Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I cancel a pending credit card transaction

Options
  • 03-09-2014 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Can I cancel a pending credit card transaction and if so how long does it take.?

Tried to pay a bill over the phone, gave my details and they attempted to take amount but it wouldnt go through so the girl tried again and it still would not go through.  Contacted my bank as there was sufficient funds in the account and they said both were pending and gave me an authorisation code for the transactions.  The people whom i was trying to pay the bill to cannot access the money and furthermore they said they checked and there is no pending transactions to them with that credit card no.  I need to pay this bill asap so if I cancel them will they be cancelled right away and i will just use boi online banking? Help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi tania65.

Thanks for your post and welcome to Boards.ie.

When a transaction is pending on an account, unfortunately it is not possible to cancel it. 
    A pending transaction basically means that a purchase has been attempted with a merchant, approved by us and is waiting to be processed by them.
    When this does not happen, the pending amount drops off the system approximately 3-5 working days later.

This is not something which we have any control over. The only way to speed this process up is for the retailer to call their authorisation centre with the approval code and request for the payment to be reversed.

Hope this helps. If we can assist with anything further, please let us know.
    Laura

Advertisement