Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 15

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

On a 7 game losing streak. Going to stop playing games for a while an just trade. Never been so frustrated.

Any tips on how to defend (ps). Do you guys hold x when trying to tackle. Or do you just run at them and press circle. My friend told me to not run at the attackers and just sit back and let them come to you but when ever i try that they just find a way to run right through me. How the bloody hell can i defend. I'm sick of giving away stupid goals every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

On a 7 game losing streak. Going to stop playing games for a while an just trade. Never been so frustrated.

Any tips on how to defend (ps). Do you guys hold x when trying to tackle. Or do you just run at them and press circle. My friend told me to not run at the attackers and just sit back and let them come to you but when ever i try that they just find a way to run right through me. How the bloody hell can i defend. I'm sick of giving away stupid goals every game.

Use the jockey button and don't call a 2nd man unless you outnumber them and won't leave an easy pass. I never worry too much about letting them PPP from outside the box, If the score then so be it.

• Administrators Posts: 53,813 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Just took a penalty with ballotelli, tapped (literally a tap) the button right on the green in the centre and he smashed it about 10 yards over the bar. Bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Use the jockey button and don't call a 2nd man unless you outnumber them and won't leave an easy pass. I never worry too much about letting them PPP from outside the box, If the score then so be it.

I am opposite I never jockey and always call the second man, ill cover the run but allow the second man go in tackle if need be, different techniques

jayo26 wrote: »
    I am opposite I never jockey and always call the second man, ill cover the run but allow the second man go in tackle if need be, different techniques

So risky against a good dribbler tho. Not hard to out manoeuvre the cpu defenders, they're prone to get left for dead by simple skill moves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

So risky against a good dribbler tho. Not hard to out manoeuvre the cpu defenders, they're prone to get left for dead by simple skill moves.

Yhh it is but ill usually stand back, i find if I allow the CPU to do the hard work I can cover the opposition with the ball and if he Is gonna try and play another player threw I've that covered too, I usually find the CPU gives away alot less fouls when it makes a challenge then I will, its kind of hard to explain and I don't think there is a right way or wrong way to defend in ultimate team its whatever feels comfortable and works.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

468541.jpg

my ultimate team experience

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭baldshin

In terms of defending I'll never make a challenge unless there's another defender to cover if he skins me. Best off to sit back and try to predict the passes and intercept, attackers will rarely take on a defender unless they think the defender is going to commit.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Copa Mundial

awec wrote: »
    Ye got all those players for 50k?!

All bar Jordi Alba, who's untradable as I packed him ages ago. Serious value to be gotten these days :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Built myself a pace Bronze Ligue 2 team. Dominated the first two matches. Scrapped through the semis (nearly put my controller through the screen at one stage; he passed the ball back to his keeper, I charged him and stole it, open goal....ref blows for half time as I kick the ball :mad:).

Now can't find any opponents to play in the finals :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

I haven't really been paying a great deal of attention since the price bands were implement. It looks like this has killed a large portion of the game, or is that perception wrong?

I have SIF Aubameyang, Robben and Gotze all listed for their lowest start price and lowest "Buy it now" and even after the price bands dropped their value this week nothing will sell. (I have been re-listing them for days)

They finally released Roy Keane a few hours ago and now I can't sell anyone to get the coins to try buy him for my Irish team :(

It also seems that certain players are being harvested by the gold sellers forcing EA to gradually raise the price bands as there are no players on the market. So it looks like the real losers are the players.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Yeah fut is fairly effed at this stage. Players not selling, some players extinct, it really is a mess now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I was trying to buy a basic Argentinian side earlier on my second account. Near impossible to get some players at decent prices because all are at min/max. All BINs are at 5-6k for regular players like Otamendi, Vietto etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Benrobjohn

There are so many players not available to buy. Fut has died . Maybe when tots comes out it might change,but I doubt it. EA f**ked up on fifa 15.

