Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Benrobjohn

I've lost about 1m on robben. I've lost about 2m in total. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

By setting these price bands surely they can bring back transfers using the app now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Price bands are wonderful, everyone can enjoy the market now and for those who never bought any coins like myself this is the best ever.
    I was sick of people fixing prices and I was sick of super expensive players and I was sick to see noobs with no real FIFA skills in DIV1 and DIV2 with a superstar team, I am really looking forward to FIFA 16 now :D.

• Administrators Posts: 53,813 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

alwald wrote: »
    Price bands are wonderful, everyone can enjoy the market now and for those who never bought any coins like myself this is the best ever.
    I was sick of people fixing prices and I was sick of super expensive players and I was sick to see noobs with no real FIFA skills in DIV1 and DIV2 with a superstar team, I am really looking forward to FIFA 16 now :D.

Yes it's really frustrating. Average players but they'll scrape a win because they have forwards who will at least hit the target no matter where they shoot from.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've never bought coins but this kills any real attempts at trading in a significant way.

What price bands do, above all else, is force people to buy packs in order to get better players. Without them, it was possible to trade your way to millions of coins to buy Ronaldo or Messi. That's going to be near impossible now. You'll have to be investing way, way more into packs. And good luck selling your cards when you actually can't undercut people any more; everyone is going to be selling their cards for the exact same prices.

And you'd be crazy to think that the people who invested money into coin sellers won't just invest money into packs now until they get the players they want. You'll still have people buying their way to success. It's just EA get the money now, rather than coinsellers, while legitimate traders find it impossible to play that aspect of the game any more :/

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I've never bought coins but this kills any real attempts at trading in a significant way.

What price bands do, above all else, is force people to buy packs in order to get better players. Without them, it was possible to trade your way to millions of coins to buy Ronaldo or Messi. That's going to be near impossible now. You'll have to be investing way, way more into packs. And good luck selling your cards when you actually can't undercut people any more; everyone is going to be selling their cards for the exact same prices.

And you'd be crazy to think that the people who invested money into coin sellers won't just invest money into packs now until they get the players they want. You'll still have people buying their way to success. It's just EA get the money now, rather than coinsellers, while legitimate traders find it impossible to play that aspect of the game any more :/

Buying packs is a lottery, let people spend their money on packs, there is no guarantee of getting the player they want.

As per the likes of Messi and Ronaldo they will be very rare and as such the regular player won't have to worry about facing them every second match.

Teams with Messi, Neymar, Bale, Ronaldo, Iniesta, Jame Rodrigues all in the same squad are going to be less frequent and that will increase the level of competition and make the game more enjoyable.

I don't have the time nor the patience to trade in the market so I am not affected, all I want is to play a couple of matches everyday in a fair way, I think that will happen in fifa 2016.

The real skills from now on are to know how to play and to know how to build a team and improve it little by little until you find the right formula.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I hope in FIFA 16, they bring back the prices of FUT12. Messi and the likes around the 700-800k mark. Not easily attainable, but still in reaching distance (sort of). That'd be perfect.

Also, any truth in the screenshots of ST Ronaldo going for max band of 800k? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

anyone have any trading tips now with the new price ranges. I have already got a massive loss and need to start bringing my money back up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I don't have the time nor the patience to trade in the market so I am not affected, all I want is to play a couple of matches everyday in a fair way, I think that will happen in fifa 2016.

The real skills from now on are to know how to play and to know how to build a team and improve it little by little until you find the right formula.

To be honest, I've always disliked the "I play the game this way, ergo when something happens that affects how others play, so what?".

I agree on the concept of stopping people using coinsellers, not because it ruins the game, but because those coins are usually obtained through devious methods. As far as the All-Star teams, I honestly find that I can beat them 75% of the time, so it doesn't bother me; if people get fun out of those teams, then good for them. But I reiterate, you won't be stopping those teams. You'll still see them. It's just that the money will go to EA, and on a far larger scale now. You'll still have those all star teams. This won't stop them.

