5. His IF is now a pretty good cheap enough option for LM in a prem team. 83 strength to go with his skill is pretty good.
    6'2 and decent crossing as well. Picked him up earlier for 34k.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Lads I bought1575 fifa points 2 days ago and never got them. At first I taught I didnt have enough in my bank account but I just realized I got a billing email from microsoft stating that I bought the fifa points . What will I do???

• Advertisement

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Lads I bought1575 fifa points 2 days ago and never got them. At first I taught I didnt have enough in my bank account but I just realized I got a billing email from microsoft stating that I bought the fifa points . What will I do???

Email EA customer service i guess. Fifa points are the worst value in the world tho but i guess with trading being a very limited option atm its an option.

Email EA customer service i guess. Fifa points are the worst value in the world tho but i guess with trading being a very limited option atm its an option.

How will i email them? Have they online support? i just cant save enough coins to buy packs :o

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Copa Mundial

Sold the dysfunctional, mis-firing Prem team and chose to set my sights on pastures green.

Behold, the French Fancies! (name inspired by a Mr.Kipling cake :D)

6S21t5I.png

Passing is the name of the game which suits my style of Fifa perfectly. Trundling along through div.3 with a few good wins under my belt, delighted with the change.

Eyeing up Pogba CM when I've a few more coins.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oh wow, Futhead says Costa is sub 20k now? Right, it's a non-upgraded one but still....

Sold the dysfunctional, mis-firing Prem team and chose to set my sights on pastures green.

Behold, the French Fancies! (name inspired by a Mr.Kipling cake :D)

6S21t5I.png

Passing is the name of the game which suits my style of Fifa perfectly. Trundling along through div.3 with a few good wins under my belt, delighted with the change.

Eyeing up Pogba CM when I've a few more coins.

IF Payet is a lovely card if you can afford him. No idea how much he is but he's very tasty. How are you finding the two at the back? I'm not sure i'd feel comfortable playing with two of the more lightweight defenders... I have Kosc and Sakho in my own version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Passing is the name of the game which suits my style of Fifa perfectly.

If passing is the name of your game it must be a coincidence that almost every player has 80+ pace ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Benrobjohn

50k packs are brutal. Highest player I got was terry. What a waste of 150k :(

Lots of squads/players I wanna try out but so few coins...the struggle! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

If passing is the name of your game it must be a coincidence that almost every player has 80+ pace ;)

You beat me too it also only one player has minimum of 80 passing skills lol.

rottie 11 wrote: »
    How will i email them? Have they online support? i just cant save enough coins to buy packs :o

Got onto ea support and got my points . Opened 1000 fifa points pack and 2 300 point packs and got no1. I give up with packs at this stage

Anyone tried and upgraded players? And what have been the best ones for you? I wanna try some, but first get other people's opinions on them

Anyone tried and upgraded players? And what have been the best ones for you? I wanna try some, but first get other people's opinions on them

I think most are over rated mate unless you get the likes of ericksen that is now a cam midfielder he is way better as he was short of pace on the wing but has nearly everything for cam.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Tried upgraded Costa, hated him. I can't understand how people use him effectively, he turns like a truck. He has 92 finishing but he needed 4/5 chances to put away one for me.

Upgraded Neymar is brilliant though.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Benrobjohn

Jerome Boatang upgrade is quality. Seems to win everything for me. Would recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Eriksen unreal for me, wouldn't go near him on LM but he's unreal at CAM. I've also used Griezmann, Vela, Carvajal, Matic, Zabaleta, Azpilicueta and Fabregas and they're better but not much better than the original cards

• Advertisement

Thanks guys! I've been meaning to try Eriksen, but I already have Yaya who's a powerhouse at CAM in my PL squad. Might try out Lacazette and want to try out UP IF Griezmann at ST.

Neymars SIF upgrade is INSANE. Anyone who has the coins should buy him. Boateng has been awesome for me. SIF De Bruyne is great too.

Anyone played much with bronzes? So hard to get a game with them on the PS. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Oh wow, Futhead says Costa is sub 20k now? Right, it's a non-upgraded one but still....

