Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

A lot of those losing streaks are down to concentration though, not just FIFA screwing you over which does happen.

Its not concentration, especially when your losing games

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Benrobjohn

The market is in a bad way. Nobody is goin to sell Ronaldo/messi/high rated players. so you'll never get to buy them at there lower price. I bought robben for 2mill,he's never leaving my club now. Can't afford to lose 1 mill on him. Did ea think this through?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

So there are now LOADS of players who are basically extinct... crazy crazy stuff. Not only can people not afford Ronaldo there are now none of them to be had. Same with Suarez, Bale, Robben, Ribbery, Messi etc.

Initial signs are that EA have made things worse...

MarkY91 wrote: »
    maybe you traders can actually..you know..PLAY fifa now? go buy match attax stickers if you wanna trade all day :L

Why? Its a facet of the game... the whole point of Ultimate Team at the beginning was to work your way up to get the top level players. just because you don't (more likely haven't the ability to) trade doesn't mean that others can't do it.

I enjoy both trading and playing the game and to disparage people who enjoy trading like that is frankly pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Its not concentration, especially when your losing games

A lot of it is down to concentration though. Lose concentration for a little while and you will **** yourself. Its just online games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

A lot of it is down to concentration though. Lose concentration for a little while and you will **** yourself. Its just online games.

We'll agree to disagree. When i concede by a shot from 45 yards, or Doumbia and Ibarbo are running through from chip passes over my defenders, believe me, concentration is not a problem

We'll agree to disagree. When i concede by a shot from 45 yards, or Doumbia and Ibarbo are running through from chip passes over my defenders, believe me, concentration is not a problem

Yeah I get crap like that happens, but I think a lot of the time people will always try not blame themselves.

If you're on point for the whole game that won't happen tho. Its usually so obvious and simple to defend but a moments complacency often borne from frustration of your opponent being the cheesemeister supreme and its a goal. I imagine you've crushed infinite ibrabo teams and stopped them scoring...

Servers still down?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Servers still down?

There up for one of the lads. I'm watching him play while he shouts the house down with his conspiracy thoeries on ea :P on ps4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭crazy eyes

I personally think ea have made a complete cock up of this. Everything that they have altered in this game has made it worse. The update at the end of November, removing the web app and now this.

This is my first year trading and I think this update has ruined trading for the rest of this game and any further ones with this system implemented in it. There is a lot of other issues with the game which they have simple ignored so far. E.g the awful servers and high chance of disconnects, players disappearing from trade piles for months on end and the dnf multiplier.

If they wanted to tackle the coin sellers why did they not make an internal pricing average and when a particular player sells for way over his average price the sale is flagged and ea investigate the transaction. Instead no they went with the most idiotic simplistic way possible.

I really hope konami take this opportunity and improve there own fut style game and take a lot of ea's customers because as you have seen the only way to get a reaction is to hit there pocket.

• Administrators Posts: 53,813 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Initial signs are that EA have made things worse...

You have deduced that after less than a day?

awec wrote: »
    You have deduced that after less than a day?

Do you understand the phrase "initial signs"??

So do you think that having zero Ronaldos, Suarez, Messi etc on the market is better than what we had before?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

So do you think that having zero Ronaldos, Suarez, Messi etc on the market is better than what we had before?!?

Absolute joke so it is. Ohh lets play loads of games and save up all our money and buy ummmmmmmmmmm no1 for sale.

• Administrators Posts: 53,813 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Absolutely.

I'd rather they be unavailable for everyone than be available to people who buy coins to build teams. These people are (were hopefully) a stain on the game who ruined it for everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

its an awful pity when hangerland can outrun hazard.. david silva scoring headers from corners when I have terry and kompany in there... rosisky outmusseling toure every time just take the ball off him every time ... my tv is looking very likely to be broken if I keep playing this game tbh..

oh and a dude just scored a free kick from out near the corner flag on me:confused: courtois just stood and watched it , fair enough if it was a good free kick but it genuinely rolled right beside him

awec wrote: »
    Absolutely.