(If anything, it may make them more likely; with caps on card prices, those who invest money into packs may find that card prices are not inflating with the growing market, and have an easier time, even if they just buy the packs and quick sell for quick coins).

But just because you don't have the time nor patience to trade doesn't mean it wasn't a massive part of the game for a lot of people, and this update kills it on all levels. Even ignoring the basic "Inflated prices" trading I've talked about here, it kills trading for casuals; well done on packing Lewandowski, but you HAVE to list him at the same price as everyone else now. There's nothing to distinguish between your 100k card and the other 1000 cards the same price. Before you could have listed at 99k or 98k and gone quickly. Now though, you list the same price as everyone else and will probably be waiting quite a while to get the coins.

There's no "real skill"; the power of balance simply shifts from coin buyers to pack buyers, while damaging those who earn the odd pack and try to trade the card they win on the lottery, as well as people who dedicated a lot of time to playing the game via the market.

To me, this is a massive "Baby with the bathwater" moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Traders are annoying as f**k though at the same time. The people that are going to price fix a player at x and have worked out their max bid they want to make their return so they bid their set amount on every single open trade they can just so they can resell. It's infuriating when you are trying to find a bit of value in the market to pick up a player and you see the blanket bids going across all the lots.

• Advertisement

And you'd be crazy to think that the people who invested money into coin sellers won't just invest money into packs now until they get the players they want
    Yea, but I'll rest better knowing that at least now it's going to cost them a real-life fortune, and that they are stuck with the random-number-generator for their packs. :)

To be honest, I've always disliked the "I play the game this way, ergo when something happens that affects how others play, so what?".

I agree on the concept of stopping people using coinsellers, not because it ruins the game, but because those coins are usually obtained through devious methods. As far as the All-Star teams, I honestly find that I can beat them 75% of the time, so it doesn't bother me; if people get fun out of those teams, then good for them. But I reiterate, you won't be stopping those teams. You'll still see them. It's just that the money will go to EA, and on a far larger scale now. You'll still have those all star teams. This won't stop them.

(If anything, it may make them more likely; with caps on card prices, those who invest money into packs may find that card prices are not inflating with the growing market, and have an easier time, even if they just buy the packs and quick sell for quick coins).

But just because you don't have the time nor patience to trade doesn't mean it wasn't a massive part of the game for a lot of people, and this update kills it on all levels. Even ignoring the basic "Inflated prices" trading I've talked about here, it kills trading for casuals; well done on packing Lewandowski, but you HAVE to list him at the same price as everyone else now. There's nothing to distinguish between your 100k card and the other 1000 cards the same price. Before you could have listed at 99k or 98k and gone quickly. Now though, you list the same price as everyone else and will probably be waiting quite a while to get the coins.

There's no "real skill"; the power of balance simply shifts from coin buyers to pack buyers, while damaging those who earn the odd pack and try to trade the card they win on the lottery, as well as people who dedicated a lot of time to playing the game via the market.

To me, this is a massive "Baby with the bathwater" moment.

I understand that different people enjoy the game in a different way, I Can't speak for the players who enjoy trading a lot because I am not in their shoes.

My understanding is that you can sell a player at different prices within a band, so let's say the max for Diego Costa is 90K then I can sell mine for 60K if I am in need of quick money, the buyer will always benefit.

As for pack buyers and building an all star team, from experience and from reading different forums it's rare that you get way too many good cards, the chance of getting an all star player is very slim and I really believe that it won't be easy to build an all star team anymore, fifa coins that are bought from fifa's store can be used only to buy packs so even with 1000 packs you might end up with nothing but Ramires as the best player in the whole lot.

The main reason I am happy about this change is that the game will be fairer than before.

The packs with a higher chance of good players cost more money, but yes it's rare that you get someone really good. Also you can literally get any player, so you might get someone good who doesn't actually fit in to your team.

