Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morrissey. Dublin. Dec 1st 2014.

Options
  • 03-09-2014 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

Morrissey will play a show in Dublin, Ireland on Monday 1st December. The venue will be announced on Friday 5th September.

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_140902_03

He mentioned earlier in the month that a date in the O2 had been arranged, so presumably that's the venue. Should be a good gig

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Had tickets to the Vicar St show a few years back but couldn't make it, so hopefully will get a ticket for this! And hopefully he actually shows up on the night too :P

Haven't listened to the new album at all though - how is it? Not a huge fan of much of his recent stuff :/ but it's Morrissey and the possibility of hearing Smiths/early solo stuff live means that I'll want to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Had tickets to the Vicar St show a few years back but couldn't make it, so hopefully will get a ticket for this! And hopefully he actually shows up on the night too :P

Haven't listened to the new album at all though - how is it? Not a huge fan of much of his recent stuff :/ but it's Morrissey and the possibility of hearing Smiths/early solo stuff live means that I'll want to be there.

Yeah its a good record. Supposedly the shows of his US tour (the ones that went ahead) were great.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Music Ireland did say they expected an O2 show from Morrisey to be announced within the coming weeks .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

If it is meant to be the Point, probably the delay in announcing the venue might be the change in the name from O2 to 3 Arena, which was announced today.

Not very impressed with the new album, but I haven't seen him in a while now, so I think I will be going.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

His new album is his best in absolute years, he sounds energised and fresh again, well as energised as Morrissey can be :pac:

Should be a great show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

anna calvi supporting , tickets on sale next friday

peteeeed wrote: »
    anna calvi supporting , tickets on sale next friday

Came to post this too!!

I also received a text and an email, both confirming that the access to priority tickets remains intact (though I reckon there will be more people that can have access to this service now).

Do people thing that this will sell out very quickly? Ideally I would like to buy my ticket towards the end of the month but obviously I don't want to take any chances. Does anybody remember what was the case the last time he played here-I think it was the O2/3 Arena (sic), right?

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Came to post this too!!

I also received a text and an email, both confirming that the access to priority tickets remains intact (though I reckon there will be more people that can have access to this service now).

Do people thing that this will sell out very quickly? Ideally I would like to buy my ticket towards the end of the month but obviously I don't want to take any chances. Does anybody remember what was the case the last time he played here-I think it was the O2/3 Arena (sic), right?

its hard to say, its going to be on a monday night, sh!t gig night but i'll be getting my ticket , see him loads , don't think the last point gig or kilmanium gig sold out straight away

Tickets from 59.50, which probably means standing will be 65-70 (plus booking fees).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Steep enough ticket prices... but feck it, I think I'll go. Just going to need to save up a bit.

• Advertisement

Steep enough ticket prices... but feck it, I think I'll go. Just going to need to save up a bit.

yeah same here, complaining for the sake of complaining.
    Mind you, I'll probably have to postpone purchasing a ticket until the end of the month/next payday (a couple of big extra expenses during the month).

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭smokie72

What time next friday do the tickets go on sale?

smokie72 wrote: »
    What time next friday do the tickets go on sale?

9 in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,953 ✭✭✭paulbok

Tickets from 59.50, which probably means standing will be 65-70 (plus booking fees).

seating you mean?

paulbok wrote: »
    seating you mean?

no, I meant standing.
    Usually the cheaper tickets are the seating upper tier section.
    The lower tier sitting section is more expensive and the standing is somewhere in between or occasionally on the same price as the lower sitting section.

Something like that, if I recall correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I'll be there with bells on! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I'll be there with bells on! :-)

I never knew you were a Smiths/Moz fan?!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I never knew you were a Smiths/Moz fan?!

Ive been known to listen to the odd song here and there :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Great news, nothing like a Morrissey gig to look forward to.
    ****e month for cash though, pesto for a month it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

I have a pre sale code for this if anyone wants it? Pre sale is Wenesday the 10th, joys of Three taking over the O2 :P

Edit: Gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

I'm a fan but sadly I think he's a shadow of his former self and I'll be giving this one a miss. :(

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Very tempted to go to this but a Monday night is putting me right off. Its a bit pricey too but I looked up the 02 London and the standing tickets are staggering 69 Pounds each before fees!

Krakow has been on my holiday list for a long time and he's playing there a couple weeks prior to Dublin and its on a Friday night so might go for that instead.

Still though, glad to finally get to see him live.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,953 ✭✭✭paulbok

no, I meant standing.
    Usually the cheaper tickets are the seating upper tier section.
    The lower tier sitting section is more expensive and the standing is somewhere in between or occasionally on the same price as the lower sitting section.

Something like that, if I recall correctly.

That must be a Point Depot thing then, usually standing tickets are the cheapest.

With this being a Morrisey gig, I take it he's insisted that there will be no meat sold in the arena?

paulbok wrote: »
    That must be a Point Depot thing then, usually standing tickets are the cheapest.

With this being a Morrisey gig, I take it he's insisted that there will be no meat sold in the arena?

Every gig I've gone to there the standing tickets are the cheapest, when it's an all seater gig then the furthest seats from the stage are the cheapest

peteeeed wrote: »
    Every gig I've gone to there the standing tickets are the cheapest, when it's an all seater gig then the furthest seats from the stage are the cheapest

I think it depends on the concert, but in most cases the standing is more expensive than the upper tier seating.
    That's the case in 3 of my 4 upcoming concerts in 3Arena (Lady Gaga, OneRepublic, Kasabian), only in Kylie Standing is the same price as upper seating.

With prices between 60-80 euros, I'd expect 60 for the upper tier, 70 for standing, 80 for lower tier. I guess we will know for sure on Wednesday.
    Between ticket, transportation (from Drogheda) and merchandise, I am looking for at least 100 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Any more pre-sale codes going spare? I'll be your best fwend fowever.

P.m. me if you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Looking for a pre sale code too

I am a 3 customer but didn't get a presale code

What's the likelihood of it selling out quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Looking for a pre sale code too

I am a 3 customer but didn't get a presale code

What's the likelihood of it selling out quickly

no chance of this selling out, they will probably curtain off some of the top tier

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

I don't know if its impossible that this will be a sell out. His only UK date is in London so there could potentially be people coming from Scotland or the north of England to it.

• Advertisement

Peter File wrote: »
    no chance of this selling out, they will probably curtain off some of the top tier

I remember back in the pre interweb days getting up at 5 am to head for hmv for his I think 3rd ever solo show at the national stadium

Advertisement