Just goes to show how much pace is valued in this game I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I really wanted to stick a bunch of my favourite players in one team, so I'm going to build this side:

http://www.futhead.com/15/squads/24729971/

I'm a bit worried that both CMs have high attacking work rates (even though I have them both instructed to stay back).

Although I had a Serie A side with De Rossi as CDM, and even he was flying forward with Med/High workrates and the instruction to not attack. So I just said I'd stick Vidal with High/High in there. He offered as much protection as De Rossi (none!), but at least he was quick to get back and useful in possession.It's so difficult to stop players flying forward at every possible opportunity.

Probably going to build this as a secondary team to the one above:

http://www.futhead.com/15/squads/24732050/

x43r0 wrote: »
    Just goes to show how much pace is valued in this game I suppose

Decided to play a few games yesterday. Built a team with 5 at the back, simply to see if it would negate the pace abuse. And it did brilliant. Three teams in a row with the Serie A players, didn't concede once. It's amazing that when you go ultra-negative defending against them, they don't have a plan B; just constant through balls being countered continuously.

Had Lukaku, DiMaria and Falcao up front, who just powered their way through the defences then. Was fun. Going to add Costa to the mix though since he's gone so cheap.

Decided to play a few games yesterday. Built a team with 5 at the back, simply to see if it would negate the pace abuse. And it did brilliant. Three teams in a row with the Serie A players, didn't concede once. It's amazing that when you go ultra-negative defending against them, they don't have a plan B; just constant through balls being countered continuousl
    Had Lukaku, DiMaria and Falcao up front, who just powered their way through the defences then. Was fun. Going to add Costa to the mix though since he's gone so cheap.

Be interesting to see how you find it long term mate I always find when I try a new system the first 20 games are really good then it goes down hill lol.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Be interesting to see how you find it long term mate I always find when I try a new system the first 20 games are really good then it goes down hill lol.

I think its just that you notice the weaknesses in the formation. I also think that the "meta" of Fifa isn't talked about enough. Formations go through stages of popularity (often based on youtubers) and different formations counter different ones. I'm seeing a ton more false9 and just 433 in general the last while and way less 41212 than previously. Bad news for those who like to play 352. I've been playing false9 the last while and i felt last night it was time to mix it up a bit as it'd become stale. Gonna try a 2 up top one for a change, doesn't usually suit me as my natural game isn't based on ott balls (I honestly wish it was sometimes) so always feel its not a formation type that suits me. Maybe 442 (2) could be worth a whirl with a box to box and a holding cdm...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Decided to play a few games yesterday. Built a team with 5 at the back, simply to see if it would negate the pace abuse. And it did brilliant. Three teams in a row with the Serie A players, didn't concede once. It's amazing that when you go ultra-negative defending against them, they don't have a plan B; just constant through balls being countered continuously.

5-2-2-1?

I think its just that you notice the weaknesses in the formation. I also think that the "meta" of Fifa isn't talked about enough. Formations go through stages of popularity (often based on youtubers) and different formations counter different ones. I'm seeing a ton more false9 and just 433 in general the last while and way less 41212 than previously. Bad news for those who like to play 352. I've been playing false9 the last while and i felt last night it was time to mix it up a bit as it'd become stale. Gonna try a 2 up top one for a change, doesn't usually suit me as my natural game isn't based on ott balls (I honestly wish it was sometimes) so always feel its not a formation type that suits me. Maybe 442 (2) could be worth a whirl with a box to box and a holding cdm...

I never watch you tubers but yhh I've reverted back to 41212 wide now with Suarez and griezman up front I've found it great for the past few days.

• Advertisement

v3ttel wrote: »
    5-2-2-1?

App is down so can't check at the moment, but think it was 5-2-1-2.
    Neuer
    Pizecek - Hummels - IF Benatia - Boateng - Baines
    Fabregas - Wilshire
    DiMaria
    Lukaku - Falcao

Only 92 chem, and I have 2m to get a few better players in. Defo going to nab Costa to replace Lukaku, and could probably get IF's for the defence.

Advertisement