I'd rather they be unavailable for everyone than be available to people who buy coins to build teams. These people are (were hopefully) a stain on the game who ruined it for everyone else.

And what about those people who have built up a coin bank through trading?!? Are they to be punished because you can't do the same?!? Nobody should get to play with the best players?!?

Nobody is saying ea shouldn't do everything they can to stop the issues in the game but this is a poor attempt. Even as ridiculously blinkered as you are surely you can see that... You want to stop coin sellers then take the team name off the market place. Makes it too risky for most then.

It's working the opposite way too. My housemate packed a hazard this morning but already has one... Problem is hazards aren't selling for their minimum price band. What's he to do? Discard him?!? He's not getting what he paid for.

I don't see ea doing nothing here either. The game is in turmoil never seen before in fut history.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Think Im gonna leave Fifa until tots. Havent been able to string two passes together after winning div one and now with the trading gone my enjoyment of the game has ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

And what about those people who have built up a coin bank through trading?!? Are they to be punished because you can't do the same?!? Nobody should get to play with the best players?!?

Nobody is saying ea shouldn't do everything they can to stop the issues in the game but this is a poor attempt. Even as ridiculously blinkered as you are surely you can see that... You want to stop coin sellers then take the team name off the market place. Makes it too risky for most then.

It's working the opposite way too. My housemate packed a hazard this morning but already has one... Problem is hazards aren't selling for their minimum price band. What's he to do? Discard him?!? He's not getting what he paid for.

I don't see ea doing nothing here either. The game is in turmoil never seen before in fut history.

The game is made for playing a football game first, trading is only an aspect of the game but not the main one....if people enjoy trading so much then they need to trade in wall street and make a real fortune.

we all lost coins because of this change but it was an important one, now is the time to enjoy a proper football game, at least we are equal and nobody can build a team just by buying coins like before.

Trading is still part of the game but without price fixing, prices were too high for the top players and those who don't wish to spend 12 hours everyday trading cards weren't able to enjoy the game.

alwald wrote: »
    The game is made for playing a football game first, trading is only an aspect of the game but not the main one....if people enjoy trading so much then they need to trade in wall street and make a real fortune.

we all lost coins because of this change but it was an important one, now is the time to enjoy a proper football game, at least we are equal and nobody can build a team just by buying coins like before.

Trading is still part of the game but without price fixing, prices were too high for the top players and those who don't wish to spend 12 hours everyday trading cards weren't able to enjoy the game.

What a load of bull, the game is for playing whatever way you want to play it. If I pay my money ill play how I want. Trading is a big part of ultimate team its how its advertised if u don't want to trade u play seasons mode same as if you don't want to play little trolls online you play single mode ect ect.
    Ea have basically taken away value off players that some people have earned legit, if they want to stop coin sellers they do it properly and spend some money securing their servers and not by changing the rules halfway threw a year. The fact that some people have unreal good teams font take away the enjoyment it adds to it especially when you beat them.

• Advertisement

alwald wrote: »

If the change was having a positive effect on the market nobody would have a problem. I've traded to enough coins that i should be able to buy almost any player i want... but i can't buy the new Suarez and opening infi packs for him seems awful since i won't be able to sell so many supposed high level players...

I do think this could work for fifa 16 but doing it now is a mistake. If you want to test it out then test it out after tots when people have got all their fun out of the game.

The simple un-ignorable fact is that there is a program that people have developed which generates BILLIONS of free coins and rather than obtaining more secure servers EA have taken an option which will just force people to buy more fifa points... which are an even bigger rip off now that so many players are basically untradeable. I'm not going to discard a Sturridge i open but i'll never sell him either...

Another example of a mess up I have ballotelli in my club and he is as useless to me as he is to Liverpool in real life his lowest price I can put him up for is 3100 but people aren't even paying that much for him so all I can do is quick sell him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

If the change was having a positive effect on the market nobody would have a problem. I've traded to enough coins that i should be able to buy almost any player i want... but i can't buy the new Suarez and opening infi packs for him seems awful since i won't be able to sell so many supposed high level players...