Hoping it'll be a lot better in FIFA 16 and coin sellers have less of an effect on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Think I'll give UT a miss next season. If I do pick up Fifa it'll be seasons online but I might leave it out altogether. They've made a real mess of these changes. Very typical of EA to try and fix something live instead of making a game fully and then releasing it.

hots wrote: »
    Think I'll give UT a miss next season. If I do pick up Fifa it'll be seasons online but I might leave it out altogether. They've made a real mess of these changes. Very typical of EA to try and fix something live instead of making a game fully and then releasing it.

In fairness the market was on its way to being just as bad before hand. There were a fair few extinct players and at least the likes of Bale are affordable now.

The reason they did it during 15 instead of 16 is to try to iron out any bugs in the strategy... lets see if they can make it work for 16.

The big problem isn't just the coin sellers (they've been around forever) but the coin glitching. Even if they fixed it at this stage there are so many billions and billions of glitched coins available that it would make no difference. The fact you can buy about 5m coins for 15€ is just bonkers.

Lads, when do new price bands adjustments come in?

I've nearly got enough to try Ronaldo again, but I dont want to splash the 1.7m coins only to find if I had waited a day or two, I'd have got him cheaper :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

It's pretty random, but has happened a good few times on a Wednesday just before totw so Wednesday is always a good bet.

They don't even announce the changes sometimes, but you'll find out somewhere ie reddit

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Copa Mundial

Spanish players are making strong money with the cup that's on atm, tempted to sell out and reinvest elsewhere... :o

• Advertisement

Spanish players are making strong money with the cup that's on atm, tempted to sell out and reinvest elsewhere... :o

I was going to buy a Spanish side instead of my Argentinian..but opted for them cos Vietto :pac: also, Norweigian players were going for a ton during their cup

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lads, when do new price bands adjustments come in?

I've nearly got enough to try Ronaldo again, but I dont want to splash the 1.7m coins only to find if I had waited a day or two, I'd have got him cheaper :P

The last two weeks the reductions happened around 5 or 6 pm on a Wednesday , they were doing them between tue night and wed morning but they seem to have changed it . I'd say a lot of the prices are near the bottom now , last week had the smallest reductions (percentage wise) since they bands came in , I'd say Messi will drop to a million and Ronaldo to 1.4 mil this week

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

gizabeer wrote: »

I don't even want to look at price ranges anymore. It hurts me to see how much I've lost on players such as Suarez, Aguero, Bale and Yaya, having bought Suarez and Bale just over a month ago for close to 1m for the pair.

I don't even want to look at price ranges anymore. It hurts me to see how much I've lost on players such as Suarez, Aguero, Bale and Yaya, having bought Suarez and Bale just over a month ago for close to 1m for the pair.

But all the players you'd want to buy if you sold them have also gone down loads.

But all the players you'd want to buy if you sold them have also gone down loads.

I've got about 10k left after buying both Bale and Suarez :pac: would've loved to have gotten Ribery/Hazard at LF tho. Look lethal.

I bought Robben for 800k the day before price ranges came in and his price halfed. While I get everyone dropped the same, I can't forget that at one stage, I had a team worth 4.5m coins, and now I'm trying to scrap together 1.4m. That stings.

Ronaldo down to 1.4m now apparently. So now only 150k off him again. Anyone wanna take a guess if he'll drop again next week? Should I wait another week and get him even cheaper?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I bought Robben for 800k the day before price ranges came in and his price halfed. While I get everyone dropped the same, I can't forget that at one stage, I had a team worth 4.5m coins, and now I'm trying to scrap together 1.4m. That stings.

Ronaldo down to 1.4m now apparently. So now only 150k off him again. Anyone wanna take a guess if he'll drop again next week? Should I wait another week and get him even cheaper?

That's what I thought when buying marquee players. Then said **** it, end of FIFA anyways and my club is probs what I'll finish with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

IF James McCarthy got released and do you think there is a single one of the market :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Played a few games tonight and came up against lots of AllStar teams and found it to be a pile of kack, guys just using extreme pace as in Reus, Aguero and some dude Ronaldo, did fairly well still and just fell short of the division 1 title but every game felt like punishment and didn't enjoy them.
    Switched to seasons for the first time in about six months and what a difference, proper realistic-ish games that I enjoyed despite getting more defeats than wins. UT is not proper Fifa, I can't see myself going back to it tbh.

Advertisement