Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I could spend hours opening packs on this

http://futwatch.com/pack-simulator/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Had a good run of packs recently. 2 IF Gibbs, IF Rondon, IF Rolando, Reus, Lahm, green Keane and McGeady and a couple of other good ones. I now have an entire team of IF players.

I really want a Messi or Ronaldo. ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I could spend hours opening packs on this

http://futwatch.com/pack-simulator/

And you have the same chance of selling the players in it as you do normal fifa packs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Why? Its a facet of the game... the whole point of Ultimate Team at the beginning was to work your way up to get the top level players. just because you don't (more likely haven't the ability to) trade doesn't mean that others can't do it.

I enjoy both trading and playing the game and to disparage people who enjoy trading like that is frankly pathetic.

Its a football game. You should be playing games. Go buy a premier league sticker book if you want to trade so badly.

I don't play UT anymore because of people buying coins and instantly having unbeatable teams. I may start again as i shouldn't come up against bought teams as much now. Cheers EA!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Its a football game. You should be playing games. Go buy a premier league sticker book if you want to trade so badly.

I don't play UT anymore because of people buying coins and instantly having unbeatable teams. I may start again as i shouldn't come up against bought teams as much now. Cheers EA!

If you just want to play the matches then play seasons. Ultimate team is about building an ultimate team. It says it in the title. And if you think any team is unbeatable then you'd likely be better off concentrating on getting better at the game rather than just blaming something else for your own short comings.

I'm delighted EA are making a real effort to tackle coin selling, the latest change is the first one they should have made, removal of club names from transferred cards, but the price bands while a good idea have been poorly executed. The fact that people on this board have Robbens sitting in their trade pile unable to be sold at minimum cannot be viewed as anything other than a bad thing...

Next year is going to be super interesting and I'm very excited about it. But I can assure you that if you don't trade you'll still end up with a rubbish team. Unless you want to drop infinite money on FIFA points a.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Just read that they are actually taking the team name off the auction house.
    wouldn't your theory actually promote price fixing?

I said it would probably promote trading (buy low, sell high). Price fixing could be one part of that alright. I presume most people:

Identify a item/player that goes for a lot less on open auction their normal buy it now price. Flip some of those card to make a profit. Rinse and repeat with more expensive cards.
    the way you are describing would mean you are buying at a price that the seller is fixing at, not a market rate.

The market rate is whatever people are willing to pay. If someone is price fixing and people are willing to buy at that price, that's the market rate.
    Maybe a limit on the number of sales / purchases per day would be more effective.

What happens when you get bored of your team and want a new one? Or at the start when you are stuck with nobody of an use in your club? People would lose interest if they had to buy a team over a number of days because there was a limit. It would kill trading.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Has anyone tried playing fut today on the Xbox one? I get paired with someone and at kick off it says the connection has been lost. Can't play it at all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

joe123 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried playing fut today on the Xbox one? I get paired with someone and at kick off it says the connection has been lost. Can't play it at all.

Happened once, but second time it worked fine.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Happened once, but second time it worked fine.

Yeah it ended up being a known issue. Was resolved after maintenance.

Just on another topic, I am looking for a bit of advice. Ive about 1.1 million coins saved up now at this stage and Im getting a bit sick of using my Serie A team so looking to make a few purchases.

I really want to try out Ribery and Modric and I am thinking about buying Bale for the craic. Here is a quick draft of a team I created in my preferred formation. (see attached)

I own all those players apart from Ribery, Bale and Modric. Has anyone any suggestions, improvements etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Your midfield is to attacking for my liking. They all have high attacking work rates and will probably leave you very open to the counter.

I'd put in someone with a high defensive work rate. That way it'll let the other two fly forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

joe123 wrote: »
    Yeah it ended up being a known issue. Was resolved after maintenance.

Just on another topic, I am looking for a bit of advice. Ive about 1.1 million coins saved up now at this stage and Im getting a bit sick of using my Serie A team so looking to make a few purchases.

I really want to try out Ribery and Modric and I am thinking about buying Bale for the craic. Here is a quick draft of a team I created in my preferred formation. (see attached)

I own all those players apart from Ribery, Bale and Modric. Has anyone any suggestions, improvements etc?

Use greizman instead of riberey thought he was absolute muck.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Your midfield is to attacking for my liking. They all have high attacking work rates and will probably leave you very open to the counter.

I'd put in someone with a high defensive work rate. That way it'll let the other two fly forward.