At least now the chances of seeing a team with Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez, Sanchez etc all in it is slim.

awec wrote: »
    The packs with a higher chance of good players cost more money, but yes it's rare that you get someone really good. Also you can literally get any player, so you might get someone good who doesn't actually fit in to your team.

At least now the chances of seeing a team with Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez, Sanchez etc all in it is slim.

Indeed, before people were sure that if they buy 200 EUR worth of coins then they can build the team that they want, now even with 2,000 EUR there is no guarantee whatsoever.

In the other hand non coin buyers are sure to build the team that they want because they know that X player will never be sold above 9K, so the goal is to play enough games and win enough divisions to get that amount of money and buy the player meanwhile before the price fluctuated a lot and the player can be bought for 600 coins of for 60,000 coins depending on the market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Well all I can say is bollox to that. Just logged on for first time in a week and I have lost a fortune. The price caps are done terrible. So I have 86 yaya max price is 400k but 86 modric is about 20k 86 griezman in 1 mill but 86 Godin us gone down to 200k and I haven't checked but I bet if Miranda is still sky high even tho he is rated lower then Godin. I spent ages trading to build up my team and it is wiped out in one rule change in middle of the year. How is it making the top players more attainable when no1 will sell them. There is not one Ronaldo for sale at a lower price not one messi. Yhh it suits the casual players that play fifa part time but alot of people play nothing only ultimate team and trade their way to good squads this has basically ****ed them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

The market pre capping was ****ed. Thanks to coin sellers and bots it became more about farming coins than actually playing the game.

This update still really screws over people that have been trading there way into coins since pretty much all there players will drop significantly in price. Its also not worth playing matches since you only get 450 coins which as most people know is nothing.

All that being said i think its a good thing for the future. I imagine in FIFA 16 we will have a much more realistic price gap for players.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

If people think this will stop people buying their way to messi and Ronaldo you guys are sireky mistaken. All that's going to happen now Is that instead of buying coins players will now be buying accounts with the players already in them.

Long term this is good I think but its ruined the end of FIFA 15 fut for a lot of people. If you couldn't afford Ronaldo you still can't and now you never will be as trading is pretty much impossible to gain high yield from. Price fixing is actually easier now imo tho. But will be less effective.

I didn't buy coins but if I hadn't made enough on trading this year to let me buy who I wanted I would have. 20euro for 5m coins was the going rate at the end. Compare that to the rip off that is Fifa points...

The ea business model basically hasn't changed since the inception of the game. But the difference in player base is night and day... Ea need to adjust and while this is likely awful implementation for this years game I'm ok with it since hopefully it lets them work out the flaws before the 16 launch.

For those complaining about always playing against great teams, would you prefer to play against the Roma top 3 every single match?!! Cause that's the path we're heading to for 16 I think. I'd rather play against tots Ronaldo in every game than keeping my back line rooted to my box to stop lame over the tops to Ibarbo & co.

Oh and I think the web app is done for ever. It only causes problems and only helps traders who ea have pretty much just kicked as hard as they can in the nuts. I guess I'll never make 20+ million on a bunch of SIF Lacazette again.

The reason they were coin sellers was not because people were buying coins it was because ea messed up their own trading market to allow them to farm coins but they messed up the average trader with what they did. Yh it might be possible to keep trading but when people have lost few million its hard to start again 7 months into a game.

jayo26 wrote: »
    The reason they were coin sellers was not because people were buying coins it was because ea messed up their own trading market to allow them to farm coins but they messed up the average trader with what they did. Yh it might be possible to keep trading but when people have lost few million its hard to start again 7 months into a game.

Well the players all cost less so it's not that big an issue for those with coins. But those slogging away are basically cut off at the knees. I lost millions but if I liquidize I still have about 60m or so if say so can still buy a lot. My goal of having every non tots player by the end of the year is dead tho...