I do think this could work for fifa 16 but doing it now is a mistake. If you want to test it out then test it out after tots when people have got all their fun out of the game.

The simple un-ignorable fact is that there is a program that people have developed which generates BILLIONS of free coins and rather than obtaining more secure servers EA have taken an option which will just force people to buy more fifa points... which are an even bigger rip off now that so many players are basically untradeable. I'm not going to discard a Sturridge i open but i'll never sell him either...

Fair point there, maybe its too early.....and fair point for softwares that generate coins, hopefully that issue with be dealt with.

I can't complain, I had about 9K of coins and was going to buy a pack for the fun, but then decided to check the market so I bought Tevez, Ibarbo (AS Roma), Guarin, Chiellini, Barzagli, Evra and Handanovic....the most expensive player was Tevez for 1200 and I bought him quickly, I could have had him for wayyyyyy less, the others were bought most of them for under 850 with a chemistry card on top :D.......why will I complain? I literally just built a classy Serie A team :D. This was impossible last week so it's all beneficial for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

I've been waiting for three years for a Bohs IF, and we do get an IF he is with the wrong club....
    We missed out as well when they axed the regular TOTW during the WC...

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Belt

Only got Fifa and signed up to UT last month. Didn't do any trading, just used coins gained from playing and selling unwanted players so I presume these changes will benefit the likes of me. What effects are people seeing in the market so far? Are they likely to be permanent or is it just the initial shock?

Also, do people know what featured tournaments are coming up each week or will the next few be a surprise? I know the Paddy's day one is next.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I really think they should have held off on this change until FIFA 16. Starting from a clean slate would have had much less of a negative impact than the way they did it.

I'm really looking forward to the next game where this is in place and everyone starts of on a level playing field.

On another note, came up against team with a front 3 of Neymar, Suarez and Bale last night and thought "Oh F**k....here we go". I go 3 nil up and at half time he brings on Zola, Pogba and Vieri. I end up winning 7-1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

x43r0 wrote: »
    I really think they should have held off on this change until FIFA 16. Starting from a clean slate would have had much less of a negative impact than the way they did it.

I'm really looking forward to the next game where this is in place and everyone starts of on a level playing field.

On another note, came up against team with a front 3 of Neymar, Suarez and Bale last night and thought "Oh F**k....here we go". I go 3 nil up and at half time he brings on Zola, Pogba and Vieri. I end up winning 7-1 :D

Strange, I'm fairly certain I came up against the same guy last night, beat him 5-1. Division 4 by any chance?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Belt wrote: »
    What effects are people seeing in the market so far? Are they likely to be permanent or is it just the initial shock?

The changes are great for buyers and **** for sellers, of all levels, and that's a permanent change.
    The majority are listing cards at the min value which means if you're buying, you have your pick of the litter. If you're selling, there's no way to differentiate between your card and the 1000s of the same card at the same price, so even if you've got a rare card and have put it up, you'll be waiting a while to sell unless you're lucky (as opposed to previously when you could lower your card by 250 coins and be the cheapest, guaranteeing a quick sale and your coins back).

I can understand the max cap on cards. It's frustrating but I can understand it. But the min caps are idiotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Requin wrote: »
    Strange, I'm fairly certain I came up against the same guy last night, beat him 5-1. Division 4 by any chance?

Yep Div 4

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The changes are great for buyers and **** for sellers, of all levels, and that's a permanent change.
    The majority are listing cards at the min value which means if you're buying, you have your pick of the litter. If you're selling, there's no way to differentiate between your card and the 1000s of the same card at the same price, so even if you've got a rare card and have put it up, you'll be waiting a while to sell unless you're lucky (as opposed to previously when you could lower your card by 250 coins and be the cheapest, guaranteeing a quick sale and your coins back).

I can understand the max cap on cards. It's frustrating but I can understand it. But the min caps are idiotic.

Yh the min cap looks the worst I cant sell alot of my players its a joke I think aguero and hazzard and a few other were not selling for the min Las night

Advertisement