Khedira in for Vidal maybe? I already own him so might give him a go. I have a load of players won from tournaments where you get untradable packs.

Any other recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

If you just want to play the matches then play seasons. Ultimate team is about building an ultimate team. It says it in the title. And if you think any team is unbeatable then you'd likely be better off concentrating on getting better at the game rather than just blaming something else for your own short comings.

I'm delighted EA are making a real effort to tackle coin selling, the latest change is the first one they should have made, removal of club names from transferred cards, but the price bands while a good idea have been poorly executed. The fact that people on this board have Robbens sitting in their trade pile unable to be sold at minimum cannot be viewed as anything other than a bad thing...

Next year is going to be super interesting and I'm very excited about it. But I can assure you that if you don't trade you'll still end up with a rubbish team. Unless you want to drop infinite money on FIFA points a.

In actually fairly decent at fifa. I was more having a moan over people purchasing teams than traders, I guess I didn't come across that way.

I'm sure the market is screwed for traders like yourself which is unfair when they changed it all around because of coin purchasers.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I'm sure the market is screwed for traders like yourself which is unfair when they changed it all around because of coin purchasers.

I'd say they won't admit it, but EA will be happy trading is harder now too. Since I wrapped my head round trading, I didn't have to spend real money at all. If you're able to legit earn millions, EA suffer. So stopping trading to that degree also makes it more likely people will have to invest real money again :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Not sure if people have seen this website before but its pretty cool. The ratings are VERY arbitrary tho... still B+ player, i'm the Daniel Bryan of Fifa.

http://futscope.com/ oops... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Not sure if people have seen this website before but its pretty cool. The ratings are VERY arbitrary tho... still B+ player, i'm the Daniel Bryan of Fifa.

Can't say I've seen that site before tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I've got an A-, not bad I suppose :P

This fella on my friends list is probably the best opponent I've faced. A nightmare to play against. His stats below.

33u3l0x.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Fif_zpsr4fofvir.png

Haven't played much FUT this year but not bad..though the websites basically telling my opponents to play like a ****

This player is not very good at passing the ball. They take a lot of high risk passes. Try to intercept and hit them fast on the counter.

RWGxG.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

This guy really struggles with passing, the only thing that you should be careful of is the long ball.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Use greizman instead of riberey thought he was absolute muck.

Went ahead and bought Ribery and Bale. It feels like im cheating at the game they are so good. Won division 1 straight away once I went back into online seasons with them.

Ribery is my favourite player to use this year so far. Bales really good but Ribery scores a bucket load.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

This player loves to hold the ball. It is going to be a very frustrating game if you let it get to you. Try to counter quickly with long balls to fight back.

You're dealing with an elite passer here. Be careful with your intercept attempts, they will pick you apart if you make a mistake. Don't give the ball away cheaply

bean_04.jpg

Free 35k pack for everyone. 6th birthday for FUT. Usual dross in it, but hey loads of contracts and fitness cards.

Daily gifts for the next 6 days too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Free 35k pack for everyone. 6th birthday for FUT. Usual dross in it, but hey loads of contracts and fitness cards.

Daily gifts for the next 6 days too

The only gift i want from them is to buy my Sanchez and if rondon and about 40 other players I have for even there min bin price,
    Happy birthday my ass fifa they ruined the game lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

http://futscope.com/ oops... :)

:)

jayo26 wrote: »
    The only gift i want from them is to buy my Sanchez and if rondon and about 40 other players I have for even there min bin price,
    Happy birthday my ass fifa they ruined the game lol.

prices seem to get updated every Wednesday so maybe you'll get lucky then. otherwise sticking a load of contracts and hunter/catalyst usually gets it done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Lord TSC wrote: »
    This player is not very good at passing the ball. They take a lot of high risk passes. Try to intercept and hit them fast on the counter.

Got this too and C+ :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

I got B- and "This guy is pretty good at passing the ball. Try to predict where they are going to pass and get to the spot early by switching players with the right analog stick."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

I got B-, 53% possession and 73% passing.

Possession
    "This player dominates possession in a lot of their games. Don't turn the ball over cheaply or they will get on top." :eek::eek:

Passing
    "You're dealing with an elite passer here. Be careful with your intercept attempts, they will pick you apart if you make a mistake. Don't give the ball away cheaply" :cool::cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

didn't realise EA adjust the price ranges..just keep losing coins :( and I've seen a fair few people transfer over to PES now

Advertisement