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Well the players all cost less so it's not that big an issue for those with coins. But those slogging away are basically cut off at the knees. I lost millions but if I liquidize I still have about 60m or so if say so can still buy a lot. My goal of having every non tots player by the end of the year is dead tho...

Yes but its totally imballanced what the players cost. And personally myself I have lost on my stash of in form players. Its ok saying they all cost less but in my situation I was closer to having messi before the capping then I am now. Value of my If players were about 8 or 9 million at a glance now I think they are 3 million or so.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Yes but its totally imballanced what the players cost. And personally myself I have lost on my stash of in form players. Its ok saying they all cost less but in my situation I was closer to having messi before the capping then I am now. Value of my If players were about 8 or 9 million at a glance now I think they are 3 million or so.

Paddys day informs?!? They were about to plummet anyway imo. So many people hoarding them that a crash was gonna happen when the flooded into the market.

I do feel your pain tho. You shouldn't be so severely punished as a trader. There was an answer and they ignored it. No coins for offline games would fix the market quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Heres my team atm . I got promoted to div3 now , so aiming for div1 .. is my team good enough to get there easy enough?? Will b replacing IN Oscar with IF rooney when I can save enough

EDIT: why cant I post the picture? Theres no 'attach files' option at the bottom ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Think I got it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I got to division 1 with a BPL team worth 100k, with a team like that it's all down to you.

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Heres my team atm . I got promoted to div3 now , so aiming for div1 .. is my team good enough to get there easy enough?? Will b replacing IN Oscar with IF rooney when I can save enough

EDIT: why cant I post the picture? Theres no 'attach files' option at the bottom ??

Team is easily good enough to get there. Most teams are once you have players that suit your style. It really depends on how you play the game.

Even tho you have Matic who has m/h workrates i still think that in 433(4) you need cbs with recovery speed which Terry lacks. I'd rather a Kosc or IF Williams in there I think. I do like Terry a lot in formations with CDMs tho. In fact if you played those players in a 4231(2) with the right instructions (wingers to stayforward and get in behind, both cms and fbs to stay back while attacking) if kind of plays very similar to 433(4) but offers a little more cover at the back without giving up the passing options.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Paddys day informs?!? They were about to plummet anyway imo. So many people hoarding them that a crash was gonna happen when the flooded into the market.

I do feel your pain tho. You shouldn't be so severely punished as a trader. There was an answer and they ignored it. No coins for offline games would fix the market quickly.

No they were just informs I had in my club not paddys ones I just didn't get around to trading them because of web app been Down and busy with work ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Built a team from scratch, put zero money in, and got to div.1, now from about Div.4 this is more or less been my team, Hart, Cahill, Koscielny, Sakho, Coleman, Gerrard, Paulinho, Moreno, Coutinho, Balotelli, Sturrudge, formation is 5-2-1-2 and usually go 3-5-2 with Sterling and Silva in for Coleman and Moreno.

Now that got me to Div.1 and 8 titles along the way, with a couple of relegations her and there, but since i won Div.1, ive been relegated all the way back to div.6, same team and same way of playing

This happen to any of you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Built a team from scratch, put zero money in, and got to div.1, now from about Div.4 this is more or less been my team, Hart, Cahill, Koscielny, Sakho, Coleman, Gerrard, Paulinho, Moreno, Coutinho, Balotelli, Sturrudge, formation is 5-2-1-2 and usually go 3-5-2 with Sterling and Silva in for Coleman and Moreno.

Now that got me to Div.1 and 8 titles along the way, with a couple of relegations her and there, but since i won Div.1, ive been relegated all the way back to div.6, same team and same way of playing

This happen to any of you?

Always. Happened to me last weekend in div.2, I was on a 12 game unbeaten streak and then kept losing the next 5-6 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

A lot of those losing streaks are down to concentration though, not just FIFA screwing you over which does happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

maybe you traders can actually..you know..PLAY fifa now? go buy match attax stickers if you wanna trade all day :L

Advertisement